Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online physcology course

• 11-07-2020 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does anyone have experience or recommend a general phycology online course. I'm on a budget but I have time to complete a course and I'm interested in this subject for personal development

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jade2015

Does anyone have experience or recommend a general phycology online course. I'm on a budget but I have time to complete a course and I'm interested in this subject for personal development

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

A lot of free tasters with un-accredited certificates here: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue I think that would be a great starting point, I'd say spending a few months doing those would make the learning curve much less steep when it came time to start

Then DCU do a distance learning psychology course: https://www.dcu.ie/courses/Undergraduate/openeducation/Humanities-Psychology-Major.shtml

Not cheap BUT affordable in the sense that you can choose how many modules you do a year and so spread it out. I'm not sure what the minimum is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Jade2015 wrote: »

As a subject to enhance personal development, you might be better to study counselling and psychotherapy as strict psychology may be a tad dry and scientific for that purpose.

Advertisement