Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

You should be isolating form him especially if your showing symptoms, are they progressive or stating to ease.

Furthermore:
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/managing-coronavirus-at-home/if-you-live-with-someone-who-has-coronavirus.html
    You are advised to restrict your movements for 14 days if you:
    • are a close contact of a confirmed case of coronavirus
    • live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus, but you feel well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Furthermore:
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/managing-coronavirus-at-home/if-you-live-with-someone-who-has-coronavirus.html
    You are advised to restrict your movements for 14 days if you:
    • are a close contact of a confirmed case of coronavirus
    • live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus, but you feel well

Thank you, but HSE Contact tracers have said he does not need to restrict movements if we are negative, regardless of whether we have symptoms. If we develop symptoms after the test he does have to isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Not yet
    Still brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Any breakdown of of what constitutes the Dublin regions, even by post codes?
    So for example Dublin South-East , where I possibly am, is a virus ridden hell-hole apparently and the culchies all want us locked down, but where do I check that's the case before getting into my bunker to ride it it on beans and my March stash of toilet rolls?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

210 Today
    121 Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

210 cases today. 121 in Dublin. 17 in Louth. 10 in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

No need for a Dublin lockdown

hqdefault.jpg

To slow sucker there's only one Sheriff in this town :cool:
    (im joking of course )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭blowitupref

A lot considering little or no back log cases? Only explanation is a huge amount of testing was done in the last 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

210 Today
    121 Dublin

While Dublin continues to be high its relatively around the same each day.

Let's see what the swab data says

• Advertisement

A lot considering little or no back log cases? Only explanation is a huge amount of testing was done in the last 24 hours.

On track to be the highest number of tests done in a week I think.

Pushing 12-13k swabs a day based on the HSE charts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

210 Today
    121 Dublin
    Would say restrictions likely now in Dublin at the weekend. The high amount of cases could jeopardize schools. Third level aswell to come back in a few weeks. I do think it might better for the best long term . This could turn to be out of control rather quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

What's happening in Louth? I had heard about an outbreak at a construction site in Dundalk, didn't think it contributed that many cases though.

wadacrack wrote: »
    Would say restrictions likely now in Dublin at the weekend. The high amount of cases could jeopardize schools. Third level aswell to come back in a few weeks. I do think it might be for the best long term . This could turn to be out of control rather quickly.

I hope not have a wedding I really want to go to next Saturday
    After that then fire ahead with aul lockdowns

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Would say restrictions likely now in Dublin at the weekend. The high amount of cases could jeopardize schools. Third level aswell to come back in a few weeks. I do think it might be for the best long term . This could turn to be out of control rather quickly.

Are the cases scattered around, would they just lockdown the worst area

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What restrictions do you think they could implement they can control or enforce, shut down of non essential shops, close restraunt/bars, mandatory masks in public, they haven't a lot of options legally.

Highly unlikely. Government position already made clear(for once). Nothing until after next Tuesday at least plus likely to just be a reduction in numbers of households mixing as thats what driving it.
    They won't hit other business that's already open because economically its admitted its not feasible and they aren't the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

NPHET must be a bit annoyed the Government didn't issue their advice yesterday.
    Let's be honest though reducing household gatherings to 2 extra parties from outside the home is hardly a restriction at all and those who were not following the guidelines anyway will hardly start now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Any idea of how long its taking to get a test?

Rang doctor at 9am and they said expect a call in the morning and to be tested today. Still no call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Over the past few weeks, we saw the figures swing from low to high and back down again. Eg. We would see 10/15/20 one day, we might have seen a bit of a jump to 40 or 50 or 60 cases, then it came back down again. I'm very disappointed seeing another day with high numbers. I was hoping after the other day with the 300+ for the days, we might have some days where we would have some low-ish numbers like approx 50/60/70/80. That really hasn't happened. It's a real see-saw of figures now.

• Advertisement

Let's be honest though reducing household gatherings to 2 extra parties from outside the home is hardly a restriction at all and those who were not following the guidelines anyway will hardly start now.

To be honest it's the same advice as has been given since during the week. Reduce your contacts.

Any cases reported now are from before NPHET started singling out Dublin and Limerick to reduce their contacts during the week. If that message has got through its not going to be in the numbers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm stunned by the poor quality of that article, usually what Ferriter has to say is balanced and knowledgable.

That piece is an absolute mess.

"Why didn't we have 20,000 deaths" - that was based on a prediction of uncontrolled transmission with no containment measures. He's an intelligent man, how can he not put two and two together?

"Why the changing guidelines on masks? " - has he been asleep for the last six months?

"Sweden has had no restrictions" - Yes, they have.

He even talks up the insight of "Nobel Laureate" Michael Levitt - I really couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that.

There's more than that too.

He raises the odd good point about some of the contradictions of NPHET's advice and his central argument that authority should always be subject to scrutiny is totally valid, but his scattergun approach to just throwing out badly misinformed questions or completely out of date debate points is not the way to make a convincing argument.

I like Ferriter a lot as a historian and I always find him to be an engaging and perceptive speaker when I hear him talk, but, what a car crash of an opinion piece - I actually think a good lot of us on here are more clued in and informed about what he is writing about than he is. For real.

I find it worrying in its implications for the standard of future public debate that one of Ireland's most prominent public intellectuals is putting his name to such a shapeless mish mash of hot takes.

owlbethere wrote: »
    Over the past few weeks, we saw the figures swing from low to high and back down again. Eg. We would see 10/15/20 one day, we might have seen a bit of a jump to 40 or 50 or 60 cases, then it came back down again. I'm very disappointed seeing another day with high numbers. I was hoping after the other day with the 300+ for the days, we might have some days where we would have some low-ish numbers like approx 50/60/70/80. That really hasn't happened. It's a real see-saw of figures now.

As was always predicted which is why Dr Glynn amongst others have said 7 and 14 day averages more important.
    Government plan to come next week also doesn't put much importance on individual days numbers appearently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

What restrictions do you think they could implement they can control or enforce, shut down of non essential shops, close restraunt/bars, mandatory masks in public, they haven't a lot of options legally.

Household transmission seems a problem. NEPHT have stated the Kildare, Offaly, Laois lockdown worked. So it might make sense to use similar restrictions. The potential for it grow more rapidly in a densely populated city makes the numbers even more conerning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Would say restrictions likely now in Dublin at the weekend. The high amount of cases could jeopardize schools.
    There's not been the slightest indication that schools would be in jeopardy. If anything, it's the opposite.
    They've also said there'll be no new restrictions until next week when the plan is published (as I suspected). The new figures aren't probably high enough for it go earlier.

To slow sucker there's only one Sheriff in this town :cool:
    (im joking of course )

By the way whoever both your source is, cracking job their doing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not legal, the Government have to be very careful. It's Grand for NPHET to come out with things as if they are mandatory, there not and implying they are is an abuse of power.
    NPHET need to be taken off the air waves, Government needs to start doing its job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Reducing down the groups of people visiting households from 3 to 2 is not going to make a tap of difference, what "expert" came up with that brainfart? I'm not saying that there needs to be another lockdown but there needs to be more than making that "suggestion" (because that's all it is) in order to get things under control in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Any idea of how long its taking to get a test?

Rang doctor at 9am and they said expect a call in the morning and to be tested today. Still no call

you dont get a call, you just get a text. normally within a few hours of GP arranging it. test is normally the next day depending on where u live etc.

• Advertisement

Household transmission seems a problem. NEPHT have stated the Kildare, Offaly, Laois lockdown worked. So it might make sense to use similar restrictions. The potential for it grow more rapidly in a densely populated city makes the numbers even more conerning.

Those restrictions were for as has been said at the press conferences a completely different set of circumstances and wouldn't be proportional when the issue is household transmission.

Doesn't take much to look into what's being said about any Dublin or Limerick restrictions to see that they wont be going down the Kildare, Offaly and Loais route

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement