Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My return has 4 labels I have to print. First is the An Post label with a return address in Portlaoise, then the little barcode that needs to go into the box with the item and the other two are commercial invoices.
    Is it really necessary for us to attach a commercial invoice to the outside of the box and also hand a copy to the person in the post office as the Amazon page says even though it is being returned to Portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭dougm1970

this was question i came here to post too ^^....same situation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It will go to the UK, so if they ask for it, provide it. An Post will tell you off they want out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ordered few items other day expected date 1st March.. Checked order and status below

Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords

This new items held in Ireland as now due to get them Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

kingbhome wrote: »
    Looks they not wanting to touch it now :( Here's his reply this morning.

I have spoken with the owner due to more issues we have had this week with shipments inot the EU we have stopped all trays and boards being sent into EU locations Regards Martin

We have friends in the north. Maybe get it sent there and they could bring it down when restrictions are over or maybe post it down.

Decided to purchase this in the end through Amazon on Tuesday just to see how'd it would go. He agreed to deduct uk vat(which he hasn't done yet but I'll follow that up). Friday I got a call from the courier looking my eir code. So I take it it's got through customs ok without any charges or will I have to pay on delivery? Surprised it only took 3 days to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ordered few items other day expected date 1st March.. Checked order and status below

Dublin, Swords

More likely to be clearing customs at Dublin Airport after coming by air from the UK. AFAIK the current site here just distributes parcels, it doesn't pick them.

My stuff from UK is now getting here in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Dublin, Swords

If you're Dublin based you'll probably have them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,783 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I got a text apologising that my package due on 19th was late. It was delivered on the 15th 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭davetherave

Dublin, Swords

Swords would just be an office, the same as the Belgium customs clearing site. Packages never actually go there. I don't believe there is any thing held in the Greenogue site, it is just a last mile sorting and delivery site for orders that have been boxed and trucked there from actual Fulfilment centres.

See this on the Amazon tracking

hjvWbUd.png
    https://i.imgur.com/hjvWbUd.png

That would have you believe it came from Dublin, but the label on the parcel shows it came from MAN2 - the Fulfilment centre in Warrington, halfways between Liverpool and Manchester.

hcspdbt.jpeg
    https://i.imgur.com/hcspdbt.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Caranica wrote: »
    If you're Dublin based you'll probably have them tomorrow

Yeah arrived this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah arrived this morning

Any labels on the box? EDI, MAN, LCY?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

For anyone who was following my posts about buying items from a third party seller on amazon last few pages. I was informed I'd have additional charges with Irish vat, extra delivery, handling fees etc.. I purchased the item, the seller told me they'd refund me the uk vat. I ordered on Tuesday and it was out for delivery on Fri but I wasn't in. Delivered today with no extra charges at all. Asked the driver at the door have I ti sign or pay anything extra. No, nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

Just wondering if anyone having issues with packages being tampered with. Have had two instances within the past week. Order one, Samsung galaxy watch sent from Amazon Germany. Driver handed package to me but noticed it was torn and asked me to check it. Outer brown sleeve clearly ripped apart and the watch box torn as well. Looked inside and no watch to be found. Contacted Amazon who are sending out a replacement. This time being shipped with An Post.

Had another few deliveries after that without issue. Package arrived today which was only bicycle tubes. Package glue line clearly pulled away and a crease in the cardboard under it suggesting that someone was poking around inside it. Nothing was taken but it’s definitely something I will be checking in future on all deliveries. Long-time Amazon customer and never had any issues like this when An Post was doing the deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,160 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Swords would just be an office

Swords is most likely the airport, whatever mapping engine they use supplies that as the townland.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭gaming_needs90

I have been on the lookout for a replacement mobile. This mobile is not on sale anymore so only the used market is applicable. The vast majority of models are listed from the UK on ebay, but it just doesn't make sense anymore due to the import charges. Therefore, I decided to really branch out and have phone one from a total random person on the German Ebay Classifieds. https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/

I haven't received it yet but the sale was swift and painless! This branching out could well be the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I ordered stuff one night last week and it was delivered in about 36 hours, delivered a day earlier than predicted at order time, MAN1 on the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hurrache wrote: »
    I ordered stuff one night last week and it was delivered in about 36 hours, delivered a day earlier than predicted at order time, MAN1 on the label.

Yes, massive improvements, as good as it was before New Years for the most part now. The estimated delivery date is usually within 72hours but usually delivered within 48 hours for my past few purchases. It can only improve further when the distribution centre opens in West Dublin.

I'm curious as to whether Amazon improved their set up or whether the improvement is down to Revenue in here or the UK (or a combination of all three).

I'm not a big shopper, anyone know how other non amazon shipping from the UK is doing? Has it improved too?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭suave.4u

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Walkers-Max-Strong-Potato-Jalapeno/dp/B079GYKCHV

walkers chips is 50%, but they don't deliver to ireland now.
    damn you brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

suave.4u wrote: »

damn you brexit

Its really annoying when you see the temporarily out of stock when they really mean we have loads of stock but we aren't selling any to anyone in Ireland.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Did those kind of items ever deliver to Ireland though, I know for alcohol for example, I was never able to order Whiskey from Amazon.co.uk even prior to brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

1huge1 wrote: »
    Did those kind of items ever deliver to Ireland though, I know for alcohol for example, I was never able to order Whiskey from Amazon.co.uk even prior to brexit.

Loads of stuff that now comes up as Out of Stock was previously available to Ireland. Plenty of grocery items were previously available to Ireland but no longer.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

That's an excise thing rather than an Amazon thing.

Fair enough, for alcohol, I'm sure they could calculate the excise if they wanted to, but it probably is not worth the hassle for the seller.

Similarly, with those Walkers Crips above (mad craving for them after seeing that btw), I assume they could be sold to Ireland if the will was there, but with extra bureaucracy caused by Brexit importing food stuffs, its not worth the sellers time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

Can someone tell me if delivery by Amazon is done outside of Dublin?
    A few months ago it was DPD or An Post I think. Wondering if that has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Yes, massive improvements, as good as it was before New Years for the most part now. The estimated delivery date is usually within 72hours but usually delivered within 48 hours for my past few purchases. It can only improve further when the distribution centre opens in West Dublin.

I'm curious as to whether Amazon improved their set up or whether the improvement is down to Revenue in here or the UK (or a combination of all three).

I'm not a big shopper, anyone know how other non amazon shipping from the UK is doing? Has it improved too?
    They're a disaster for me at the moment. My EU SARL laptop ordered from Amazon UK on 14th January that had all random out of sequence tracking going from Rochester to Mouscron has now been declared 'missing' by Amazon. They assured me their team were investigating the whereabouts but no update from them in over a week despite their promises so have to demand a refund now

Had another smaller package that was 'damaged' and never returned to them and i had to again demand refunds from them when they gave unsatisfactory information. Never had this amount of hassel in 13 years purchasing from them

Ohmeha wrote: »
    They're a disaster for me at the moment. My EU SARL laptop ordered from Amazon UK on 14th January that had all random out of sequence tracking going from Rochester to Mouscron has now been declared 'missing' by Amazon. They assured me their team were investigating the whereabouts but no update from them in over a week despite their promises so have to demand a refund now

Had another smaller package that was 'damaged' and never returned to them and i had to again demand refunds from them when they gave unsatisfactory information. Never had this amount of hassel in 13 years purchasing from them

My only hopeful way of looking at that disasterous situation would be that it was ordered when the system was still in "chaos", perhaps if you ordered the same item now it would be a lot more straight forward.

Certainly not good enough though, hope it gets sorted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭suave.4u

damn you brexit

Yup when you put the now defunct parcel motel address , magically it is in stock with 50% price reduction.
    I have been ordering them for years as part of subscribe and save.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

As far as I know they do some deliveries in counties around Dublin like Kildare, Wicklow, Meath and Louth. I think someone said they had Amazon deliveries in Carlow or Laois also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yup when you put the now defunct parcel motel address , magically it is in stock with 50% price reduction.
    I have been ordering them for years as part of subscribe and save.

Yep loads of chocolate that used to be able to be shipped here but no longer can be.

Strangely some Lindt products can be shipped here but not others - all fulfilled by Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

Yep loads of chocolate that used to be able to be shipped here but no longer can be.

Strangely some Lindt products can be shipped here but not others - all fulfilled by Amazon.

This item would ship here a week ago but won't now: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindt-Chocolate-Canister-Contains-Individual/dp/B08SS17ZG9/

Advertisement