Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Edinburgh vs Ulster, Sat 5th Sept 7:35pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

David Nucifora
    Fairly straightforward victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,583 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Have to say, after he got dropped out of the squad almost altogether for Bristol last year, and his stints in France not being great, I'm absolutely delighted to see Madigan get another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Leinster could put 60 on us and it still won't wipe the smile off my face. Ulster doing just enough to keep me coming back for more, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Brilliant by Madigan. He was always gonna slot it. As good a clutch kicker as you're likely to see in any club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I remember there were Ulster fans nonplussed about Dan McFarland coming in. He's done wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,965 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bazzo wrote: »
    Go on. Say who you're talking about.

McGrath, Moore, Reidy looks like he's carrying a bit of a wide load, Mathewson, Murphy is looking doughy, Stockdale not looking as trim as he did either. Maybe it's the jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

David Nucifora
    Clegg wrote: »
    Yeah.

Stockdale looks a right heifer.

He may do but he made two excellent plays down the left wing which led to the winning penalty. A mixed bag of a performance overall but he came up strong at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fair ****s to Ulster for that comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Fair play to Ulster. By far the fitter team gong into that final quarter.
    Edinburgh a penalty machine and don't help themselves any bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Munster should take note, that’s what a plan B looks like.

Mathewson and Madigan given time to impact a game that is being lost and they turn it around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I remember there were Ulster fans nonplussed about Dan McFarland coming in. He's done wonders.

Umm, has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Buer wrote: »
    McGrath, Moore, Reidy looks like he's carrying a bit of a wide load, Mathewson, Murphy is looking doughy, Stockdale not looking as trim as he did either. Maybe it's the jerseys.

I may have been extracting the urine just a tad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭KH25

Fair play to Ulster. Great to have an all-Irish final. Delighted for Madigan too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

Love Madigan

Umm, has he?

Yep. Think of the plate of ****e Kiss left behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

We all know what happened the last time Ulster beat Embra in a SF and played Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Unreal!
    Brilliant second half performance, ballsy to back the maul after it was destroye fin the first half.
    Credit for emptying the bench too.

Edinburgh all bark and no bite when the pressure is on.
    The media will blame Willemse over here but their golden boy Kinghorn pulled out of collecting that box kick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Lyttle MOTM is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

David Nucifora
    Burkie1203 wrote: »
    We all know what happened the last time Ulster beat Embra in a SF and played Leinster.

Fairly sure that has never happened before.

Like I said...THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

• Advertisement

Thats still just the one final for Edinburgh in their pro rugby history.....

Slap in the face for Rory Lawson on comms too, he assumed from the restart it was going to extra time, completing ignoring, Ulster making inroads into the Edinburgh half.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,965 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He has done a fine job but I really wouldn't hold up the last few weeks (including tonight) as any massive endorsement of him.

Edinburgh sh*t the bed tonight and were shockingly indisciplined. Ulster were very poor for long stretches and deservedly went in to the break without a score on the board. 15 of their points came as a direct result of Edinburgh penalties.

I would imagine McFarland is delighted and relieved but wouldn't be happy with the actual performance this evening.

I'd love to hear Cockerill's thoughts after that. I'd imagine he'll be tearing strips off his players.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

David Nucifora
    The penalty from Willemse that gave Madigan the chance was horrendous. Flew out of the line into no man's land and gave away an incredibly cheap penalty. It summed up the Edinburgh performance, with better discipline they could have easily run out comfortable winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

The penalty from Ritchie that gave Madigan the chance was horrendous. Flew out of the line into no man's land.

Willemse was the player?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Was the same score and all!

The penalty from Ritchie that gave Madigan the chance was horrendous. Flew out of the line into no man's land and gave away an incredibly cheap penalty. It summed up the Edinburgh performance, with better discipline they could have easily run out comfortable winners.

That was Willemse, fine margins and all that. He was an inch away.
    Gilchrist for the Herring try was worse, he was making no effort to roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Fantastic finish, delighted for Madigan and hope Ulster bring that fight next week,
    Such a better spectacle than yesterday.

• Administrators Posts: 52,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster could put 60 on us and it still won't wipe the smile off my face. Ulster doing just enough to keep me coming back for more, love it.

Tonight means nothing if we don’t beat leinster next week.

Tired of being the bridesmaids, tired of watching leinster win everything.

I want the opportunity to be insufferable.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    He has done a fine job but I really wouldn't hold up the last few weeks, including tonight as any massive endorsement of him.

1 win out of the 3 post-lockdown games isn't really the right window of games for looking at his overall term in fairness Beur.

I've mentioned this in the reply to former former but think of all the ill-will and frustration after the Kiss tenure. He basically left scorched Earth and it took a very shrewd and ruthless man to pick up the pieces.

Now Ulster are in bonus territory in both Europe and domestically after 2 years of solid coaching.

Advertisement