Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Eoin Gibbons golf lessons

• 22-08-2020 4:37pm

Does anyone have ant experience with Eoin? Saw some positive reviews but wouldn't mind hearing others experiences!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ rooney30

Had a few lessons from him a few years ago . He’s on the wrong side of Dublin for me now though . He is very good and does take a genuine interest . , likes to see real progress being made over the course of a few lessons rather than someone looking for a quick fix in just one lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 mike12

rooney30 wrote: »
    Had a few lessons from him a few years ago . He’s on the wrong side of Dublin for me now though . He is very good and does take a genuine interest . , likes to see real progress being made over the course of a few lessons rather than someone looking for a quick fix in just one lesson

Plus 1 on that, really good coach

rooney30 wrote: »

Thanks, that's what I'm after! I saw he uses Trackman and Bodytrak etc so looks to have a pretty high tech setup

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ swededmonkey

He's big into his numbers but I'd highly recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭ willabur

I'm playing off 10.7, I feel my handicap will drop by another shot or two but after that I will need help if I want to get lower still.

had a session with him last night, going to call it a session because it certainly wasn't a lesson

He got me to hit 15 or so 7 irons then proceeded to pick my swing apart, it was fairly brutal to be honest. Never had a lesson before so my swing is home made. He said he would need to change absolutely everything and that I would need to dedicate 4 or 5 months to the process if I wanted to get any better at golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ cjfitz

Eoin seems like a very decent guy and I don’t think he’d waste anybody’s time. I got a couple of video sessions with him in the first lockdown and they def did help, but my setup was already decent. I found his instructions clear and he was very approachable.

Changing aspects of your swing can be very tough and it can be a long road.

If you aren’t prepared to go down Eoin’s route maybe something like Adam Young’s Strike Plan might be worth a go. His plans are more skill based than technique.

Advertisement