Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car service in another county, can I travel (level 5)?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

stiffs on here, go anywhere you want it's a free country......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭blackbox

The 5km limit is only for exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭kirving

Allinall wrote: »
    Where did I say that?

You didn't specifically, but the inference is that it's acceptable to call an Ambulance just because you don't have a car, or have access to your own car due to restrictions.

If at all possible, people should be making their own way to hospital, and IMO it's perfectly acceptable to collect your car outside of the 5km limit, if that means you can get to hospital in an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

kermitpwee wrote: »
    My god how arrogant are you? You are going to be the moderator of what I think! You will tell me whats sensible to post on an Internet forum!
    Your some legend in your own opinion.
    I can ask what I want, when I want, I asked for information, I did not ask whether you thought I was over thinking.

You asked what my opinion on overthinking was, and I gave it. If you don't like my outlook, that's your prerogative and I accept it. I couldn't care less what (or when) you post or think, what I care about is answering a question asked with sensible, reliable and factual information.

You also asked a question, and I and many others answered it. It's not arrogance, I'm doing exactly what you asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

ironclaw wrote: »
    You asked what my opinion on overthinking was, and I gave it.
    No. I asked whether I could travel to another county to service my car under level 5 restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

blackbox wrote: »
    The 5km limit is only for exercise.

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People can make their own choices whether to travel or not

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

kermitpwee wrote: »
    Im due to get my car serviced in a county that I don't live in?
    No main dealer in my own county, can I travel under level 5 restrictions?
    If do do I need an email or text from the main dealer to show at a check point?
    Thanks

I think some proof like email, text or letter would be helpful but seems car repair is essential

Advertisement