Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 month old sleep regression?

• 08-08-2020 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi

Any advise for separation anxiety in a 17 month old? I am at home with her 24/7 since covid started...i can't leave her in one room this past week to even go to the toilet without her screaming and crying til I come back..she is never left alone always some family with her. Nap and bedtime have become hour long battles..now I just stay with her as I cant bear her been hysterical...what has happened my happy go lucky little girl? She used to be popped into her cot for sleep and off she would go and when she would wake she could sit in cot chatting away to herself now the second she wakes up its mammy mammy mammy til I go get her. I'm currently in early pregnancy and really struggling with this. Any ideas how to get her to settle on cot alone again? Any advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

The leap of doom! It’s the last leap on the wonder weeks app and it’s a killer!

Personally I think it’s all about survival through these leaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Random2016

bee06 wrote: »
    The leap of doom! It’s the last leap on the wonder weeks app and it’s a killer!

Personally I think it’s all about survival through these leaps.

Thanks...have you been through one do they get over it quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I can’t remember to be honest. He’s 2.5 now and I’ve had another baby in the meantime so between the baby brain and the lack of sleep it seems like a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Minier81

Oh that sounds tough. Remember all the regressions are a phase and it will get better. They last a few weeks but can feel like forever. I always just did whatever we needed to to get through it, in my case extra boobs but whatever works for you. The clinginess will pass, don't worry about extra cuddles or bad habits.

Advertisement