Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: de Welsh Megamint edition (see warning, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,495 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

katie should consider doing an epilogue or sum up like jerry springer used to do

d0bdbc400f2e3a8e229a2b39d394c820.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Brenda? Who dis?
    So is she the stand in for the stand in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭urgelgru

If Swill can brazen out next couple of days he'll make it but seems like that lady president (Urs You Lah, that's it) is getting ready to push him under the bus. Bonus points if Ann is driving it.

In to Raymonds time.

Brenda O'Donoghue. Poor time keeping in the liveline studio is surely a silver lining today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

30 seconds to give out about the judge.

RTE playing it safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

dvcireland wrote: »
    katie should consider doing an epilogue or sum up like jerry springer used to do

d0bdbc400f2e3a8e229a2b39d394c820.jpg
    I can hear the music now.

Nice beaver!
    - Thanks I just had it stuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

gmisk wrote: »
    So is she the stand in for the stand in?

I'm outraged, Joe Katie

• Registered Users Posts: 54,727 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Have some empathy.

What the actual fook:mad:

I do...

But passed the stage of being in tears listening to stories of strangers’ loved ones dying from Covid...

Just thinking it's a pity Joe is off.

He hates judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Alison Spittle, jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭shearforce

Brenda Donohue and Alison Spittle

Radio firmly off

• Registered Users Posts: 38,891 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There's something creepy about anyone who thinks it's creepy.

You're just weird.
    I like you.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Odd socks and how to load a dishwasher

sligojoek wrote: »

Also, always take out the trash when the bag is full.

Homer: Huh. Makes sense (writes down some notes)

sligojoek wrote: »

Now its slow sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,076 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

worth a listen back ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Alison Spittle, jaysus.

She was on the morning show on tv3 yest.

2 20 has not been kind to her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭shearforce

2smiggy wrote: »
    worth a listen back ??

last 20mins were good stuff, a Phil Hogan fanboy was on to protect the great mans honour

2smiggy wrote: »
    worth a listen back ??

Nope.

shearforce wrote: »
    last 20mins were good stuff, a Phil Hogan fanboy was on to protect the great mans honour

And an angry bus driver for balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

NO 27 amend find PHILLO

Folks, re motor insurance... i originally got AIG insurance last year via brokerage of An Post. This year I was quoted over €750 comp+Ncb protection, even though I have exact same engine/drivetrain set-up, MORE safety features, less valuable car. Went online directlily to AIG, guess what, precisely the same cover for €428 Something very peculiar in the motor insurance world. I'm not bothering looking for other quotes as I don't believe I'll get better or at least any saving just wouldn't be worth the sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

walshb wrote: »
    It’s 6 months old now...

Time to move on!!

You'd make a mighty counsellor, missed your vocation there....

• Registered Users Posts: 54,727 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You'd make a mighty counsellor, missed your vocation there....

I reckon I would...strangers still crying tears for strangers’ Covid stories..

Get a grip, people...pull yourself together, for chrissake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Folks, re motor insurance... i originally got AIG insurance last year via brokerage of An Post. This year I was quoted over €750 comp+Ncb protection, even though I have exact same engine/drivetrain set-up, MORE safety features, less valuable car. Went online directlily to AIG, guess what, precisely the same cover for €428 Something very peculiar in the motor insurance world. I'm not bothering looking for other quotes as I don't believe I'll get better or at least any saving just wouldn't be worth the sweat.

Yes I had similar experience going direct instead of broker resulted in cheaper for actually a better policy than broker was offering. I shop around every single year and will switch even if the saving is only €20, just to annoy them and keep the market competitive so to speak :D. I sometimes think they have a roulette wheel they spin for quotes rather than a proper algorithm.

Yes I had similar experience going direct instead of broker resulted in cheaper for actually a better policy than broker was offering. I shop around every single year and will switch even if the saving is only €20, just to annoy them and keep the market competitive so to speak :D. I sometimes think they have a roulette wheel they spin for quotes rather than a proper algorithm.

I actually believe they have a cartel going. Previously going straight to (eg) AIG was more expensive than going via broker. It's another scandal that's going to eventually be fully uncovered, like a long lost plane wreck being revealed by retreating ice with climate change.

How come Big Phil doesn't have his car set up with Bluetooth? I bet it's a BMW or the like, which for yeeeeears have had this as standard. My gawd, when I drive to the gate of my underground car park in my plain Toyota I press de bitcoin on my wheel and say "Park!" and the gate opens to let me in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,891 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I actually believe they have a cartel going. Previously going straight to (eg) AIG was more expensive than going via broker. It's another scandal that's going to eventually be fully uncovered, like a long lost plane wreck being revealed by retreating ice with climate change.

Of course they do.
    How many actual motor insurance companies in Ireland - four?
    I don't normally let mine auto-renew, but this year's was so close to last year I couldn't be arsed, so just let it.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

road_high wrote: »
    Does nobody check these things out before signing their work contracts? I.e. no car parking will be facilitated. My ma works in a town and no car parking is provided either? It was no secret on starting.

Yes they know they work in town and they know they won’t have parking. But we’re in the middle of a pandemic and the numbers are riding again.

I work in a hospital in Dublin city centre. The reason we don’t want staff taking public transport is that the risk of catching the virus is infinitely higher when traveling on public transport than traveling alone in your own car. Why is that important? Because of the proximity of the medical working environment if a nurse or a doctor tests positive they can take out an entire department/team of medics (who have to self-isolate), or indeed multiple teams for 14days. That would be disastrous at the best of times, during a pandemic it could close the whole hospital.

One Dublin hospital (that I won’t name) had over 400 medical staff off at one stage during the pandemic. Think about that, and be glad you didn’t need to go to that hospital during that time.

The cost of the free parking isn’t the issue. I genuinely haven’t heard one of my colleagues mention the cost of parking as the issue. The issue is around safety, and keeping the system going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

RTÉ have confirmed Sean O Rourkes post retirement overpaid sh*t programme nixers are not going to happen which would be an appropriate response if the story wasn’t immediately followed by just how broke they are. Duffy, Darcy and Tubridy and the rest of that golden circle of underperforming and overpaid uselessness might have to accept all those amazing offers that the BBC have been trying to poach them with.

It does actually sound like RTÉ are in a serious spot of bother. Let it collapse. Sell the land. An utter sh*t heap of an organisation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement