Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wexford- Covid 19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I know people have financial pressures but if someone did that to me i think I'd quit the job there and then and report the person to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

I know people have financial pressures but if someone did that to me i think I'd quit the job there and then and report the person to the guards.

Agree. There's no excuse for it now if you ask me. I've been to a funeral since the new year and it was heart breaking that I couldn't even go into the church and everything, but then there is people going around like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

i believe ely house is getting ready to take in patience , don't know if its for covid/non covid patients . .hospital must be nearly maxed out

i believe ely house is getting ready to take in patience , don't know if its for covid/non covid patients . .hospital must be nearly maxed out

There is 38 ICU beds left/spare on the whole Island of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    There is 38 ICU beds left/spare on the whole Island of Ireland.

That is scary.

North and South?

• Advertisement

That is scary.

North and South?

Think so, it states the Island of Ireland so I presume it includes Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Think so, it states the Island of Ireland so I presume it includes Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Not just scary then, terrifying.

Not just scary then, terrifying.

Nope not good at all. We now have the highest infection rate in the world in the last two weeks.

Nope not good at all. We now have the highest infection rate in the world in the last two weeks.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It’s in the Houghton Hospital in New Ross who have kept it out since the beginning. Heard too that most of the Mount Carmel nuns have it

• Advertisement

The breakdown of Covid cases for Co Wexford by LEA for the 2 week period of December 29th to January 11th is as follows:
    Gorey: 457
    Kilmuckridge: 328
    Enniscorthy: 754
    Wexford: 322
    Rosslare: 174
    New Ross: 519

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

The breakdown of Covid cases for Co Wexford by LEA for the 2 week period of December 29th to January 11th is as follows:

Why is Enniscorthy so bad ?

paulaa wrote: »

Not sure but since the last 14 day breakdown they have jumped by around 600 or more.

Breakdown of cases of Covid-19 December 22nd to January 4th is as follows:
    Gorey - 90
    Kilmuckridge - 77
    Enniscorthy - 165
    Wexford - 129
    Rosslare - 51
    New Ross - 303

The changes since the two periods:
    Gorey: +367
    Kilmuckridge: +251
    Enniscorthy: +589
    Wexford: +193
    Rosslare: +123
    New Ross: +216

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Intelligence level of scalders.

Intelligence level of scalders.

Same can be said for New Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Would eb alot of commuters in Enniscorthy,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Every man and their dog is wearing a mask outdoors around Enniscorthy I notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Raichu

kneemos wrote: »
    Every man and their dog is wearing a mask outdoors around Enniscorthy I notice.

Thinking the same, I haven’t actually seen too many people without one & especially not in shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Gael23 wrote: »
    Would eb alot of commuters in Enniscorthy,

How would that matter?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Enniscorthy: 754 which Includes the town of Bunclody.

Bunclody is apart of the Enniscorthy LEA .
    id like to see numbers of the cases for Bunclody been listed separate from Enniscorthy on the list also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Raichu

St Senan wrote: »
    Enniscorthy: 754 which Includes the town of Bunclody.

Bunclody is apart of the Enniscorthy LEA .
    id like to see numbers of the cases for Bunclody been listed separate from Enniscorthy on the list also.

Ferns would be also I think?

Edit:

Yup. This is the list:

ENNISCORTHY LOCAL ELECTORAL AREA (21,602)
    Kiltealy, Ballyroebuck, Ballindaggin, Clohamon, Castledockrell, Marshalstown, Bree, Caim, Ferns, Clonegal, Tombrack, Davidstown, Cherryorchard, Brownswood, Enniscorthy Urban (East), Enniscorthy Urban (West), Bunclody, Glynn, Kilmyshall, Galbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gorey - Ardamine, Balloughter, Ballybeg, Ballyellis, Ballylarkin, Ballynestragh, Coolgreany, Courtown, Gorey Rural, Gorey Urban, Huntingtown, Kilcomb, Kilgorman, Kilnahue, Limerick, Monaseed, Rossminoge and Wingfield.

Would that be on a par with Enniscorthy in terms of population?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Nalz wrote: »
    Would that be on a par with Enniscorthy in terms of population?

Going purely by how both LEAs have got six councillors, it would suggest they're broadly similar all right, since the number of councillors per head of population must be within a certain range.

Just to point out too that while Ferns village itself is in Enniscorthy LEA, you've only to go a couple of hundred yards in the direction of The Harrow/Boolavogue before getting into a large part of its hinterland that's actually in the Kilmuckridge LEA.

Kilmuckridge also includes a couple of places that are probably more normally associated with Gorey (e.g. Ballycanew, Killenagh), and also Oylegate, that most might assume would be Enniscorthy area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

"MapAlerter has detected a revised set of Covid-19 statistics for the Enniscorthy electoral area. The results are based on a 7-day period from Jan. 11th to Jan. 18th. Places in this local electoral area include: Enniscorthy, Ballyhogue, Bree, Ferns, Kilmyshall, Bunclody. The most recent case updates are as follows:
    New Cases in the 7-day period: 897
    14-Day Incidence Rate per 100k: 3291"

Wow Enniscorthy had got hit hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Wow Enniscorthy had got hit hard
    Any particular village hit hard or have an outbreak or alot in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr O

"MapAlerter has detected a revised set of Covid-19 statistics for the Enniscorthy electoral area. The results are based on a 7-day period from Jan. 11th to Jan. 18th. Places in this local electoral area include: Enniscorthy, Ballyhogue, Bree, Ferns, Kilmyshall, Bunclody. The most recent case updates are as follows:
    New Cases in the 7-day period: 897
    14-Day Incidence Rate per 100k: 3291"

I think the 897 is fourteen day period 4th-18th still shocking figures

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Any particular reason why so bad in Enniscorthy?

• Advertisement

Any particular reason why so bad in Enniscorthy?

We talking about Enniscorthy in general or COVID cases?

Advertisement