Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Senior Executive Officer, Local Authority 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭crinkley

Found the verbal one sound, numerical is probably where I'll fail one of the hardest one of those I have done.

Found the management one far easier than others, it was pretty obvious and basically scenarios I have come across in my career to date

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrMistoffelees

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I didn't want to sound like I was moaning but I felt they were created for a very junior management position or by someone who hasn't worked at senior level at all.

I've just decided to forget about it now. I'll either get through or not. :D

This was my feeling too. If these reflect the scope of the positions it would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

Only 1-200 called forward...that's me gone so! I did that application form while I was on holiday. What an inordinate waste of my time this has been.

Well I honestly thought I had failed the numerical and whilst it was my worse score I managed to get through, must check out the AP thread on the video interview

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pinkmouse2020

placed 855, may forget about that till next time!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Placed 378 on OOM, so I'm out too!

Well done to anyone who is in top 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

How do you know if you are in top 200?
    I got no OOM

Sorry - ignore just see it on the first para

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Did very well in management and maths, and while I didn’t fail verbal (4200), it dragged me down completely.

380ish.

Best of luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Did very well in management and maths, and while I didn’t fail verbal (4200), it dragged me down completely.

380ish.

Best of luck everyone.

Would you think anyone outside of the top 200 won’t ever get a chance for interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GoPre

Placed in the 50's.

For reference: The counting scores were Verbal 6000 odd, Management 6600.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Redchick

Ah damn it I got placed 209!! I know I'm outside the number to be called forward for video interview but I'm happy that I scored so well on my first attempt at anything like this. Maybe I should've practiced beforehand.

Congrats to those of you who fell inside the 200.

GoPre wrote: »
    Placed in the 50's.

For reference: The counting scores were Verbal 6000 odd, Management 6600.

That's an excellent result well done
    What was your strategy for management scenarios?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Placed at 80 so delighted as it was my first time doing to this style of assessment.

Very surprised my Mgmt score was my lowest, but I did feel it was a bit Micky-Mousey!!

Well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Alittlehelp45

Hi all, I placed in the top 200 and hope to be called for interview. Does anyone know how many stages there are as I’m also at interview stage for another role and (if successful) don’t want to accept if there’s a chance I’ll be the offered the SEO role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 okk

Is there any chance of an interview if you are inside 210 but outside 200? If some people turn down interviews do they carry on down the list?

I am outside the public sector and this was my first time every attempting tests like this. They were a bit of a shock to the system - I will definitely buy some practice tests before attempting anything like this again.

Wait a sec. The only counted our verbal and management scores? Ah that’s just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Came 93rd. Did great in verbal and numerical but management let me down. I wonder will there be many positions from this campaign and is it for Co Councils??

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Wait a sec. The only counted our verbal and management scores? Ah that’s just silly.

It has been like that for a while in these type of test. Originally designed to let more women pass the numerical!!

delricyo wrote: »
    It has been like that for a while in these type of test. Originally designed to let more women pass the numerical!!

Why even bother testing numeracy in the first place? Pretty disheartening to apply for something when your strongest subject is then discarded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Anyone know how many applicants there was on total

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Why even bother testing numeracy in the first place? Pretty disheartening to apply for something when your strongest subject is then discarded.

I know how you feel. I always scored the highest in numerical when applying for EO/AO jobs back in the day. I still give it my best shot in numerical, but take the foot off the gas when doing them.

I know how you feel. I always scored the highest in numerical when applying for EO/AO jobs back in the day. I still give it my best shot in numerical, but take the foot off the gas when doing them.

I'm sorry as it's my first time doing these tests, but basically it was a waste of time doing any study for numeracy, rather double down on verbal prep.

I'm actually gutted about this. I scored high 6000 in math and management.

Originally designed to let more women pass the numerical!!

I'm sorry, but this can't be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Well that's me gone. Ha ha. North of 1000 on OOM. Disaster!! I knew doing it my head was all over the place.

Having said that I dont think I would ever make top 200 in one of these.

Oh well, time to focus on current job in private sector. Have a good position in good company so time to forget the public sector. (Euro millions tonight it is so!!)

I'm like that with Verbal. Might get some refresher training or something.

I've heard that before many times. It's a bit outdated maybe...I think it reflects the days when girls weren't pushed/encouraged as much in maths in school compared to boys, so when they grew up they weren't as numerically literate.

I'm a woman and numerical reasoning was my best score. Pity it isn't counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

Placed mid 300's here. Done well in verbal and management. Apparently they didnt take numerical into the assessing?

Strange as I got 6000+ in verbal and 4900+ in management. Must be very close after first 200 perhaps to the next 200.

Suppose chances of getting all the way down here is remote.

Congrats to those who achieved first 200 and will get the job(s).

It’s not real, whilst you need to show a decent level of numeracy, hence the need to pass the test it isn’t taken into consideration for merit as the other competencies are deemed more important for these roles. Otherwise why have accountants and economists in departments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

If you passed I wouldn’t worry too much about the number, it’s likely that the Dublin region will fill up very fast and attract no takers and then they’ll call more batches.
    That happened with the SEE’s and SEP’s in 2015-16.

Advertisement