Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Amazon.co.uk

Comments

• Ordered some stuff yesterday morning and it's out for delivery today. Seriously impressive.

I'm so glad to see that they addressed the Irish market post brexit. I find Amazon a really fantastic resource. I was worried it would just drift along with 2 week delivery.

• An Post delivered today, on a public holiday
    qWKl2mT.png

• Yeah I got An Post Amazon deliveries Friday and today. All part of a S&S order where each product has been dispatched separately by An Post despite almost all my other deliveries in the past 6 months being Amazon's own.

• corkie wrote: »
    26th March order of 3 items dispatched today 03/04

Still says Wednesday (7th) as delivery date by AnPost to Cork.

Edit: Got a text on Easter Sunday from anpost, delivery in 2 working days.

Another (2 items) order on 29th still not dispatched. Delivery Thursday.
    Edit 2: Dispatched on Easter Sunday as well.

Got the first parcel on Tuesday 6th and second today 8th.

• Got the email saying my item is due for delivery tomorrow (Saturday) by Amazon. Does this mean that it will arrive In a Amazon branded van or just a random guy in a car?

• Advertisement

• Got the email saying my item is due for delivery tomorrow (Saturday) by Amazon. Does this mean that it will arrive In a Amazon branded van or just a random guy in a car?

i haven't received any amazon deliveries from an amazon branded van, just a plain white van. it won't be a car though.

The random car is when its a Fastway delivery and its a mate of the driver doing a nixer.

One of the reasons I use Amazon Prime is that avoids Fastway.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Does anyone know if I have to go into a post office with an Amazon return. Have a prepaid label for Portlaoise, faulty small item, value under £10. I've the customs declaration stuck to the package as well as the label, and the barcode inside.

The instructions say I have to give the commercial invoice to the carrier, do I still need to do this? A5 envelope will fit in a post box and I'd much rather not waste my lunchtime in the post office if I can avoid it.

• Mod - your post was moved to the Amazon returns thread at the top of the page.

• whiterebel wrote: »
    Mod - your post was moved to the Amazon returns thread at the top of the page.

Thanks, this is the only thread I follow in this forum so I missed it.

• Advertisement

• Anyone getting messages on delivery tracker "the driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address"? It happens about 1 in 3 of mine lately. I'll get the notification that the driver is 8 stops away (and see they're in my greater development). Two hours later I'll check the app and get that message. Delivery could be delayed by a further 2-3 hours. 8 stops away from within my development is usually 30 minutes or less, not 5 hours.

Edit, it's changed again to say it's 7 stops away. Which it was at 12.45, but location is different?

• Never got any message at all and it's the only reason I installed the app.

• Caranica wrote: »
    Anyone getting messages on delivery tracker "the driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address"? It happens about 1 in 3 of mine lately. I'll get the notification that the driver is 8 stops away (and see they're in my greater development). Two hours later I'll check the app and get that message. Delivery could be delayed by a further 2-3 hours. 8 stops away from within my development is usually 30 minutes or less, not 5 hours.

Edit, it's changed again to say it's 7 stops away. Which it was at 12.45, but location is different?

Yeah I get this all the time. Drives me mad.

• EarWig wrote: »
    Never got any message at all and it's the only reason I installed the app.

What's the name of the tracking spp?

• What's the name of the tracking spp?
    Amazon Shopping.......maybe I have the wrong one.

• EarWig wrote: »
    Amazon Shopping.......maybe I have the wrong one.

No, that's the correct one. If your order is being delivered by Amazon logistics you get a notification when the driver is (usually) 8 stops away and you can see a map as to where they are.

No, that's the correct one. If your order is being delivered by Amazon logistics you get a notification when the driver is (usually) 8 stops away and you can see a map as to where they are.

Odd, all my deliveries (almost daily) are delivered by Amazon and I never get any alerts, to you have to switch on notifications or something?

When I go into my orders and delivery it just has the line moving from shipped to put for delivery....

• Odd, all my deliveries (almost daily) are delivered by Amazon and I never get any alerts, to you have to switch on notifications or something?

When I go into my orders and delivery it just has the line moving from shipped to put for delivery....

Definitely check your notification settings. You won't get the notifications, map and x stops away until it is 8 stops (or fewer, sometimes they pop up at 5) away or closer. Until then it's just "out for delivery"

• Odd, all my deliveries (almost daily) are delivered by Amazon and I never get any alerts, to you have to switch on notifications or something?

Are you in Dublin? All my parcels are delievered by Amazon, most but not all give me the ability to track when they are less than 8 stops away.

i don't get a notification either. the only time i see that it is a certain number of stops away is if I open the app just before the delivery happens.

• Advertisement

• 1huge1 wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? All my parcels are delievered by Amazon, most but not all give me the ability to track when they are less than 8 stops away.

Yep in Dublin, must check again...

• So hsve a parcel out for delivery today, the carrier is Amazon.

Notification settings are on for the amazon shopping app.

When I go to my orders and click on deliveries I see the below...where can I see how far it is as a matter of interest?

Delivery By Amazon

Tracking ID: GA000xxxxxxxx

Friday, 16 April

4:17 AM

Package arrived at the final delivery station

Dublin, IE

Thursday, 15 April

5:17 AM

Completed customs clearance process

Dublin, Swords

4:28 AM

Initiated customs clearance process

Dublin, Swords

4:14 AM

Dublin, Swords

3:10 AM

Package departed an Amazon

• So hsve a parcel out for delivery today, the carrier is Amazon.

Notification settings are on for the amazon shopping app.

When I go to my orders and click on deliveries I see the below...where can I see how far it is as a matter of interest?

Delivery By Amazon

Tracking ID: GA000xxxxxxxx

Friday, 16 April

4:17 AM

Package arrived at the final delivery station

Dublin, IE

Thursday, 15 April

5:17 AM

Dublin, Swords

4:28 AM

Initiated customs clearance process

Dublin, Swords

4:14 AM

Dublin, Swords

3:10 AM

Package departed an Amazon

you wont know where it is until it is 8 stops away from you.

• you wont know where it is until it is 8 stops away from you.

Ah ok so do some people keep thst close an eye on the delivery then ie do you have to go and look or do you get a push message or something?

• You'd get a push notification from the Amazon App. And you get the little map if you track the order via the App but not by the website.
    See screenshot below, it will count down the number of stops until you are next.

VTLBxRN.png

• Thanks, that map never shows in my app nor do I get push notifications despite them being enabled..nor the other half. Do the notifications and map appear only when you within 8 stops of delivery?

• Usually notification and map comes at 8 stops. Today I got mine at 3 of stops, and it arrived 7 hours later having switched to "the driver has other deliveries to make on the way to you". This happens about 1 in 3 of my deliveries and I'd had enough. Got on to customer services, they wouldn't connect me to logistics despite me having been connected to them on chat before. Agent said they'd pass on my feedback and gave me £5 credit as an apology.

• Mmm thanks.

Parcel just delivered and no notifications telling me the map should now be visible

Am on android, is this only on iPhone or something?

• Mmm thanks.

Parcel just delivered and no notifications telling me the map should now be visible

Am on android, is this only on iPhone or something?

No, I'm on Android. Have you checked your notification settings?

• Advertisement

No, I'm on Android. Have you checked your notification settings?

Yep, in the amazon app and on my phone.

I got a pop up when the delivery was made tonight but nothing before that.

Advertisement