Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lions Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I wasn't trying to create a false equivalence, my point is that this stuff has been escalating for a long time and unions have been involved in it too. It's that slow drip, drip that's paved the way for what Erasmus produced the other day.

So I'm not interested in hearing from other unions on this. World Rugby needs to step in and put a stop to it with meaningful sanctions. I'd like to see them make unions, coaches and players pay fines, but not to WR, invest the money in referees and in referee training. So every time someone has a lash at referees, refereeing benefits.

Probably wishful thinking on my part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Speaking of 2009, any comment om Burger staying on the field after the most blatant eye gouge in the history of eye gouges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Sore losers. I well remember white South Africans I met back in the 80s moaning that the world misunderstood them - apartheid was part of their culture - and we would feel the same if we only understood Africans better.

This stinks of the same old ‘poor us’ mentality. Lose a match and blame everyone but themselves.

Delighted the Lions beat them. Worried that their violent tendencies are going to emerge in the next test.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭boetstark

Of course, and all those things that we were afraid would happen with black majority rule never happened.

Either way this is a rugby forum not politics. Still think lions got all the borderline decisions and Rassie was entitled to highlight this

Any mention of your loose forward that stayed on the pitch after connecting with Jacque Fouries eye when running past him.

What about squeaky o Driscoll and his tackle on Danie Rossouw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

This is absolutely brilliant from BOD. He gets it. This is a chess game. And he responds with a chess move. Calmly dismantle the opponent's opening gambit, and pile the pressure back on them:

“I don’t get it at all. He’s the World Cup-winning coach. He’s better than that,” O’Driscoll said.

“The problem is if they lose again… there’s only so many goes you have at taking the flak yourself. In South Africa, they’ll forget past victories quickly if you lose a series 2-0 or 3-0.

“You have to be careful if your tack is doing the Jose Mourinho thing of you being the sound-bite or the story, rather than your players’ lack of performance.”

No, he’s absolutely not. There is respect for referees in rugby which is proper. No one wants to witness the unedifying abuse referees get in professional soccer.

Erasmus can prove that SA are the better team by winning the next match. It’s that simple.

Whinging about referees is pathetic. No class.

No thanks

Difference between respect and just taking things lying down. We were screwed by Bryce Lawrence in 2011 and never again.

If the ref missed a few incidents but it was a list

Whinging is not a good look.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i hope Ben o keeffe is EXTREMELY pedantic this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Agree with the slow drip leading to this (including players, coaches, media, bloggers, forums etc) but I strongly disagree that the Australian Union shouldn't have the right to speak about a damn breaking because they were part of the drip in the past. The Australian Union is perfectly entitled to defend their referee, I'd expect and hope the IRFU to do the same for one of theirs if they faced the sustained abuse campaign that Erasmus has carried out this week.

Agree with you on the punishment to put a stop to it with meaningful sanctions. Erasmus should get fined, banned, and also get the Tom Youngs punishment of having to do a ref course and ref games. If I had my way they'd add on to it that the games are released to the media and Berry gets to put together an hour long assessment of his performance.

Rassie is simply throwing his toys out of the pram because he lost and can't take it. The man is showing how two faced he is - pretending to be a good sport and then spending a week attacking a defenseless referee. He is a man who has for years pushed the rules well beyond their spirit and now whines when a few calls goes against him.

There would at least be some credibility to his claims and the defense put up by some posters if Rassie showed refereeing inconsistencies that benefited both sides, however the man doesn't give a toss about the the quality of refereeing, he simply cares that a few decisions didn't go his way and is now throwing a tantrum about it.

If that's the depths you believe you need to go to to win a game it doesn't show any confidence in your team. Just incredibly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭theVersatile

As much as Rassies craic has been unethical, there's something slightly strange about people responding to his claims that the refereeing decisions didn't go their way by hoping more refereeing decisions to against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I don't think such people (eg myself) are being entirely serious.

What's pathetic is expecting SARU Director of rugby to highlight decisions that did not go the way of the Lions.

Rassie has more courage and integrity in his little finger than everybody here combined.

I don't suppose you wish to comment on his serious illness during 2019 that he didn't mention. Because he is not a pathetic whinger.

I hope we crush you guys into the ground tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The one thing Erasmus does not have is integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Good to see Conor back in the team. He's definitely probably Ireland's best ever scrumhalf. He'll be looking to use his kicking game to good effect tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Being sick doesn't make a person good or bad, not sure what point you're trying to make.

A man who actually had 'courage and integrity' wouldn't feign to be a gracious loser and then spend the next week throwing tantrums and attacking a defenseless ref.

I can't believe anyone is so naive to buy into the tripe that Rassie is putting out, that he is somehow doing this out of principle and for the good of rugby - that he is some kind of ridiculous martyr. The man is doing this because his team lost after completely crumbling last week, being out muscled, being our thought, with every tactical decision made by the coaching team making things worse, and showing themselves to have no plan B.

SA might win tomorrow but Rassie will still have lost the respect of a lot of people - maybe that is worth it for him but all that does is say more about the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

You could take any game and find little bits and pieces that should have been called rassie was extremely pedantic in a lot of those calls. It's pathetic and warren could easily have made a comparable list

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We all know who this bok is. Why is anyone taking him seriously!?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Rassie is a BigBok. You'd think he would have thicker skin.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Did someone say BigKok?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Really don't care, as long as we give you guys the hiding you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Yeah, to be fair after this week I wouldn't be that surprised if he was!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

15 seconds first ruck collapsing on the ruck and then coming back to feet

51 seconds ahead of the kicker called incorrectly

1.51 collapsing on the ruck

2.45 am does not wrap his left arm at all shoulder charge

2.53 forward pass 

2.59 collapsing on the ruck

That's the first 3 mins

I every little thing was called in rugby it'd be stop start like american football slow motion and high def is the worst thing to happen to the sport

Advertisement