Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland sponsoring Rugby

• 25-10-2020 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'll be 100% honest here... I have absolutely zero interest in rugby. Today I was speaking to an ex school mate and he starts going on about how great the rugby match was (Ireland v Italy) and I don't know how or why but we got into a (quick) discussion/debate about BOI sponsorship of the 4 provinces, he thinks it's great but I think it's wrong and a waste of money by a business that was bailed out by us tax payers spends god knows how many millions on this sponsorship. I get that businesses need to advertise or sponsor to try improve their income. My problem is that this is a bank we bailed out, spending all that money looking after their rugby buddies AND to try get people to bank with them instead of the other banks (that we also bailed out) who in return become less profitable. Then you have all these banks competing against each other spending all those millions on advertising when there all supposed to be struggling. Does it really matter which bank we bank with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I lost interest when you mentioned "the rugby"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bluesbloid

I lost interest when you mentioned "the rugby"

Sorry I should have said "the rugby match" or "the rugby game"
    But thanks for the reply anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I'm with Sonny Bill Williams on this one. Clubs should not join up with banks, alcohol, tobacco or gambling companies.
    In particular UCC should not allow their beautiful skull and crossbones jersey to be sullied with BOI logo. BOI are not worthy.

Advertisement