Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: de Welsh Megamint edition (see warning, 1st post)

Options

Comments

Yes they know they work in town and they know they won’t have parking. But we’re in the middle of a pandemic and the numbers are riding again.

I work in a hospital in Dublin city centre. The reason we don’t want staff taking public transport is that the risk of catching the virus is infinitely higher when traveling on public transport than traveling alone in your own car. Why is that important? Because of the proximity of the medical working environment if a nurse or a doctor tests positive they can take out an entire department/team of medics (who have to self-isolate), or indeed multiple teams for 14days. That would be disastrous at the best of times, during a pandemic it could close the whole hospital.

One Dublin hospital (that I won’t name) had over 400 medical staff off at one stage during the pandemic. Think about that, and be glad you didn’t need to go to that hospital during that time.

The cost of the free parking isn’t the issue. I genuinely haven’t heard one of my colleagues mention the cost of parking as the issue. The issue is around safety, and keeping the system going.

I'd be interested to know, generally speaking, do the consultants have to pay for parking out of their pay packet. Haven't heard this discussed ever.

If I recall correctly, Sean O'Rourke was in NK's stable. Looking at the website I no longer see SOR. Has he been sneaked off the brochure? One less source into Noel's piggy bank unless he invites more suitable "talent" into his books.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If I recall correctly, Sean O'Rourke was in NK's stable. Looking at the website I no longer see SOR. Has he been sneaked off the brochure? One less source into Noel's piggy bank unless he invites more suitable "talent" into his books.

Sean was a staffer. That's why he had to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'd be interested to know, generally speaking, do the consultants have to pay for parking out of their pay packet. Haven't heard this discussed ever.

I can only comment for our hospital: some don’t, but the vast majority do. The ones that don’t tend to own or rent the building or clinic they work from so have parking included - I guess if they’re renting the building they are paying for the parking indirectly so to speak.

That said, you’d be surprised at how many of the male consultants of all ages that cycle - and cycle a considerable distance both ways to and from work, from as far away as Howth on DNS, to as far away as Kilmecanogue on DSS. There’s probably a few I don’t know about too.

Some of them used to take the DART, and some even took the bus, but COVID has really put paid to that as we can’t afford to lose a medic to the virus.

No, he wasn’t. Honestly! Prob. cost him a house or 6 over the duration of his time in RTÉ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Jaysus, just got really real notice for car insurance. My current Toyota is cheaper than previous Lexus, is new, has precisely same engine, with added safety feature. No insurance Covid break from AIG/An Post. For same cover I'm being charged €150 extra than last year!!!

Feel your pain. After checking around and getting ridiculous quotes and wasting time I decided to reduce the value of the car. Hadn’t done it for a couple of years. They charged me more to reduce the value!! Guy danced around the explanation finally saying that’s how it is. I gave up in exasperation.

Feel your pain. After checking around and getting ridiculous quotes and wasting time I decided to reduce the value of the car. Hadn’t done it for a couple of years. They charged me more to reduce the value!! Guy danced around the explanation finally saying that’s how it is. I gave up in exasperation.

That's all very well and good, but, wat colour is de car?

I don't know what's wrong with people on here.

I think I do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,496 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully some random gold potential topics today, it has been all too predicatable recently.

How come Big Phil doesn't have his car set up with Bluetooth? I bet it's a BMW or the like, which for yeeeeears have had this as standard. My gawd, when I drive to the gate of my underground car park in my plain Toyota I press de bitcoin on my wheel and say "Park!" and the gate opens to let me in or out.

My daughter has a BMW X5 e46 Msport. It has a concierge service where a real person answers without pressing any buttons. Bate dat. OK. I am madly jealous and it’s me own dauter. (Spelling to show I’m not a stuck up pr***, just jealous salt of de earth type. She tells me she gets great looks from young lads driving 10 year old beemers :D

• Advertisement
    M

My daughter has a BMW X5 e46 Msport. It has a concierge service where a real person answers without pressing any buttons. Bate dat. OK. I am madly jealous and it’s me own dauter. (Spelling to show I’m not a stuck up pr***, just jealous salt of de earth type. She tells me she gets great looks from young lads driving 10 year old beemers :D

De poor concierges are being put out of wurk by de modridden Alexa chatboxes, it's a disgrace Joe.

Pics or GTFO.

Of your dawter....and the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) orla and her funeral plans
    2) euro politiks, should bi phil get the heave ho
    3) crystal could not go to her da's funeral
    4) woman vists graveyard, uses phone while driving, penalty points
    5) back to school wurries
    6) covid contract, childer must wash dee handz

ffs perfect upbeat stories for a wet tuesday

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

M

T'days topics...
    Philip Hogan...Episode 7. Did he use Mizuno or Taylor Made golf clubs?
    Return to schools...Should we prepare for it as if we were putting people on the moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Clips of funeral stories from yesterday

Ursula has given big Phil an ultimatum.

Another funeral story

Phil hogan on phone. woman going to funeral got penalty points.

Schools. Kids bringing virus home.

Gov playing Russian roulette with kids.

If someone dies, who's responsible?

8year olds in India listening to RTE. Well fancy dat.

Won't be in attendance today callers so maybe ye will get GOLD and dat. Here's wat Katie did say will be coming up on the show but F*ck knows wit dis show:

COVID losses contrasted with Big Phil "F*ck All Y'all" Hogan. De man is so out of touch wit de common man he should be hosting a show on RTE.

Phil has until 1pm Irish time to spin his tale to his boss in Europe.

No discretion on penalty points for de small peeple. Wat about tall peeple?

Chislers will be killin' de old peeple when day go back to skool. De Department are playin' Russian Roulette with de chislers.

Dubalin skool with rules for COVID, day must sign a contract so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

no 28 PHILS DILEMMA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Thats another 'thread only' episode for me Joe by the looks of things Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Liveline is the radio equivalent of Delhi belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,691 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Legal tender in Ballyer
    36bbvCiQ_400x400.jpg

• Advertisement

We will have to create a new thread any minute now... so final thoughts on a thread title

I can only comment for our hospital: some don’t, but the vast majority do. The ones that don’t tend to own or rent the building or clinic they work from so have parking included - I guess if they’re renting the building they are paying for the parking indirectly so to speak.

That said, you’d be surprised at how many of the male consultants of all ages that cycle - and cycle a considerable distance both ways to and from work, from as far away as Howth on DNS, to as far away as Kilmecanogue on DSS. There’s probably a few I don’t know about too.

Some of them used to take the DART, and some even took the bus, but COVID has really put paid to that as we can’t afford to lose a medic to the virus.

Yep, my cardiologist, Killinarden man, David Burke, always uses the bike. Not sure if he even owns a car. Always has his cycle gear and rucksack in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

We will have to create a new thread any minute now... so final thoughts on a thread title

Lahvline - We Don't Give a Shyt, So You Have To
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Joe is enjoying the last of the summer swimming at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Jaysis :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Jeez, that's a crime against eyesight.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

thread title

Phil Hogan - I'm Kind of a Big Deal...So to Speak

big phils bowel movements

• Registered Users Posts: 32,212 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was caught with my mobile phone while driving I should have got off.....if big phil did

• Advertisement

listen senior politicians only have to tell the guard that they will ring the commisioner, or have the guard relocated to somewhere like ballyer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement