Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020: Round 5 - 70th Anniversary (Silverstone II)

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Dan Ticktum is such an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Faugheen wrote: »
    Dan Ticktum is such an idiot.

I can't understand why he is still competing at this level. Other guys have ruined their careers in the past for much less than he did, he got off lightly and yet he clearly hasn't learnt anything.

Heck, people doing jobs not nearly as demanding and risky as motorsport, have one single/genuine/silly mistake brandished at them like a sword for years.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Same its mad odds but don't think I'd have been brave enough considering he only slightly improved in practice pace this weekend (open to correction on that) and he wasn't great in qualifying last weekend

Hopefully Stroll's struggles in the race last weekend were Strolls struggles and not Racing Point's struggles

Decided to take the gamble I also had verstappen at 9/1 EW for pole, to hedge my bets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Seems like crashing in other people, can be inherited from the father. #f2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Mick Schumacher usually knows every inch of his car, but it's a shame he didn't know his teammates car size!! That'll be a learning for him.

Delighted to see Tsunoda get a win. Red Bull will be paying attention but he's a little down the standings at the moment to get Superlicense qualifications.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Do we see a start like last weekend except Lewis gets it done at the first corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Do we see a start like last weekend except Lewis gets it done at the first corner?

Wouldn't mind seeing him getting done in the first corner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hoping Danny will get on the podium today.

Terrible rendition of the anthem, but sure he looked the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The difference between Lewis' press conferences when he's top and not is notable. Not the best of losers. Almost said nothing in yesterday's post-quali conference. Hopefully Valtteri keeps position on the first corner and holds Lewis off. Would love to see Valtteri win and keep Lewis quiet again.

Of more interest may be Verstappen on the hards versus The Hülk. Strategies should be interesting today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Odds on Hulkenberg getting a dnf, has rotten luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Nice piece with Captain Tom Moore.

Mad to think that he was in his 30's when F1 started 70 years ago and he is still watching it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Verstappen starting on the hards gives him the advantage on strategy, combined with the strong race pace of the Red Bull I expect him to squash and chances of a Hulk podium. The race pace hasn't been great in the Racing Point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Lol Vettal

Worse to even worse for Vettel. Spin for him

I do wonder if Vet is ****ing with Ferrari.

P1ssed off after getting the boot, likely retiring at the end of season, is he out to mess with their constructors points?

We waited a while for the replay, but some great replays there of the Vettel incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Bottas now out of DRS range

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Bottas now out of DRS range
    Likely team orders with Max nearly 4 seconds behind now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Vittel now fighting with Russell.

Says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

If Hulk can stay where he is it'll be a great result, in the top 5 and ahead of his teammate.

afatbollix wrote: »
    Vittel now fighting with Russell.

Says it all really.

And didn't manage to pass him on track either, Russell pits and Vettel inherits the position

Mad Max gonna have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hamiltons tyres are ****ed

I hope Lewis can't see those rears of his, you'd be ****ting yourself

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is it just me or is the camera director really bad? Random camera shots of cars when there's battles going on elsewhere

Hamilton’s tyres look nasty

Bloody hell Albon

I’m a big fan of the halo graphics, I must say.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    I’m a big fan of the halo graphics, I must say.

They certainly made the best of it.

Advertisement