Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Munster vs CONNACHT match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

We need him says Toland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's awful from Munster. Route 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

A lot of Munster off feet for me which were being penalised are no longer being. V inconsistent .

I thought you had to stay on your feet

And supporting your weight

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,529 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Was that John Ryan doing a "beast"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭StevenToast

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Was that John Ryan doing a "beast"?

It was Cloete

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's not often you see a rugby side being a one man team, but with Aki and Connacht that's really the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,487 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Without Bundee Connach really would be just awful

• Subscribers Posts: 40,529 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It was Cloete

Highly impressive strength

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Nice try.
    Earls did really well to catch Aki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Liam Toland is comfortably the biggest bellend on commentary in any sport...

He even looks like a literal bellend

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

People are aware you can mute the commentary.
    I do it for about half the games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

VANG1 wrote: »
    Who will get man of the match?
    Frank Murphy for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Without Bundee Connach really would be just awful

You know this is a scratch team with a back row with two debutants, a centre combination that never played together, a back three with one academy player, and one guy not on full contract coming back from long term injury yeah? With two sendings off and losing their fullback and most experienced player early on to injury.

In a game against a close to full strength Munster team looking to secure qualification for semi finals.

I would be more worried about Munster’s one dimensional play if I were you. Based on today Leinster will beat them by 20 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Think Munster's passing has been much better in this second half, nice quick offloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Have only watched the last 5 minutes and seen 4 unforced penalties and a knock on. Think I'll delete the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭testtech05

Buer wrote: »
    Have only watched the last 5 minutes and seen 4 unforced penalties and a knock on. Think I'll delete the recording.

I think that's a good decision!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,487 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ClanofLams wrote: »
    You know this is a scratch team with a back row with two debutants, a centre combination that never played together, a back three with one academy player, and one guy not on full contract coming back from long term injury yeah? With two sendings off and losing their fullback and most experienced player early on to injury.

In a game against a close to full strength Munster team looking to secure qualification for semi finals.

I would be more worried about Munster’s one dimensional play if I were you. Based on today Leinster will beat them by 20 next week.

Clearly Munster will need to improve next week, but if Munster play anything like last week they'll make a game of it.

Munster have been piss poor here, had 2 yellows, and have still put 50 on the board,

without Bundee connacht havent had a lot today, of course discipline hasnt helped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think Beirne got MoM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭shootermacg

ClanofLams wrote: »

Munster not really wanting to show any strike plays, job done, pointless doing anything but running the clock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Munster not really wanting to show any strike plays, job done, pointless doing anything but running the clock down.

Those strike plays are a bit like the moves Joe Schmidt was holding back for World Cup. Often referenced, never seen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

They conceded so many penalties trying to stop 13 men scoring before half time that they had two men sin binned. I'd be worried about that if I was a Munster fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't think anyone can take anything from that game. It was a shambles. It'll do Munster no good ahead of playing Leinster next week anyway. Connacht might actually take more from it in the end if it helps their discipline ahead of the new season.

Frank Murphy will have a sore throat tonight from blowing his whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

35 penalties according to ESPN

I think Leinster will be slight favourites, a semifinal is always close. They will be well rested and be much better at the breakdown and line out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Clearly Munster will need to improve next week, but if Munster play anything like last week they'll make a game of it.

Munster have been piss poor here, had 2 yellows, and have still put 50 on the board,

without Bundee connacht havent had a lot today, of course discipline hasnt helped
    Munster did have 2 yellows but were playing against 13 from the 35th minute. Bundee was excellent but that Munster were so poor is not a good sign for next week
    Well theyd have been better off trying to play rugby then what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Shame about the 5 day turnaround for Munster and the 2 week turnaround the majority of the starting Leinster...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Weird game. Thought Munster were quite good in the first 20 mins or so. Connacht with some very soft penalties even before the 2 reds. Didn't think it was a particularly dirty or cynical game, but the penalty count and especially the red cards decided it. It was a bit of a mess from there on out.

Job done tho with no injuries. That's what we wanted, move onto next week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭mun1

Job done . pretty handy training run in the end .
    Not great preparation for next week though and couldn’t get over the 50 point mark, which should have been the target based on the team they put out.

pity Connaught could make a game of it, second red settled the contest.
    No injuries hopefully , Roll on next week where a much tougher challenge awaits.
    Ireland should make sure aki gets a decent rest for a bit.

Advertisement