Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Abandoned house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 masterluke3

TERRIBLE IDEA THIS WILL BE MY FINAL WARNING TO ALL STAY AWAY

Your scary warnings would be taken a lot more seriously if you gave some kind of reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Your scary warnings would be taken a lot more seriously if you gave some kind of reason

Oh, I don't know... I'm already having second thoughts about the planned excursion on Friday 13th. Might bring TWO chainsaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Oh, I don't know... I'm already having second thoughts about the planned excursion on Friday 13th. Might bring TWO chainsaws.

Just make sure you don't get too close and remember to wear your mask ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

And don't eat anything past midnight, until the sun rises

listermint wrote: »
    Its an abandoned house obviously left ideal for a few decades built poorly on an exposed peninsula. Its not loftus hall btw.

Id say there is nothing more significant than a small family perhaps a dispute and perhaps a breakdown in relationship and no heirs to take it or the land.

Well I'd say you haven't a clue what youre talking about.
    I wont be putting other peoples business online.Enniscorty clearly knows about it too.
    Nothing good has ever come to anyone that has been inside that house or asked questions about it,dont even look at it if your passing .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

lots of houses in wexford are empty as the owners live in other countries no repairs for last 20 years they get a lot of breaking and will be vandilized if buying your better knocking down as water will be leaking in for 20 years its hard to find the owners as they don't have post address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

TERRIBLE IDEA THIS WILL BE MY FINAL WARNING TO ALL STAY AWAY

LOL, you squatting in it or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ioni 1985

Hi, does anyone know the story behind the abandoned house up the road from Loftus Hall, in Templetown?

https://singersongblog.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/hook-head-scenes-1886.jpg?w=690
    Abandoned. There's someone sitting in the window in the pic provided:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

I wont be putting other peoples business online.Enniscorty clearly knows about it too.
    Nothing good has ever come to anyone that has been inside that house or asked questions about it,dont even look at it if your passing .

NOW YOU SAID IT MATE SPOT ON

Ioni 1985 wrote: »

The milkman...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It ain't the ghost that will get you, it will be the black mould.... Am I still allowed to say black mould?

It ain't the ghost that will get you, it will be the black mould.... Am I still allowed to say black mould?

That would be mould of color.

Damn, there's mould in it :eek:. Ah here! Are you trying to put me off?

Ok, hockey mask ? Check.
    Two chainsaws? Check.
    Rubber Gloves? Check.
    HazMat Suit?........ hmmm, have to look in my own attic, see if Ruprecht is still using it.

Any more gear needed and I'll have to forget about using the e-scooter to get there.

Ok, hockey mask ? Check.
    Two chainsaws? Check.
    Rubber Gloves? Check.
    HazMat Suit?........ hmmm, have to look in my own attic, see if Ruprecht is still using it.

Any more gear needed and I'll have to forget about using the e-scooter to get there.

Tnt or at the very least some matches and accelerant

Tnt or at the very least some matches and accelerant

that's a bit drastic, I might decide to squat there for a while (as in take up residence, not eh, you know.. squat).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

ParkRunner wrote: »
    What caught my attention driving past it recently is the door on the first floor that goes nowhere, apart from straight down to the ground for anyone who went through it

There originally was (or should have been) a balcony at the front of the house, the two doors would have led onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

It is a very lonesome looking house.

My take on it is it was built as a marital home for a young couple in the 80s and they had hopes of having a large family.

For whatever reason or other the marriage hit the rocks and this was before divorce was legal and the man and his wife went their separate ways leaving the house vacant

Sorolla wrote: »
    For whatever reason or other the marriage hit the rocks

The Milkman..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Maybe it wasn't the milkman .......:eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Ok, hockey mask ? Check.
    Two chainsaws? Check.
    Rubber Gloves? Check.

I'll give you a few small Oak Stakes, they might come in handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,572 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well it only takes two spoofers to start a rumour I suppose.

One of them who doesn't know how to turn the caps lock off.

Don't even look at it? I've been looking at the place for the best part of ten years ..... nonsense!

Don't even look at it? I've been looking at the place for the best part of ten years ..... nonsense!

BEWARE OF THE LOSS OF THE LIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 33,572 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I suppose we are heading into autumn now . Dst and all that.

Good idea.

I suppose we are heading into autumn now . Dst and all that.

Good idea.

But won't that add to the atmosphere?

Anyway, you guys sound like you must know more about this place. What's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

But won't that add to the atmosphere?

Anyway, you guys sound like you must know more about this place. What's the story?

Don't even ask, don't even think of asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭obi604

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Don't even ask, don't even think of asking!

yawn :rolleyes::cool:

Redrum suicide house .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Don't take your shoes off walking in there, za lottta spilt milk in that there house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Ioni 1985 wrote: »
    that's a goast

• Advertisement

I HATE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO

YOU WERE WARNED

WAIT WE SEE WHAT HAPPENS NOW

Advertisement