Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

USPS to Ireland

13»

Comments

• whiterebel wrote: »
    Have you looked back I through any previous posts in this thread? No one knows who USPS are giving it to in the US, whether they have event had flights into London or Ireland. As far as they are concerned, handed over to the airline means it has arrived in Ireland. An Post may not have even seen them yet.

Thanks Whiterebel, yep looked through previous posts, so just wanted to get a recent update. It's arrived in Dublin according to USPS emails and they then go to An Post. But as yet it has not ben scanned by An Post. I called An Post and they have told me they have not yet received it. 'Yet', is what I'm holding onto. :)
    I've everything crossed.

• podgerella wrote: »
    Thanks Whiterebel, yep looked through previous posts, so just wanted to get a recent update. It's arrived in Dublin according to USPS emails and they then go to An Post. But as yet it has not ben scanned by An Post. I called An Post and they have told me they have not yet received it. 'Yet', is what I'm holding onto. :)
    I've everything crossed.
    Usps will only know that it has processed to the airport. They won't know if it has got onto an aircraft.

Letters get priority, followed by small packages and then larger parcels.

I had my sister send me something from Washington. It was about the size of a box of tissues. It left 3rd Dec, it arrived on Tuesday. (not needed until March :) )

Her Christmas card (or happy holidays card) left Dec 22nd and arrived yesterday.

• I know this thread hasn't been active for 2 weeks or so but has anyone had anything from the us delivered by Usps recently. I had an item reach Dublin transfer airport 2 days ago and was wondering how many days before I can expect it.Reading previous posts suggest that it will just turn up without being logged onto anpost tracking system.

*Update*-put the tracking number into anpost tracking this morning and says it's out for delivery

• Abiya041 wrote: »
    I know this thread hasn't been active for 2 weeks or so but has anyone had anything from the us delivered by Usps recently. I had an item reach Dublin transfer airport 2 days ago and was wondering how many days before I can expect it.Reading previous posts suggest that it will just turn up without being logged onto anpost tracking system.

How long after this did the tracking finally update? Mine had arrived on Monday morning still waiting

• Guys, I was expecting my laptop tomorrow before I read your messages. A laptop was sent from the US on 10th Feb and now the recent status shows

February 18, 2021, 10:20 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on February 18, 2021 at 10:20 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Are things any better these days with deliveries or I can just forget about it for now?

• Advertisement

• Guys, I was expecting my laptop tomorrow before I read your messages. A laptop was sent from the US on 10th Feb and now the recent status shows

February 18, 2021, 10:20 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on February 18, 2021 at 10:20 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Are things any better these days with deliveries or I can just forget about it for now?

That suggests it arrived in Dublin today. It may/may not get flagged for customs inspection. If not, vat is calculated, applied and parcel moves to delivery.

Only sporadic delays about. I'm experiencing about 90% next day delivery, but allowing for customs, possibly delivery for Monday.

• Darc19 wrote: »
    That suggests it arrived in Dublin today. It may/may not get flagged for customs inspection. If not, vat is calculated, applied and parcel moves to delivery.

Only sporadic delays about. I'm experiencing about 90% next day delivery, but allowing for customs, possibly delivery for Monday.

That gave me some hope. Thank you!

The status hasn’t updated since and An Post doesn’t show anything for that tracking number.

Is there anywhere I can call and get an update?

• Hi,
    So I ordered something from America on February 9th being sent by usps. I Got all of the email tracking updates as far as 'left Dublin Airport on 14th of February at 10am and In transit to destination'
    I had no updates all week and then it arrived with An Post this morning.... No tracking updates to say it was being delivered today but it came with An Post..... Just wanted ye all to know as I've been wondering all week if it was maybe lost......

• Sar2020 wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I ordered something from America on February 9th being sent by usps. I Got all of the email tracking updates as far as 'left Dublin Airport on 14th of February at 10am and In transit to destination'
    I had no updates all week and then it arrived with An Post this morning.... No tracking updates to say it was being delivered today but it came with An Post..... Just wanted ye all to know as I've been wondering all week if it was maybe lost......

That’s very helpful. Thank you!

Was it a big or small item? Any customs?

• Small box - no customs issue as the item was low value...

• Advertisement

• I entered the USPS tracking number on An Post and I am seeing this

Awaiting information on your post

We may not have received your delivery yet, but check back later as tracking is updated regularly throughout the day.

• I'm in the same situation as many of the other posters and USPS/An Post don't seem to talk to each other. Here we are in the 21st century, spacecraft landing on Mars and they can't even match what the Victorians were able to do with mail 150 years ago.

• Using First Class Mail International, deliveries generally take between 7–21 days to arrive, although the USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times. Mail may travel to its destination by ground, air, or a combination of both. Try UPS for your parcel delivery needs to Ireland today.

• Hi
    I ordered from the US 17th Dec and still hasn’t arrived. Last tracking details like many on here is “ Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on December 27, 2020 at 11:13 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination”
    An post has nothing on their system. Where could it be? What airport? Who do I contact?
    Has anyone had any luck contacting anyone!
    Thanks

• Hi
    I ordered from the US 17th Dec and still hasn’t arrived. Last tracking details like many on here is “ Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on December 27, 2020 at 11:13 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination”
    An post has nothing on their system. Where could it be? What airport? Who do I contact?
    Has anyone had any luck contacting anyone!
    Thanks

The seller is the only person/company you should be contacting.

• Hi, anyone waiting on parcels from USA? Waiting on package low value been in customs since 1st March no movement, I'm thinking they lost it

• Confirming an earlier post on here, An Post are not scanning USPS packages coming into Ireland. I had a small parcel brought to the post office in Washington on March 23rd, USPS scanned it leaving Newark on the 26th, and the USPS system then had it departing Dublin Airport in transit to its destination on the 27th. It arrived on my doorstep this morning 6th April. There was and still is nothing on the AnPost system with its tracking number. The potential for abuse / theft is not good given that AnPost will refuse to acknowledge the existence of parcels being sent by USPS. Does anyone know WHY AnPost is no longer scanning USPS packages? I find it very strange.

• P38Man wrote: »
    Confirming an earlier post on here, An Post are not scanning USPS packages coming into Ireland. I had a small parcel brought to the post office in Washington on March 23rd, USPS scanned it leaving Newark on the 26th, and the USPS system then had it departing Dublin Airport in transit to its destination on the 27th. It arrived on my doorstep this morning 6th April. There was and still is nothing on the AnPost system with its tracking number. The potential for abuse / theft is not good given that AnPost will refuse to acknowledge the existence of parcels being sent by USPS. Does anyone know WHY AnPost is no longer scanning USPS packages? I find it very strange.

Go back though posts on this thread and it'll give an indication of what is happening.. It's hard to tell where it is at any given time. USPS saying it has left the US doesn't mean much. An Post seem to be leaving the tracking off to give themselves more time to get it delivered, which isn't right.

• USPS has the worst service in the delivery game.

Forget about notifications that mean anything.

Speaking as a former large account with USPS, we have changed to DH��L.

USPS does not know what happens to your package once it leaves the USA.

I have had packages leave from US airport on three different days for the same package four weeks apart. The same package should have taken 5 days, it took three months and is still to this day showing as in Germany, despite being delivered.

I now know (to my cost) that slightly higher cost private companies are FAR more efficient and DO provide tracking internationally, which USPS does not.

• P38Man wrote: »
    Confirming an earlier post on here, An Post are not scanning USPS packages coming into Ireland. I had a small parcel brought to the post office in Washington on March 23rd, USPS scanned it leaving Newark on the 26th, and the USPS system then had it departing Dublin Airport in transit to its destination on the 27th. It arrived on my doorstep this morning 6th April. There was and still is nothing on the AnPost system with its tracking number. The potential for abuse / theft is not good given that AnPost will refuse to acknowledge the existence of parcels being sent by USPS. Does anyone know WHY AnPost is no longer scanning USPS packages? I find it very strange.

Believe me when I say if it is not scanned it is because it won't scan.

USPS use a variety of barcodes some scan some don't .

At delivery office level both the company and the postmen keep a track of how many packets they have and will scan anything that scans

That's how people discovered that when Book Depository items changed their barcode thy found out they will now scan .

• Advertisement

• SPDUB wrote: »
    Believe me when I say if it is not scanned it is because it won't scan.

USPS use a variety of barcodes some scan some don't .

At delivery office level both the company and the postmen keep a track of how many packets they have and will scan anything that scans

That's how people discovered that when Book Depository items changed their barcode thy found out they will now scan .

I think tracking numbers beginning with U don't scan. I've had Royal Mail and Deutsche Post small packets that haven't had tracking at all/only tracked in Germany.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-tracking-codes-starting-UM-not-able-to-be-tracked-internationally

• Hi everyone.

How is the situation now for items coming from the US via USPS First Class?

I have a package that cost around $200 on the way, and got a variation on the usual USPS message.

"Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on August 4, 2021 at 9:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

I'd love to know how long packages are taking now.

Many thanks. This has been a very informative thread.

• According to the USPS website, the package referred to in the above post is now in San Diego. What a mess. I hope the sender will try again, as the item I bought isn't available from any other seller in the world.

• I ordered 2 cds from a US company three weeks ago August 7th 2021. The last update was processed through a Dublin Delivery Centre on Tuesday August 17th. A friend said customs is slow at the moment. Give it at least a week. I was busy the last few days so took my eye off it. The originally tracking number still says the same thing but there is also a tracking number beginning with letters LV and it states August 26th in the Jamica NY International Distribution Centre. I know this is beside JFK airport. Yesterday, August 27th it's moving within the USPS network and it is on track to be delivered to its final destination. So it's gone back the States. or as other posts have stated it never left it. Confusing! I

I presume An Post just deliver it like normal post. It should fit in the my apartments mail box. I presume if it's oversized a card would be left if I'm not in. My phone number was on the order, as was my email.

• I had ordered a t-shirt from the USA at the start if August, bought from this guy more then twice in the past with no issue. This last package came to Ireland where I assumed it would be handed to an post....but no, it went to new york from Dublin and then they processed to try deliver my mail for galway ireland to some flats in Huntington Beach califiornia on Friday....how the he'll is that even possible when it's bound for ireland, some very stupid people in this world

• I just got an update. My package sent via Chicago to Dublin two weeks ago is now at Elm Grove Post Office. I presume it will be delivered there. Totally confused. I did contact the sender who has agreed to refund or re-send. I'll give it one more day. How is this happening?

• It went back to America, delivered in Huntingdon Beach California for final delivery by agent whatever the hell that means it was sent a month ago tomorrow, seller is located in Vegas and has said he's received nothing. I've bought items from this guy before with no issue. Over a month, for a t-shirt what the actual f**k

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement