Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

statto25 wrote: »
    If Price gets into Gary's head, he will be the champ

I'm just a very casual darts follower but wasn't there some kind of agro between them in a big final a few years ago that Price won?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

bassy wrote: »
    ?????????????????????

Anderson called him a numpty a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 37,972 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope Price wins tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

D.Q wrote: »
    Anderson called him a numpty a few days ago

heat of the moment stuff,nothing to see there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Laura Woods is excellent as presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

US2 wrote: »
    Not certain on this but I think Gary just wants to play darts.

:D

Mouth watering final ahead
    I'm rooting for Gerwyn Price, but will have to be at his best
    I think if Price plays like he did tonight he wins, Anderson is playing well, but will have to up his game, especially finishing

I'm just a very casual darts follower but wasn't there some kind of agro between them in a big final a few years ago that Price won?

Yes, grand slam final 2018
    Price won, was very unpleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hoping for a great game, bit of needle and a 3rd title for the flying Scotsman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hope Price wins tomorrow

Wash your bloody mouth out!!
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Laura Woods is excellent as presenter.

Totally agree. One of the only women on tv sports who doesn’t feel added in as the token female. Very natural, knowledgeable and gives a bit of stick to the others.

mdwexford wrote: »

Totally agree. One of the only women on tv sports who doesn’t feel added in as the token female. Very natural, knowledgeable and gives a bit of stick to the others.

poor wayne :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

What's the story with the previous presenter, Dave? I know he had an illness, has it got too bad for him to continue? He was excellent and the face of darts on sky.

Lundstram wrote: »
    What's the story with the previous presenter, Dave? I know he had an illness, has it got too bad for him to continue? He was excellent and the face of darts on sky.

Yes, Parkinson's Disease unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Lundstram wrote: »

Ya he has Parkinsons, ended up retiring because of it, very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

justin will be on the sky panel tomorrow evening to replace wayne :D

who you prefer wayne or justin :D

I hope price wins tomorrow, he deserves it. Best player over the last 12 months. Wouldn't begrudge anderson either , be strange to see him have the same amount of titties as mvg despite mvg dominance for 7 years and ando only turns up when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

C'mon Price beat that whinger Anderson. Not enough close ups of Miss Woods, she's a tasty lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

mdwexford wrote: »

She’s very good.

I listen to her on talk sport a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

She’s very good.

I listen to her on talk sport a lot.

Great, soothing voice. She'd be a damn good reader on Audible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Coneygree wrote: »
    Great, soothing voice. She'd be a damn good reader on Audible.

Probably would be actually.

It’s gas cause she’s hot af but still does radio and excels at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Hope gary wins but think price will do it.

Dont get the hate for gary , hes honest if hes not happy , hes 50 years old and has won it all , nothing left to prove , if players p1ss him off that wouldnt tie his shoes then hes entitled to have his say.

Price has become a real top player , consistant , great attitude and hunger , i never expected him to become as good and over a long period of time.
    Its a real old gaurd again new upstarts tomorrow , i hope its a good game and remember it for good darts rather than messing on stage.

Anderson is one of the last of that generation of darts players of his age that can still play to a high standard with the younger lads, taylor , barney etc all gone , for me the golden era has passed and i dont find the newer era as interesting as it was a few years ago. Mayby thats just me. Too many tv events , same lads on it all the time , no players to cross over from bdo every january to keep it fresh after good runs in that championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Did all the BDO players defect to the PDC back in Sept?

Did all the BDO players defect to the PDC back in Sept?

No, only a good few went to q school, only 5 I think won tourcard.

Lisa Ashton, Scot Waites, Jeff Smith, Wesley Harms, Nick Kenny I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

sc86 wrote: »
    Hope gary wins but think price will do it.

Dont get the hate for gary , hes honest if hes not happy , hes 50 years old and has won it all , nothing left to prove , if players p1ss him off that wouldnt tie his shoes then hes entitled to have his say.

Price has become a real top player , consistant , great attitude and hunger , i never expected him to become as good and over a long period of time.
    Its a real old gaurd again new upstarts tomorrow , i hope its a good game and remember it for good darts rather than messing on stage.

Anderson is one of the last of that generation of darts players of his age that can still play to a high standard with the younger lads, taylor , barney etc all gone , for me the golden era has passed and i dont find the newer era as interesting as it was a few years ago. Mayby thats just me. Too many tv events , same lads on it all the time , no players to cross over from bdo every january to keep it fresh after good runs in that championship.

He's a whinger, no one likes that. Remember him pulling on RVB saying he was walking to close to him after recovering his darts. Video evidence proved otherwise. Used to like Ando, but not so much now, say he's unbearable to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I think Ando is worth a flutter at 11/10 on Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Like the...

Each player to have 10+ 180s
    Each player to have 1+ finish on the bull
    Each player to have a checkout greater than 140

10/1

Should give a sweat throughout the match at least. You also have to think that if they finish on the bull there is a decent chance that the outshot was greater than 140 which would satisfy two aspects of the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

7-0 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭champchamp

7-0 ...

To who? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,972 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Price to shade it 7-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I hope Anderson wins 7-0 but I think he'll win 7-3

Advertisement