Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limousin Herd Dispersals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

RobinBanks wrote: »
    It’s hardly an online sale??

I doubt it. Ardee mart wouldn't be very high tech

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

[PHP][/PHP]
    RobinBanks wrote: »
    It’s hardly an online sale??

Doesn't seem to be.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Prices now up on Twitter. Not bad by the look of things.
    Anyone go?

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Prices now up on Twitter. Not bad by the look of things.
    Anyone go?

Any link to prices? I was hoping to go as that man bred our bull although we didn’t buy him directly off him. End up had to stay at home to calve a monster shorthorn calf

Anyone going to the Millburn / Royal County sale tomorrow in Elphin mart.
    What exactly is the procedure for tomorrow? From the Limousin website it all seems to be about bidding online. Can you just go and bid ringside? Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Anyone going to the Millburn / Royal County sale tomorrow in Elphin mart.
    What exactly is the procedure for tomorrow? From the Limousin website it all seems to be about bidding online. Can you just go and bid ringside? Anyone know?

I'd say ringside numbers are limited, either by pre registering or first come first served

It's a shame. You can't buy these type of animals without seeing in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

It's a shame. You can't buy these type of animals without seeing in the flesh.

Think there was viewing today from like 2 till 7

There is 5 commercial animals and he got damn near as many calls for them as he did for pedigrees ahha

Anyone watching. Complete madness. €7 and €8k no bother.

• Advertisement

Some retirement gift, top class stock tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭tanko

Where can you watch this sale?

tanko wrote: »
    Where can you watch this sale?

martbids.ie

then Elphin Ring 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

word on the grapevine you bought lot31 and lot 31a.

sound man pat, always reckoned you were a man with money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭tanko

I was trying to watch the local mart sale online on Tuesday and realized that i turned on the bidding option.
    There was a heifer sold for €1300, i was getting worried that i was going to get a phone call from the mart telling me that i’d bought her.
    Imagine watching today and accidentally bidding away and getting a call that you had bought a cow for €18,000

orm0nd wrote: »
    word on the grapevine you bought lot31 and lot 31a.

sound man pat, always reckoned you were a man with money

Shur, I was clicking like mad and kept getting 'Access for bidding has been denied'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Anyone know what lot 20 went? I think it was a heifer

Anyone know what lot 20 went? I think it was a heifer

She only made €17,000. All the prices and videos are up on the Limousin Twitter.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1299710196630130690

Not even a year old. This heifer for €20,000.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1299725309198110720

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Not even a year old. This heifer for €20,000.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1299725309198110720

500 quid for a blink holy Lord

• Advertisement

Prices and pictures up on Facebook too;

https://www.facebook.com/Millburn-Limousins-100752301268846

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Was following along to it on Twitter and looked at the catalogue beforehand, good breeding in that Millburn herd but 20K for a young heifer seems outrageous to me, was she that exceptional?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was following along to it on Twitter and looked at the catalogue beforehand, good breeding in that Millburn herd but 20K for a young heifer seems outrageous to me, was she that exceptional?

Well she obviously must be a nervous Limo if she needed another heifer in the ring with her.....would’nt be seeing that as a plus point especially at that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Bought a few straw's online. The animals looked to be exceptional. Really top drawer stock. So you can imagine how good his best were. Years of breeding. I picked up a few old straw's,
    TON, Litron. Easy calving, maternal bull.
    BHY, Barnhill Harry, born in 1992. He's the milbourn herds foundation cow Lola's sire.
    MUC, Mas du clo.
    He sold up because he isn't getting any younger and son has a good job etc. No point in putting himself under too much pressure. The big Laois herd that's getting out is going to dairy.

Most of the young heifers her age went in two's I think? She was some heifer in fairness.

Bought a few straw's online. The animals looked to be exceptional. Really top drawer stock. So you can imagine how good his best were. Years of breeding. I picked up a few old straw's,
    TON, Litron. Easy calving, maternal bull.
    BHY, Barnhill Harry, born in 1992. He's the milbourn herds foundation cow Lola's sire.
    MUC, Mas du clo.
    He sold up because he isn't getting any younger and son has a good job etc. No point in putting himself under too much pressure. The big Laois herd that's getting out is going to dairy.

The Limousin society still have MUC straws. At least they had on the last newsletter, May 2019.

Her twin heifer made €5k. Maybe the better one got more milk. :D

The Limousin society still have MUC straws. At least they had on the last newsletter, May 2019.

Not any more unfortunately. He's the type of bull lads love or hate. I like the power he breed's if he's put to a raw milky cow. I bought a good few bavardage a few years ago for 70 I think. I see some made 200/250 Saturday.

Her twin heifer made €5k. Maybe the better one got more milk. :D

😂 Saw that, she'd be value at that to flush and sell embryos for a thousand a pop.

• Advertisement

�� Saw that, she'd be value at that to flush and sell embryos for a thousand a pop.

How does the whole embryo thing work? If the pregnancy doesn't hold, are you down a €1,000 ?

Advertisement