Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Covid-19 likely to be man made

1535455565759»

Comments

• Apologies, I stand corrected, I confused you saying 'I blame the CCP' with 'I blame China'.

Although, if you consider the context - assigning political blame first, and then trying to construct a pseudo-scientific narrative to validate the claim - it makes absolutely no difference.

I laughed at this, do you even know who you're replying to? Or do you think me and the geospatial poster are actually the one and the same person?

• I don't know to whom that rant is directed at, but I know the DNA kit mentioned is relevant simply because a) it was literally cited in a prestigious journal as being used and b) I thought the reverse transcriptase aspect of such a cloning protocol would be obvious to informed commentary. It seems like you don't actually have a clue about microbiology though.

Do you believe Covid 19 has been tampered with/modified/created by humans or it's zoonotic?

• Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Do you believe Covid 19 has been tampered with/modified/created by humans or it's zoonotic?
    Asking for someone's beliefs? Why? What has that to do with the points I raised?

• Asking for someone's beliefs? Why? What has that to do with the points I raised?

You seem to have some experience in a related field so I am simply asking. Do you have an opinion?

• do you even know who you're replying to?

Yes. Some random person on the Internet.

• Advertisement

• Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You seem to have some experience in a related field so I am simply asking. Do you have an opinion?
    The best way to give a succinct answer is: I'd generally support the views and opinions of Alina Chan (Broad Institute researcher). I would certainly not call e.g. an accidental human-related release a conspiracy theory for instance. Whether the virus was "created" by man, is a separate but possibly related question, and there is a lack of information to conclusively make a call based on science.

• Yes. Some random person on the Internet.
    So you reply to someone about the points somebody else made, and infer criticism of the CCP is an attack on China. Right.

• In case anyone wanted to have more scientific literature covering the construction of chimeric viruses, here's a JoV paper from 2002 where seamless techniques were used to create a mouse hepatitis virus strain. I note that an author of this paper is Ralph Baric, the same collaborator named with Shi Zhengli in various prestigious journals on sarbecovirus gain-of-function research:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12368349/

Anyone claiming that a "manufactured" virus inherently shows give-away clues in its sequence is peddling a demonstrable falsehood.

Advertisement