Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭skinny90

MugsGame wrote: »
    Probably this was not an extra charge, but the same Irish VAT Amazon UK always charged us. Just it's now shown as import duty. If the item is cheap (<= €22) you may even escape the VAT altogether (if that's the case, you'll see the price drop at checkout once you supply a delivery address).

yeah I know it was above that but the point im making was that I waited what 2 days for an item to shipped and posted, thats better than pre brexit times

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

normal with Amazon minus the little extra charge

And my point was there is no little extra charge - it's the same amount we were always charged.

I agree with you the service is pretty much identical as before. Amazon UK are padding the advertised delivery dates so we don't get upset if there are customs clearing delays, but I'm getting things in 2-3 days of ordering. That's actual days including weekends, which is pretty amazing. Amazon can deliver from the UK before most Irish shops have even processed and dispatched an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Ordered Sunday night, got it this morning and only got the An Post text an hour before hand. The An Post text normally means next day for me. Very happy. Seems to be coming back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Last week I put a few blurays In my basket, this week they are no longer sold directly by amazon but if you login with a U.K. address they are sold by amazon. What’s going on here are amazon now not selling select blurays to Ireland that doesn’t really make much sense. Could it be a corona or brexit thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Last week I put a few blurays In my basket, this week they are no longer sold directly by amazon but if you login with a U.K. address they are sold by amazon. What’s going on here are amazon now not selling select blurays to Ireland that doesn’t really make much sense. Could it be a corona or brexit thing?

Were they also fulfilled by Amazon?

• Advertisement

drake70 wrote: »
    Were they also fulfilled by Amazon?

They are all sold and dispatched by amazon directly

This for example has 10 copies of viewed from the U.K. but if viewed from Ireland Amazon doesn’t even show as a seller anymore https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Clover-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B08M28VG12/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=black+clover+season+2&qid=1612553060&sprefix=black+clover+season+&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,730 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did you ask Amazon?

muffler wrote: »
    Did you ask Amazon?

They didn’t really have an answer I’m not sure they know why either

• Registered Users Posts: 45,730 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I see what you mean. I logged into my account here in ROI and no sale by Amazon. But when I change my address to NI the box set you linked to is available.

Would it have anything to do with licencing for that particular series?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

import duty & brexit and all that gobbledegook, it'll take the best part of 6 months to sort out

• Advertisement

The 1st season can be ordered from Ireland just not season 2 tis abit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

They've been doing this for the past few years - nothing to do with Brexit or Corona. It makes no sense, but there must be a reason for it. Unfortunately there's no way of getting through to someone in Amazon who can give you a reasonable explanation. If you get on to the chat help they will just say that certain items cannot be delivered to Ireland, even though their help pages say that CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays can be delivered here. I've also seen books that I've ordered in the past can no longer be sent here, even though they are sold and dispatched by Amazon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Article in todays Irish times about the new fulfilment Centre, probably what we already know.

Am hoping goods that are longer be shipped here from the UK can start becoming available again once shipped from Ireland.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/amazon-s-arrival-in-ireland-will-change-the-way-we-shop-1.4476364%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

21 blue Prime HGV trailers in the inbound Rosslare freight holding area this morning. All came in from France....... I've never seen these trailers come through Rosslare before. Are they fulfilling Irish orders from the continent rather than the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

Decoda wrote: »
    21 blue Prime HGV trailers in the inbound Rosslare freight holding area this morning. All came in from France....... I've never seen these trailers come through Rosslare before. Are they fulfilling Irish orders from the continent rather than the UK?

They've always fulfilled some orders from mainland Europe but they used to all go through the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

maybe there building the massive depot in kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

fryup wrote: »
    maybe there building the massive depot in kildare?

From shipping containers?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,160 ✭✭✭✭ED E

VG31 wrote: »
    They've always fulfilled some orders from mainland Europe but they used to all go through the UK.

Sounds like they're bypassing MAN alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭peter4918

VG31 wrote: »

I’ve ordered 10 items with Amazon prime uk since the start of the year and all have been dispatched from Germany

Edit - just checked and 1 has come from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

peter4918 wrote: »
    I’ve ordered 10 items with Amazon prime uk since the start of the year and all have been dispatched from Germany

Edit - just checked and 1 has come from the UK

5 out of 22 total not from the UK for me. It probably depends a lot on what you're buying.

• Advertisement

How soon should we expect stuff to be shipping from Dublin? Is it later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just 1 out of 11 not from the UK. A book that came from France.
    How soon should we expect stuff to be shipping from Dublin? Is it later this year

Next year at least. Permission to build it was only granted at the end of November. From the planning documents:

• Existing Year (2019 - baseline conditions only)
    • Opening year (2022 - assume proposed development fully operational);
    • Future Year – 5 years after opening (i.e. 2027- assume proposed development operational, with indicative masterplan development assumed operational for cumulative impact case scenario); and
    • Horizon Year – 15 years after opening (i.e. 2037- assume proposed development operational, with indicative masterplan development assumed operational for cumulative impact case scenario)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone one else having 3D secure issues with amazon and revolut.

I had to pay 350e (over the 250 threshold) for something and amazon didn't have 3D secure on so revolut kept declining the payment. I tried everything, was on to revolut support and amazon support.

Eventually had to use my aib card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone one else having 3D secure issues with amazon and revolut.

I had to pay 350e (over the 250 threshold) for something and amazon didn't have 3D secure on so revolut kept declining the payment. I tried everything, was on to revolut support and amazon support.

Eventually had to use my aib card.

It's the law, thank the EU for another hurdle to online shopping.

https://blog.revolut.com/internet-payments-are-becoming-more-secure/

The issue here is Amazon not having 3D secure on for revolut because the united kingdom does not require it but your revolut card is coded Irish so the EU requires it.

Brexit problem!

It's down to Amazon to fix it by doing 3D for cards that are coded as EU even if they think the card is UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Have this on another thread but was advised to post here.

Does anyone know how much additional charges I'll get charged for these items.

I have just purchased some items on amazon and don't know wether I'll get hit with more charges once it lands in Ireland. See attachment for my order.

Another question, amazon are taking just under 10e a month from my account. I assume this is amazon prime but I can't remember signing up to it. Unless I've mistakenly signed up on my last order on Amazon.de. can I cancel this and if I do , do I get hit with charges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

kingbhome wrote: »
    Have this on another thread but was advised to post here.

Does anyone know how much additional charges I'll get charged for these items.

I have just purchased some items on amazon and don't know wether I'll get hit with more charges once it lands in Ireland. See attachment for my order.

Another question, amazon are taking just under 10e a month from my account. I assume this is amazon prime but I can't remember signing up to it. Unless I've mistakenly signed up on my last order on Amazon.de. can I cancel this and if I do , do I get hit with charges

They are sold and despatched by a third party seller who seems to have charged you UK VAT.
    You can expect to pay 21% Import VAT on the total price of the items + delivery charges.
    If they are UK made and the seller fills in the customs labels correctly - you should not be liable for duty.
    However - if they don't do the customs forms right (which I suspect they won't) - you could be also charged import duty. That could be 6.5%. (Rate for sanitary ware)

Duty is applied before VAT - so the worst-case scenario is 6.5% duty then add 21% VAT . Works out close to 29% extra. Plus handling fee - possibly another €15.

Of course - it could be worse still if customs need to value the items themselves and decide they are worth a lot more !

Can you cancel the order ? If not - one option is to raise a complaint with Amazon because they tell all sellers not to make customers pay any extra charges on delivery. You might get them (the seller) to refund the import fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,160 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Garbage

Try using screenshots....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

21% Irish VAT on item and delivery cost = €92 approx. + courier handling fee.
    Possibly additional import duty on item cost only, if item is not zero tariff rated.

More info here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

You can cancel and will probably get a refund of current month's fee if you haven't used your Prime benefits that month.

Gadgie wrote: »
    21% Irish VAT on item and delivery cost = €92 approx. + courier handling fee.
    Possibly additional import duty on item cost only, if item is not zero tariff rated.

More info here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

You can cancel and will probably get a refund of current month's fee if you haven't used your Prime benefits that month.

I think I'll cancel the order. 92e plus another handling fee does seem excessive! How much is the handling fee.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Try using screenshots....

Why does it say garbage in my quote?

Advertisement