Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 World Matchplay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

MVG 0-5 down to Whitlock, could be a shock.
    3-7 at second break.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Whitlock wins 11-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Just seen the Whitlock result :eek: I'd say it's Wright's or Anderson's tournament but the seeded players are dropping like flies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Michael Smith a good chance of winning this now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

US2 wrote: »
    Michael Smith a good chance of winning this now

That's the first thing I thought of when MvG lost. He has a huge chance now. It's all about the mentality with Smith though, he's known as a bottler and rightly so. He has a great chance to put that right now.

I don't think I have ever seen MvG be that bad on doubles before, he was awful. Whitlock played well though with a 98 average.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    That's the first thing I thought of when MvG lost. He has a huge chance now. It's all about the mentality with Smith though, he's known as a bottler and rightly so. He has a great chance to put that right now.

I don't think I have ever seen MvG be that bad on doubles before, he was awful. Whitlock played well though with a 98 average.

Smith got through two games by the skin of his teeth too which makes me think he will only improve.

Wright v Durrant could be a cracking game tonight looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Smith weight loss will help him get over the line for a major this year. He always looked self conscious, pulling and fixing his shirt on stage. He's obviously good enough, I think now he'll be more comfortable.

Gotya wrote: »
    Smith weight loss will help him get over the line for a major this year. He always looked self conscious, pulling and fixing his shirt on stage. He's obviously good enough, I think now he'll be more comfortable.

It's mostly only finals when he completely buckles. I've a feeling once he wins a big one he will follow it up with many, many more.

Yes durrant!! Massive opportunity for him now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brilliant win for Duzza. Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great performances from Glen and Aidy tonight.

Wide open tournament now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

price doesn't seem to downhearted getting knocked out going by social media

Off on his holidays

PTH2009 wrote: »
    price doesn't seem to downhearted getting knocked out going by social media

Off on his holidays

I'd say MVG , Wright, and Cross going out early softened the blow for him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'd say MVG , Wright, and Cross going out early softened the blow for him anyway.

If anything that should make it worse.
    Missed a great chance to go deep.

Them going out early doesn’t put money in his pocket.

jesus these 2 are some miserable bastards

Durrant is too

Really enjoyed that match. Great stuff. Disappointed Ratajski couldn't complete the comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Smith will win this out now

TbL

mdwexford wrote: »
    If anything that should make it worse.
    Missed a great chance to go deep.

Them going out early doesn’t put money in his pocket.

It won't do much to his rankings suppose you are right though.

Smith has learned how to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Have to fancy Anderson from here hes shifting through the gears nicely Smith lucky to still be in tournament.

• Advertisement

Smith has learned how to fight.

It's finals where he chokes. The lack of a crowd may help him though.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's finals where he chokes. The lack of a crowd may help him though.

Yeah, that's true. Promising to see his head didnt drop when ratajski was banging in those big finishes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what is the controversy over whitlocks tips? i saw this morning his post on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

peteeeed wrote: »
    what is the controversy over whitlocks tips? i saw this morning his post on twitter

They have grooves in them and are damaging the board apparently

https://twitter.com/LemonAech/status/1286637320515526657?s=19

ahhhhhh ok its a weird looking tip but unless there is a definitive rule then no one can complain

ahhhhhh ok its a weird looking tip but unless there is a definitive rule then no one can complain

More like a screw than a tip. Board looks like a bale of hay after a few legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Lewis acting like an absolute muppet on stage, roaring and screaming after hitting 140s. Delighted to see him beaten.

You could tell the commentators were gutted aswell, they seem to worship him for whatever reason.

Durrant is a bit of a miserable git when he's not winning

Vincent having a go at the officials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Vincent having a go at the officials

Yea I missed what happened, something about an early board change??

Advertisement