Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsies Decide TV Show that was One Season One Hit Wonder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No limit on the amount so send in the 50 ;):D

Maybe I Will. Maybe. I. Will. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I thought I was doing well getting to 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I have 7 so far that I've actually watched.

There are loads if you Google but I've not watched them so I don't want to nominate them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There are a couple of good ones I remember watching years ago but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    wow, 50 shows, I barely made it to 4!!!
    Zaph wrote: »
    Same, and two of them are only in because Liz said mini-series were eligible.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    I thought I was doing well getting to 8!
    Kolido wrote: »
    I have 7 so far that I've actually watched.

There are loads if you Google but I've not watched them so I don't want to nominate them

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

There are a couple of good ones I remember watching years ago but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

Do you remember what they were about? If you can tell me the general premise and era there's a fairly decent chance I'll be able to give you the title.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not going to allow anthology series (Fargo, True Detective, American Crime Story etc.,) as even though stories and cast changes in each season the name stays

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I'm not going to allow anthology series (Fargo, True Detective, American Crime Story etc.,) as even though stories and cast changes in each season the name stays

You mean my complex PM about how each season of The Wire should be considered in its own universe with just a few overarching issues that link them is now worthless :eek:

:D

Nominations in.

Went with 50 in the hopes some of you will discover some new shows (especially as they're only a one season commitment) or perhaps rediscover something you had long forgotten had existed or assumed was something you simply made up yourself in a fever dream...

giphy.gif

Do you remember what they were about? If you can tell me the general premise and era there's a fairly decent chance I'll be able to give you the title.

giphy.gif
    Well there was one US show from about 15 or 20 years ago with a group of guys and gals travelling in a van and having paranormal adventures (not Scooby Doo). They might have been a band, it was a bit like Supernatural before that show existed.
    One of the episodes they met this ghost in a swamp, maybe a little girl, she said some other ghost was keeping her there and drowning people in the swamp. They found out at the end the little girl was really the baddie who was killing people.

Sorry for the poor description, I was pretty hammered the couple of times I saw it. Any clue LB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sooo can we nominate series that have currently only one season but are expected to have a second one? ;)

Well there was one US show from about 15 or 20 years ago with a group of guys and gals travelling in a van and having paranormal adventures (not Scooby Doo). They might have been a band, it was a bit like Supernatural before that show existed.
    One of the episodes they met this ghost in a swamp, maybe a little girl, she said some other ghost was keeping her there and drowning people in the swamp. They found out at the end the little girl was really the baddie who was killing people.

Sorry for the poor description, I was pretty hammered the couple of times I saw it. Any clue LB?

Not ringing any bells unfortunately, but sounds class

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ShaneU wrote:
    Sooo can we nominate series that have currently only one season but are expected to have a second one?

Hahahahaha I've a feeling I know the one you're on about.

But Firefly is gonna walk this imo no matter what else is submitted

Sounds like Goosebumps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Necro wrote: »

Oh I've a few that might challenge it, or to make things fair, nobody nominate it :D

Not ringing any bells unfortunately, but sounds class
    What about this LB.

90s or maybe early 00s I think, US show again.
    It was an action show along the lines of the A-Team, but all the heros in it were soldiers from WWII I think who had lost their marbles.
    One scene had a guy making an impossibly long shot with a handgun from a moving speedboat, I think he had multiple personalities or something like that.
    Edit: they may have been Korea or Vietnam vets either, not too sure.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sounds like Goosebumps :D
    No that was a kids show wasn't it?
    This was very dark, and always on in the middle of the night so I usually seen it while sloshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Notmything

Necro wrote: »

Too late, but would be interesting to see how much love still exists for the show

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Notmything wrote: »
    Too late, but would be interesting to see how much love still exists for the show

I just rewatched it a few weeks ago. Still great. :)

I couldn’t find any shows at all.

There was a show on sky atlantic last year about lawyers. Two women lived with each other but one of them never took her clothes out of her suitcase. They worked in the legal aid sector of lawyers.

Then there was the others who worked in the prosecutors office. I think the head of the legal aid office was sleeping with the head of the public prosecutor office.

• Advertisement

I couldn’t find any shows at all.

There was a show on sky atlantic last year about lawyers. Two women lived with each other but one of them never took her clothes out of her suitcase. They worked in the legal aid sector of lawyers.

Then there was the others who worked in the prosecutors office. I think the head of the legal aid office was sleeping with the head of the public prosecutor office.

For The People was on Sky Witness, it had two seasons

For The People was on Sky Witness, it had two seasons

Dammit!

I’m all out of ideas so :D

Even one season reality shows are allowed

What about this LB.

90s or maybe early 00s I think, US show again.
    It was an action show along the lines of the A-Team, but all the heros in it were soldiers from WWII I think who had lost their marbles.
    One scene had a guy making an impossibly long shot with a handgun from a moving speedboat, I think he had multiple personalities or something like that.
    Edit: they may have been Korea or Vietnam vets either, not too sure.

Nope. Doesn't sound familiar either, but that type of action show in the vein of The A-Team wouldn't interest me really.

Nope. Doesn't sound familiar either, but that type of action show in the vein of The A-Team wouldn't interest me really.
    Oh well, I hope I haven't been making up tv shows while one over the eight. Like in South Park when the guys took strong cough medicine to come up with ideas. :D

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sooo can we nominate series that have currently only one season but are expected to have a second one? ;)

If so far no 2nd season announced then yes

How many shows have been nominated overall so far Liz?

Poltergeist Legacy? It had a few seasons though

Just sent ten there

edit: some of them may have a second series announced, disqualify if so.

• Advertisement

Poltergeist Legacy? It had a few seasons though
    I don't think that is it, looks quite good though.

Advertisement