Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Facebook Bans Free Speech

2»

Comments



  • "Holocaust doubter" :rolleyes:

    Go **** yourself.


    If you don't like facebook, maybe join twitter, and follow this page for a while with your "doubts"

    https://twitter.com/AuschwitzMuseum

    This is a good point, now if boards had taken the Zuckerberg option and banned the OP and closed the thread, he wouldn't see this, this could change his mind,
    or it may not (probably won't)

    BUT people reading the thread can see the proof of him being proved wrong, people need to be proved wrong.




  • daheff wrote: »
    YES

    I hope you're joking...




  • I hope you're joking...

    I hope you're joking!




  • Facebook is not a public forum. It is owned by shareholders, they have every right to impose rules to curb nonsense from people who don’t believe the holocaust ever happened or whatever the extent you claim it didn’t happen to.

    If you strongly believe it, fair enough. Just start your own site and post away!

    Don’t use Facebook, google or Twitter and don’t whinge your rights are being taken away, they own the site and can dictate what content can be posted on it.




  • Based on some of the OPs more colourful posts, I suggest resisting the temptation to further respond.....


  • Advertisement


  • I disagree, let them speak and their bull**** be torn apart by debate and reason.
    But, as this site so well demonstrates, no amount of reason will sway the true believers and the gullible. Especially when it comes to conspiracy theories, their nature precludes their believers ever accepting evidence that contradicts them. Allowing these people to spread their ****e is what perpetuates it because, as the old saying goes, "it's easier to fool a man than convince him he's been fooled".

    There is literally nothing to be gained by "debating" the factual existence of one of the most well documented events in history. And the law in Germany concerning holocaust denial is both a recognition of that and the dangers in allowing people to deny the horror and brutality that really was meted out.




  • daheff wrote: »
    I hope you're joking!

    I hope you're joking that you think I'm joking!




  • I can understand how people fall for a lot of conspiracy theories. There's usually financial motivation somewhere, for example fossil fuel companies paying to spread doubt about climate change because they profit from that ignorance. Or people inventing issues so they can sell their snake oil or profit in some way, like Andrew Wakefield who took money in order to fabricate a link between vaccines and autism to help a litigation case, which then got lapped up by people who just don't understand science. Or sometimes it's just people wanting to believe simple, comforting lies over complex, harsh truths, like Covid denialism.

    But I don't understand why people choose to deny the holocaust. Why? What is the purpose of choosing to ignore all the evidence? Who benefits from this? What other historical events do people choose to deny in this way?




  • Count Down wrote: »
    Mark Zuckerberg has banned all posts on Facebook which deny that the Holocaust ever took place.
    This action is tantamount to saying "Shut up, your opinion doesn't count, we're not going to listen to you, or give you the chance to express an opinion, you bigoted scum. The Holocaust happened, as the Official History states, so believe it."
    Holocaust deniers/doubters have been a thorn in the side of Holocaust believers for a while now. Just what does Zuckerberg and his kind fear from these people? That they might find an uncomfortable truth? eek.png


    What's wrong with banning posts that are lies?




  • But, as this site so well demonstrates, no amount of reason will sway the true believers and the gullible. Especially when it comes to conspiracy theories, their nature precludes their believers ever accepting evidence that contradicts them. Allowing these people to spread their ****e is what perpetuates it because, as the old saying goes, "it's easier to fool a man than convince him he's been fooled".

    There is literally nothing to be gained by "debating" the factual existence of one of the most well documented events in history. And the law in Germany concerning holocaust denial is both a recognition of that and the dangers in allowing people to deny the horror and brutality that really was meted out.

    Well then you could use that argument against flat earthers ! - they will never be convinced , who will be convinced however will be people on the fence - and before you say there's not much people on the fence on this, think of some kid in school, if someone tells him that this is exaggerated it's not his fault if he believes him, seeing the above tho should convince him straight, as well as history books/lessons etc..


  • Advertisement


  • Count Down wrote: »
    Not a denier, more of a doubter.
    I believe that the Holocaust happened, but not to the extent of 6000,000 deaths.
    Facebook shouldn't have had to take this drastic action.


    6 million you wally.




  • Count Down wrote: »
    The point I'm making is that Zuckerberg banning Holocaust denial makes him look like a petulant dictator.


    He doesn't govern a country - he owns a private company that is free to do as they wish.




  • Count Down wrote: »
    What evidence do you have?[/QUOTE

    Without getting too technical and going too off-topic, the logistics of exterminating 6000,000 Jews and disposing of their bodies without trace is difficult to explain logically. In my opinion the figure is about half that total, or even less.


    You can't understand how something happened therefore it didn't happen - got it.




  • This has to be a troll thread right?

    Why someone would want to troll about the Holocaust I don't know but it's pretty disgusting.




  • This has to be a troll thread right?

    Why someone would want to troll about the Holocaust I don't know but it's pretty disgusting.


    Agreed.




  • Facebook, Youtube and Twitter have been censoring anything about Covid that doesn't fit the WHO narrative. Even elected officials and medical scientists have been silenced if anything they say contradicts the WHO.
    Surely this is more worthy of discussion than denying holocaust deniers a voice.




  • Facebook, Youtube and Twitter have been censoring anything about Covid that doesn't fit the WHO narrative. Even elected officials and medical scientists have been silenced if anything they say contradicts the WHO.
    Surely this is more worthy of discussion than denying holocaust deniers a voice.



    Do you have examples?




  • Mod: Infractions given. Threads like this are not welcome here.

    Thread closed.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement