Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solarman for Solis inverter

• 17-08-2020 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Finally got my PV installed today.

There are so many different versions of solarman app for google.

My install is a dual string but the version I got working only shows current total production.

Does any one have a version that shows each string as per the panel front. Or what version are you on.

I tried setting up the plant online but there is a few settings that I am unsure about.

My setup is a basic PV dual string (no battery) or CT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lightson

Did you have any joy I getting solis inverter instal in couple weeks interested in how to set up monitoring. I phoned solos and the data loggers don't store any data just send it. the inverter does store total production.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

solarman (mostly white icon) (current version 1.6.6) appears to Work but the plant takes nearly a day before it shows up all the info. The Summary page is sparse of any real live info. But if you click on the inverter you get far more detail. String voltage, Current, Temp Etc

Mine ran today at 45 degC which I though of a tad warm as they begin to derate over 40Dec C

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lightson

is it in a hot room/attic?

this link says de rates after 45oc external air temp.

https://usservice.ginlong.com/support/solutions/articles/36000074739-inverter-temperature-de-rating

was going to put in attic so that has been a concern

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

Yes in the attic. Since the panels went up the Attic no no longer gets very hot. Before my cold tank would warm up enough that my pumped shower would need to be turned down to medium on very sunny good weather days. That is no longer the case. But the inverter is hitting the magic 45dec C.

I am hoping that as I have 3kwp inverter but only have 2.5KWp panels that I have a margin in the derating. The installers have said they have never had an issue with attic temps and production values.

Advertisement