Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a business

Options
  • 02-08-2020 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭

Where would one go to report a business for over crowding?

Comments

Back behind the safety of their own curtains

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Back behind the safety of their own curtains

?? Our village has done well keeping the virus out. One pub ups and is over crowed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gardai and HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

I’ve seen staff members in a local shop return from a trip to Poland and return to work within days. Seems unfair on the staff that have to work in close contact with her.
    I wouldn’t normally report things but surely this isn’t allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

helpful wrote: »
    I’ve seen staff members in a local shop return from a trip to Poland and return to work within days. Seems unfair on the staff that have to work in close contact with her.
    It's just discouraged rather than illegal, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Do you not think it might be upto the staff affected to report any concerns?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'd say Poland will be on the green list (along with most European countries) come Tuesday given our own uptick in cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

There actually isn't a hope to beat covid19 with the amount of idiots around.
    The Savoy Hotel in Limerick invited that social media one Lisa Mc Gowan down to the hotel for a 2 night free loader weekend I assume in return for some good publicity and there she was at breakfast this morning throwing her arm around strangers and pushing her mug right up next to them zero social distancing but shur what she care she'd already wrangled her freebie.
    Very surprised that The Savoy left her unchecked to put their staff and the public at risk for that wannabe to get her social media attention. If that's the kind of publicity that they want it's not saying much!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Do you not think it might be upto the staff affected to report any concerns?

Young staff and crazy management that I know for a fact they’re afraid to speak up to. What about the customers she is serving in the shop? Is it fair on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say Poland will be on the green list (along with most European countries) come Tuesday given our own uptick in cases.

Not sure if that's satire or not. God help us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Not sure if that's satire or not. God help us all.
    :confused: Poland has around 650 cases/day at the moment. Accounting for the population difference, that's around 83 cases per day here. They're not so much worse off than us that the statement you're calling satire seems any more than slightly hyperbolic.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I was in a cafe in town yesterday. Pre covid was cramped with tables anyway, but nothing has changed except tape down but not 2m between. I'll be reporting them as it was packed with no social distancing or anything and a disaster waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do you know it was overcrowded OP?
    But do speak to the manager, they are really the first point of contact. Quickest and easiest resolution.

Or try the HSA.
    Or a tweet/facebook post.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

i was in a certain local shop the place had about 12 people in it despite a sign saying no more then 8 at a time in store. No handwash , nothing of a sanitary nature to wipe down basket handles. I decided to continue to do my shop but then when i heard someone cough at the meat counter i was like ok no thanks Im outta here ! Weird thing is no-one really reacted I couldnt see who actually coughed but I immediatly turned and walked out. No one had masks on not even staff so It will be the last time i go there. Vote with your feet I guess too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Report them OP. It's up to everyone to play their part.

biko wrote: »
    How do you know it was overcrowded OP?
    But do speak to the manager, they are really the first point of contact. Quickest and easiest resolution.

Or try the HSA.
    Or a tweet/facebook post.
    It is one of my local pubs. I walked pass it going to the chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Glenomra

So you counted them through the window as you passed. Hilarious....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

i was in a certain local shop the place had about 12 people in it despite a sign saying no more then 8 at a time in store. No handwash , nothing of a sanitary nature to wipe down basket handles. I decided to continue to do my shop but then when i heard someone cough at the meat counter i was like ok no thanks Im outta here ! Weird thing is no-one really reacted I couldnt see who actually coughed but I immediatly turned and walked out. No one had masks on not even staff so It will be the last time i go there. Vote with your feet I guess too

I would have been out before the coughing if there was no sanitiser or masks being worn. And a quick mention to the manger on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The cops are out in force big time this weekend visiting establishments

Let them do their job

No need for ratting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Let them do their job

No need for ratting

Oh give over. Reporting blatant breaking of regulations is not 'ratting'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭HBC08

Let them do their job

No need for ratting

"ratting"
    Ffs are you 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

HBC08 wrote: »
    "ratting"
    Ffs are you 12?

Snitches get stitches

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Local Gardai?

We only have one. Part time in the village.

Glenomra wrote: »

It's a very small pub. I don't need to count to know what my eyes seen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would you not just let them be, if it's a little village it's hardly going to spread covid across the island.
    I'm fully convinced this pandemic is turning normally sain people into the gestapo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

rob316 wrote: »
    Snitches get stitches

I assume you're saying that to take the piss ,
    Ring the local garda, he'll have a word with the publican, who will then up his game .. a lot ....
    Probably the simplest fix ... Similar with a local shop , ring the hse , they'll send a health inspector out , and the shop will sort their act out before it goes any further ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Glenomra wrote: »

Not really hilarious for a family member and friend of mine...Both with cancer, both of which have primary & secondary lung cancer...Literally only seen my friend once throughout this whole thing, due to travel restrictions initially and my misses still in work...

I have pretty much canceled the few plans i had after being in Doolin this weekend as the place was crawling with yanks & brits, and little to no social distancing...

I have a feeling the morons will be fine and it will be the folks trying their best to abide by the rules who will likely suffer most

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭HBC08

rob316 wrote: »
    Snitches get stitches

Where do you think you are? San Quinton

• Advertisement

Would you not just let them be, if it's a little village it's hardly going to spread covid across the island.
    I'm fully convinced this pandemic is turning normally sain people into the gestapo.

Their is already a two pubs open doing pub food.

This other one you have to order a pizza from Centra to get into the pub.

Advertisement