Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lomachenko vs any super feather / light weight today.

• 02-07-2020 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Is there anyone who can beat him now? Tank, Haney, LSC, Lopez? Honestly I can see him beating them all one after another for the next two years at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Barring KO/TKO none of them have a hope.

But Teo and Tank can both punch...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Lopez has the best chance if he somehow managed to KO Loma but I reckon he’ll be beaten handy enough over the distance. Loma is a once in a generation type fighter.

Lopez has the best chance if he somehow managed to KO Loma but I reckon he’ll be beaten handy enough over the distance. Loma is a once in a generation type fighter.

Yet he still has a somewhat amateurish approach to the pro game....

For me he is missing an inside game....seems to have no inside game. I wish he'd quit the pulling and dragging to free himself up when he gets in close. It's like he is so uncomfortable when in close. Fight inside, or fight your way out when inside.

Also, far too much posing and OTT unnecessary **** going on in the ring with him.....

Other than this, he is great to ingest and watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,848 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

walshb wrote: »
    Yet he still has a somewhat amateurish approach to the pro game....

For me he is missing an inside game....seems to have no inside game. I wish he'd quit the pulling and dragging to free himself up when he gets in close. It's like he is so uncomfortable when in close. Fight inside, or fight your way out when inside.

Also, far too much posing and OTT unnecessary **** going on in the ring with him.....

Other than this, he is great to ingest and watch...

I don't like the showboating but he is great to watch.

He can win easily without getting too involved. I wouldn't be knocking him for trying to fight at his preferred range.

I don't like the showboating but he is great to watch.

He can win easily without getting too involved. I wouldn't be knocking him for trying to fight at his preferred range.

Not saying that he shouldn't do what makes him best

Juts saying that he seems to either have no inside game, or really dislikes any in-close action. I'd like to see him fight when inside, or at least fight his way out....

As for showboating.....it's not even that, just more the OTT movement and angling and stuff that appears very unnecessary at times.....juts get fooking on with it you feel like saying at times....

Maybe it's juts his own idiosyncrasies...

• Advertisement

Not saying that he shouldn't do what makes him best

Juts saying that he seems to either have no inside game, or really dislikes any in-close action. I'd like to see him fight when inside, or at least fight his way out....

As for showboating.....it's not even that, just more the OTT movement and angling and stuff that appears very unnecessary at times.....juts get fooking on with it you feel like saying at times....

Maybe it's juts his own idiosyncrasies...

What’s the point in him fighting a style of fight that doesn’t work for him when he’s after perfecting the one he uses? I’d like to see him keep doing exactly what he’s been doing tbh.

I take it you weren’t a Prince Nas fan either :pac:

What’s the point in him fighting a style of fight that doesn’t work for him when he’s after perfecting the one he uses? I’d like to see him keep doing exactly what he’s been doing tbh.

I take it you weren’t a Prince Nas fan either :pac:

I never said he should fight a style that does not suit him...

Read what I wrote. I said I'd simply like to see him fight inside (when he has to) or fight inside in order to free himself up....Not that silly pulling and dragging and looking to the ref to assist him.....

Naz had a horrible style...........Loma is ten times more appealing to me than Naz.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,848 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I never said he should fight a style that does not suit him...

Read what I wrote. I said I'd simply like to see him fight inside (when he has to) or fight inside in order to free himself up....Not that silly pulling and dragging and looking to the ref to assist him.....

Naz had a horrible style...........Loma is ten times more appealing to me than Naz.

Naz was good craic to watch. Atrocious technically in the traditional sense...but it worked for him...somehow. I wouldn't include him in the same bracket as Lomachenko though.

Naz was good craic to watch. Atrocious technically in the traditional sense...but it worked for him...somehow. I wouldn't include him in the same bracket as Lomachenko though.

Agreed...some times he impressed me, but as you said, atrocious in the technical sense.....exposed when he really stepped up....

No jab, no inside game, no actual combinations......

Beat a heap of fooking nobodies........

Best win was over Kevin Kelley. That was a good win...

Ah I don’t mean on boxing terms I was referring to the incessant showboating which Loma can be guilty of. Worlds apart in terms of skill level imo.

• Advertisement

Ah I don’t mean on boxing terms I was referring to the incessant showboating which Loma can be guilty of. Worlds apart in terms of skill level imo.

Loma's showboating is in the ha'penny place compared to the ridiculous antics of Naz....Naz looked like a fooking twat acting the muppet against complete nobodies....

And referees need to stamp out the ridiculous showboating that goes on

I watched the I am Duran film there a few days ago. Excellent film.

SRL was a complete tit in that second fight. No wonder Duran had enough....that silly messing and showboating. Ref should have fooked him out of the ring...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I see Teo has turned down $1.25m to fight Loma (Loma getting $3.2).
    Disappointing, he should be taking that fight.

I see Teo has turned down $1.25m to fight Loma (Loma getting $3.2).
    Disappointing, he should be taking that fight.

FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

FFS...

Do you think Teo should take that fight or is he right to demand more money?

Do you think Teo should take that fight or is he right to demand more money?

No right or wrong answer here

My pain is the whole affair of boxing and money and politics and stalling and this, and that and the other....

Loma is the star as regards this match...

Without knowing for sure, this is likely Teo's highest payday...

Of course, take the fight....do you want to be seen and respected as the best? Go beat the best, and then the bigger prizes come along...

Not saying he should not seek the most he can get, but if this is the most, after bargaining.....fooking go for it.......

Advertisement