Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Help Required - Club Investment 2020

• 15-10-2020 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭ Kevinmarkham

An assistance request for you Boardsies

Q. What investment has your golf club made in your course, facilities, clubhouse this year? I know some plans have been put on hold but there's plenty of work still going on.

- Are there new holes, greens, bunkers, tree clearing, routing?
    - Has there been a clubhouse revamp, new range, buggy fleet, website?

This is for an IrishGolferMag article I'm writing. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭ Silver-Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ Dotzie

Trackman Studio fitted in Newlands during lockdown. Received well by members and boost for the pro shop.

This is incorrect information

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ Rippeditup

An assistance request for you Boardsies

Q. What investment has your golf club made in your course, facilities, clubhouse this year? I know some plans have been put on hold but there's plenty of work still going on.

- Are there new holes, greens, bunkers, tree clearing, routing?
    - Has there been a clubhouse revamp, new range, buggy fleet, website?

This is for an IrishGolferMag article I'm writing. Many thanks
    I cannot wait to play the island again after the refurbs..

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭ Silver-Tiger

Nm. Is incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ twounderpar

Lucan Golf Club are constructing 3 new holes. Half ways through the project. Expect to complete in early 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ Ollieboy

Lucan Golf Club are constructing 3 new holes. Half ways through the project. Expect to complete in early 2021.

Is that not replacing 3 holes due to boundary issues? Sorry for asking because I’ve a friend that’s a member and he was complaining that it will make the course even shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ twounderpar

The course will be longer. It will be a par 73 instead of the present 71. There are also plans to lengthen the current par
    5 5th by moving the green further back on to the current 6th fairway which is one of the holes that is being replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ superted81

Loads going on in Glasson.

Back 6 redesign, moving from a par 73 to 71. 4 new holes look great, new green on the 15th( will be the new 17th).

Planning application in for a new clubhouse, gym, spa, wedding barn, cabins and hotel improvement.

New buggies arrived late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance

Castlebar has seen the completion of the new course. 2 year project by Jeff Howes & DAR Golf. New holes have fitted in seamlessly and look like they've been there forever. Much better flow to the course and haven't met a member who hasn't been happy with it.

A recent trip to a local club made me appreciate just how good the drainage is as well, still bone dry bar the odd bad spot.

2 old holes that are no longer in are being maintained as practice areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭ Dtoffee

I heard that Delgany opened a new short game practice area with new tee boxes at the first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement