Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Vinyl Job Lots - any experience

Options
  • 25-09-2020 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭

I have been looking through various vinyl job lots on ebay over the last few weeks. There looks to be some good value available. I know there is always a risk with used items, but for value I am thinking of risking a purchase (assuming I can get it delivered via Parcel Motel)

Has anyone had any experience of buying vinyl job lots from ebay, or anywhere else online for that matter

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I wouldn't get caught up in just getting a load of vinyl, for the sake of having a load of vinyl. You could be paying someone for the privilege of off loading their crap. Which tends to be what happens with bulky stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Is there any list provided?

If not, then it's likely to be packed with dodgy classical, bad country 'n' Irish, some Readers Digest sets, unfunky easy listening (plenty good stuff in this genre, but a terrible amount of cheese)
    Highly unlikely that you'll stumble on rarities or something decent this way.

In terms of did I ever do it before?
    Yes - once with 100 7" singles for £30 around 25 years ago. Absolute dross; only 3 keepers (one being Cliff Richard's Jesus because of its drumbreak), rest were donated to Oxfam.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

As other's have said, can be hit and miss. If there is a list provided you can gauge better. Also get them to tell you what the quality of the wax is. You don't want a whole load of crackly skippy records that will damage your needle(s).

Advertisement