Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Situ regarding attending an adjudication if we go to Level 4 or 5.

• 19-10-2020 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭ Lesalare

Hey - thoughts please...

I have to attend an adjudication on Thursday this week at the RTB due to my old landlord taking a minor claim out against me.

When Level 4/5 is introduced in coming days, do I still have to attend this by law?

I live 8km from RTB also.

They are telling me I do. I've been told by a senior Gardai it's not an 'essential service' so I shouldn't have to attend.

It'll be in a room in the RTB with 4 other people.

I am surprised they are still planning to go ahead with it considering we supposedly won't even be able to have one person into our own home etc.
    No online/zoom etc. service has been offered.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭ Effects

Lesalare wrote: »
    due to my old landlord taking a minor claim out against me.

What did he say you did? That's the most important question here.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭ Lesalare

Effects wrote: »
    What did he say you did? That's the most important question here.

It's basic stuff like saying I didn't pay rent when I did and have the bank transfers to prove it. Left house without replacing lightbulbs etc. It's pretty nuts the whole thing but they have a history of doing same to other previous tenants. I have lodged counter applications etc... I'm not massively worried about the actual claim against me.

I just find it odd that they are saying to have to attend in a level 4/5 situ. Where 'no gatherings are allowed indoors'.

I'm not really looking for advice on the contents of the case.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭ astrofool

The courts/adjudicator will follow the government guidelines precisely, let the adjudicator tell you what to do, don't try and second guess their interpretation of the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭ Effects

Lesalare wrote: »
    It's basic stuff like saying I didn't pay rent when I did and have the bank transfers to prove it. Left house without replacing lightbulbs etc.

Sounds like a pain to deal with. Surely he knows you'd have proof of having paid rent, and it's easier for the LL to just change the bulbs himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭ suicide_circus

If the RTB are telling you to attend i would, it could go against you otherwise - people with small amounts of power frequently like to exercise it to the max.

• Advertisement
Advertisement