Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

20 trucks a day with Amazon parcels going through Rosslare from the continent.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1196595/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Business has increased 49% and according to a report on rte news today, 10 Amazon de trucks a day coming in is a regular site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ordered an item last night at 10:20. Picked standard free delivery. Estimated delivery was the 23rd. Dispatched this morning. I reckon I will have it by Saturday. Delivery dates seem to have really improved.

Updated this morning saying that it is waiting to clear customs in swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Anyone come across this before? I've had two orders recently with similar timelines.

3 Feb - Package arrived at Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    4 Feb - Package departed Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    - Initiated customs clearance process GB
    - Completed customs clearance process GB
    5 Feb - Parcel arrived at a carrier facility, Dublin Parcel Hub
    6 Feb - Completed customs clearance process GB

According to the tracking both parcels (separate dates) went through customs clearance, arrived in Dublin, then ended up back in Trafford Park, GB again?

There's been no update since Feb 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thoie wrote: »
    Anyone come across this before? I've had two orders recently with similar timelines.

3 Feb - Package arrived at Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    4 Feb - Package departed Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    - Initiated customs clearance process GB
    - Completed customs clearance process GB
    5 Feb - Parcel arrived at a carrier facility, Dublin Parcel Hub
    6 Feb - Completed customs clearance process GB

According to the tracking both parcels (separate dates) went through customs clearance, arrived in Dublin, then ended up back in Trafford Park, GB again?

There's been no update since Feb 6th.

Funny enough, just checked my most recent order. It cleared customs in Swords this morning and the latest update is that it has cleared customs in Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Is anyone else gettince 1c refunds from some recent amazon purchases? On the import deposit fee, obviously they slightly overcharged the vat but processing a few payments for 1c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Ordered a few bits in the last few days, looks like we are back to normal.

All out for delivery today which I'm stunned by as earliest ETA was Thursday at the checkout

1 order automatically renewed on Weds
    1 order placed Friday late evening (VAT on it)
    2 orders placed Saturday (VAT on one of them)

everything started its journey in the UK, nothing stocked locally. Subscribe and save was the Wednesday order and usually slower, it's also the only thing with AP everything else delivery by Amazon.

This is basically next working day, or better than the service promised by Prime. Hopefully it stays consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Yeah I've two orders from Saturday out for delivery this morning. Both were "due" Thursday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I tried Amazon.de lately after the UK site it wouldn't send certain things to me. It's only running nutrition stuff (energy bars) some of which aren't on ebay, etc. Can't argue with the speed they got here, however they seem to be coming by courier and not An Post which was the norm when I used the UK site. Today I got a text from IEPINFO about a delivery, yet when I clicked it said was a DPD link and that it was being held due to an unpaid postage fee. There was a phone call and it was delivered without an issue. Left in the porch so I didn't see the van and I missed the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ SCAM Delivery texts doing the rounds since before December.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

hkjohn wrote: »
    Third party sellers can be real b*****s.

What you should do is run a negative review
    as it generally gees them into action

Why would you do this?

daheff wrote: »
    lucky you

i ordered a dog collar early jan...still not arrived. The seller won't cancel the order either now.

Is it outside the shipping arrival date? If so just put through an A-Z claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

notice how P&P has shot up with third party sellers on amazon lately? eye watering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Guys just wondering I've a mate posting me item that I could only seem to find on ebay UK but wouldn't deliver to ire so just wondering would it hit customs if over here. Item is £40 and weighs about 1.5 kg. Item will be sent by royal mail🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Guys just wondering I've a mate posting me item that I could only seem to find on ebay UK but wouldn't deliver to ire so just wondering would it hit customs if over here. Item is £40 and weighs about 1.5 kg. Item will be sent by royal mail🀔

It should be picked up and VAT plus collection charge added, but it might not.

Caranica wrote: »
    It should be picked up and VAT plus collection charge added, but it might not.

Cheers that what I was thinking myself thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Guys just wondering I've a mate posting me item that I could only seem to find on ebay UK but wouldn't deliver to ire so just wondering would it hit customs if over here. Item is £40 and weighs about 1.5 kg. Item will be sent by royal mail��

Just curious what this has to do with Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,799 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Why would you do this?

I get this negative review nonsense on my website. Some people don't tell me that they have a problem. They make no contact at all but leave a bad review instead. I would try my best to resolve any issues if they contact me anyway but some jokers like to leave negative review first forcing shop owners to make contact with them first.

The world is full of idiots imo

degsie wrote: »
    Just curious what this has to do with Amazon?

Because what I was looking for I thought was on amazon but wrong type.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I get this negative review nonsense on my website. Some people don't tell me that they have a problem. They make no contact at all but leave a bad review instead. I would try my best to resolve any issues if they contact me anyway but some jokers like to leave negative review first forcing shop owners to make contact with them first.

The world is full of idiots imo

Same here, I dont understand why people do this. They leave a negative comment rather than trying to get a refund or replacement.

In the case of Amazon. Sometimes the buyer has message receiving turned off. This has happened to me many times where the buyer simply doesnt get the messages. Amazon state that if you put [important] in the message it works but not always. Im all for people getting their deliveries but there are better ways than leaving negative reviews. That kills someones business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Is there a way to ensure that Amazon UK do not combine orders that were placed only hours apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Is there a way to ensure that Amazon UK do not combine orders that were placed only hours apart?

Makes no difference you only pay the tax or not on the individual orders.

Already had several combined that came over the £22 something that attracts our VAT (Import Duty) and no problems.

Edit> But if you have several different addresses with minor variations set up as delivery addresses then you can change the delivery address each time.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Had a couple of orders combined and no issues.

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

thecivvie wrote: »
    Had a couple of orders combined and no issues.

Have been buying a number of light switches recently.
    Waited for notification of each despatch before I bought the next one.
    How many would you risk buying singly in the same day / despatch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

joebre wrote: »
    Have been buying a number of light switches recently.
    Waited for notification of each despatch before I bought the next one.
    How many would you risk buying singly in the same day / despatch ?

There's zero need to do this. You're just creating unnecessary waste.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

While I agree with all of the above points, if you don't want orders grouped together there is a way to ensure it does not happen. Just add your main address in a second time with a slight modification that does not actually change where it is being delivered, such as a decimal point after your number. Amazon will see them as two distinct addresses and won't combine.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

VG31 wrote: »
    There's zero need to do this. You're just creating unnecessary waste.

I am trying to avoid unnecessary waste by combining orders.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

1huge1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else gettince 1c refunds from some recent amazon purchases? On the import deposit fee, obviously they slightly overcharged the vat but processing a few payments for 1c :D

Reminds me of when I worked developing retail point of sale software and a customer asked for a change so that they could sell something at a flat €10. I told them it was a problem printing the receipt because they had to show vat amounts and it simply doesn't add up correctly at two decimal places when you put the figures on the receipt.

At 21% vat, 8.27 ex-vat rounds to 10.01, 8.26 ex-vat rounds to 9.99. So there is a cent missing that has to be accounted for somewhere. Seems very minor but a revenue audit would look at hundreds or thousands of these receipts and wonder where all the 1c VAT is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Makes no difference you only pay the tax or not on the individual orders.

Already had several combined that came over the £22 something that attracts our VAT (Import Duty) and no problems.

Edit> But if you have several different addresses with minor variations set up as delivery addresses then you can change the delivery address each time.
    delly wrote: »
    While I agree with all of the above points, if you don't want orders grouped together there is a way to ensure it does not happen. Just add your main address in a second time with a slight modification that does not actually change where it is being delivered, such as a decimal point after your number. Amazon will see them as two distinct addresses and won't combine.

There is no need to do this. I've had multiple orders arrive in the same box a few times already. Amazon is handling VAT and duty on behalf of customs correctly so their packages do not require additional inspection because Customs have their plate full dealing with packages from other senders who don't have this in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,119 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ordered Monday evening left Manchester 4:00am Tuesday morning and just delivered there now and the real time tracking is great.

Great service I have to say.

Advertisement