Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Castan, Doughiska

  • 16-09-2020 11:30am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ ElitesTeam


    Does anyone live there? Have a relative that is looking to rent in there but have they heard estates around Doughiska has a lot of council housing and renters. Anyone live there or close know what it like?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ Mr_A


    Lived there for 11 years and had very, very few issues. Lovely estate.


  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ ElitesTeam


    Mr_A wrote: »
    Lived there for 11 years and had very, very few issues. Lovely estate.

    Thanks, what was any issue you did have? any anti social behavior?


  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ Mr_A


    There was one or two parties- weren't in Castan but on the Doughiska Road itself. But I am talking about literally one or two issues in over a decade, you'll get that pretty much anywhere!


  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ ElitesTeam


    Mr_A wrote: »
    There was one or two parties- weren't in Castan but on the Doughiska Road itself. But I am talking about literally one or two issues in over a decade, you'll get that pretty much anywhere!

    Thanks ill pass that on.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,883 ✭✭✭✭ Mrs OBumble


    Doughiska Rd is very long.

    Castán is near the estate which historically had lots of guards living in it. Its a long way from the estate with a higher proportion of social housing.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ Buddy74


    Also it was built my O'Malleys which has a great reputation of building estates around the city- Further up towards NCT center the Estates were thrown up by chancers and the council is refusing to take over some of them as they weren't built to the standard (Roads/Drains/boundary walls).


  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ ElitesTeam


    Buddy74 wrote: »
    Also it was built my O'Malleys which has a great reputation of building estates around the city- Further up towards NCT center the Estates were thrown up by chancers and the council is refusing to take over some of them as they weren't built to the standard (Roads/Drains/boundary walls).

    Are you sure, I though McInerney Construction built them from what I can find but I have no idea if they are any good(McInerney Construction)


  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ Foxx92


    I currently live here. No problems whatsoever. It's a pretty perfect estate to buy/rent in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ Foxx92


    ElitesTeam wrote: »
    Are you sure, I though McInerney Construction built them from what I can find but I have no idea if they are any good(McInerney Construction)

    If you go to the galway city council planning page you can search for documents relating to the estate, you should see the construction company there. They seem to be well built though


Advertisement