Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy clothes in Dublin during lockdown?

• 24-10-2020 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Split me last pair of jeans this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Clothing is not deemed essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Wrap yourself in a bed sheet. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Dunnes are selling clothes anyway bought a hat earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Tesco or Dunnes maybe even M&S. Either that or shop online.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Online or is some place place maybe click and collect. Heard the Dunnes/Tesco etc should not be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

certain food shops have a clothes section. That or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

My local tesco has the clothing section fully closed off with signs stating due to level 5 its closed, they seem to have underwear and socks available to purchase though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Faridaweeda

Split me last pair of jeans this morning.

Lay off the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Clothing is not deemed essential.

Can someone do a video of them entering a shop bollick naked and when they get arrested mention they were unable to buy clothes because clothes were not deemed essential :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Can someone do a video of them entering a shop bollick naked and when they get arrested mention they were unable to buy clothes because clothes were not deemed essential :D

https://twitter.com/BrettEverest/status/1320241122569048065/video/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Dunnes are selling clothes anyway bought a hat earlier!

The Dunnes down here in Kilkenny closed off access to their clothing section. Still have access to the alcohol section though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    The Dunnes down here in Kilkenny closed off access to their clothing section. Still have access to the alcohol section though.

Priority’s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Not to mention if you have a fast growing kid or teenagger having a growth spurt and on a budget. Those fivers per internet purchase add up and the hassle of returns via your local post office where high risk elderly people frequent. Lockdown/level 5 if repeated will also push the clothes shops to be buzier in between levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Tork

Dealz? I haven't been in since this lockdown started but they sold clothes throughout the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Priority’s

I maybe naked but atleast I can still get my drink on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

It's amazing how COVID-19 can distinguish between clothes shops and other shops like supermarkets. Truly a remarkable virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭KaneToad

GazzaL wrote: »
    It's amazing how COVID-19 can distinguish between clothes shops and other shops like supermarkets. Truly a remarkable virus.

We can't stop going food shopping. It is essential. We can stop shopping for new clothes - they are not essential. If you literally only have one pair of trousers, one shirt and one jumper you're probably more likely to need to access VdP services than need to go clothes shopping.

That's the logic behind it.

But you already knew that didn't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Legend :D
    Plonker.

It's not as if it's the security guard in Tesco's fault they can't sell clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Tesco Jervis had moved clothes to just inside the entrance when I was there during the week. During the last lockdown, the M&S nearby ended up cordoning them off. I bought in bulk from Penneys just before they closed this time, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Can you click and collect from M and S?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

M&S are doing click and collect for clothing, says so on website.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

M&S are doing click and collect for clothing, says so on website.

Dunnes too

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

speckle wrote: »
    Not to mention if you have a fast growing kid or teenagger having a growth spurt and on a budget. levels.

Most appropriate typo I've seen in a long time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Priorities

🙈🙉🙊

KaneToad wrote: »
    We can't stop going food shopping. It is essential. We can stop shopping for new clothes - they are not essential. If you literally only have one pair of trousers, one shirt and one jumper you're probably more likely to need to access VdP services than need to go clothes shopping.

I thought the vdp second hand clothes shop are closed like the other charity shops? Didnt they also say that they are substantially down on contributions of clothes.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Most appropriate typo I've seen in a long time :D

ROFL .. I missed that one. haha
    You should see some of my other typos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I've been wearing the same couple of things since March, pretty much, apart from the few times I managed to get out socially during not so lockdown.
    It's great not having to worry about it, and it just goes to show how unnecessary most of the clothing is that we buy. For such a polluting industry, the less we buy the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

KaneToad wrote: »

I dare you to say that to me when I have to go to Dunnes wearing a dress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭political analyst

In fairness, whiskey and brandy have medicinal purposes if you're in shock or have a cold.

Advertisement