Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭paul71

I agree.

There is an age old moral debate on Freedom versus Licence. The reality is these "individuals" do not know the difference. They wish to lie, spew hatred, create confusion distrust and violence without consequence, that is licence.

Calling a Nazi a Nazi is freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,960 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

By the way. How you is that other guy you expressed admiration for? The lad from Mayo. Enoch Burke?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

So some are going with the centrist defence

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They want you to be free to say whatever they want you to say.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,565 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Well yeah. Renua literally would never have existed if some politicians hadn't left FG - not over repealing the 8th which was still a few years off - but minimalist legislation which was purely intended to try to stop women dying. It seems unbelieveable now that several high ranking political careers were voluntarily vaporized for that, but we're better off without them.

When it came to actually repealing the 8th, that lot had already shot their bolt and had no influence in politics any more👍️not for the first time, the lack of any common sense and willingness to compromise cost the anti-choice movement badly.

So thank you Renua 😁

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You're confusing FG in coalition governments with raw unadulterated FG.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’ve tried to raise the level of debate several times by asking you what “common sense” immigration policies your support.

You simply ignore the question.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Don't bother. He doesnt have one. Nor do the National Party.

"Send em home" and thats about it. You wont get any intelligent or rational debate from anyone voting, or considering voting, for the Nazional Party.

Simplistic small world views everywhere. With a chunk of general misdirected anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Oxo Moran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I just got a Philip Dwyer leaflet in the post (I wonder how many they’ve sent and who’s paying) where he claims exactly that - “Ireland First - Your Centre-Right Nationalist Party”.

Had a read and was thinking it wasn’t as batshit mad as I’d expected until I got to this bit - “Politically we position the current government and ‘opposition’ as far-left and ourselves as centre-right”.

Oh..and he misspelled Padraig Pearse’s name when quoting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He misspelled Padraig Pearse’s name because hes a low IQ thicko. As is anyone who votes for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's what I said earlier - everyone thinks of themselves as the sane, centrist ones and when the far right sees themselves as center, anything to the left is going to be far left.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Someone mentioned that earlier, and I think they said the same spelling mistake is on a few different leaflets.

Was the quote actually from Pearse?

Always find it funny that these gonshítes quote him and the "men of 1916", when he had no problems with the immigrants involved at the leadship level of the Easter rising.

Simple ideas for simple minds as an uncle of mine used to say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

In case anyone is unaware of the background to this. Darragh Adelaide is Black, Irish and a fluent Irish speaker.

Philip Dwyer organizes race baiting rallies one of which Darragh went to counter protest. Dwyer the Irish patriot who cannot spell cannot spell a patriots name challenged Adelaide to a debate and Adelaide responded in Irish, Dwyer thought Adelaide was speaking some African lingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You're right. People do not need the Nazi National Party.

I see Rebecca describes herself as schoolteacher on the European Parliament ballot paper.

The Teaching Council don't seem to agree with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I have said repeatedly I’m an undecided voter looking into my options and doing due diligence on potential candidates.

I am not a hardcore supporter of the National Party or any other group - the opposite actually, I’m a disillusioned former centre left floating voter.

My number 1 priority issue is migration.

As this is so, I am considering candidates with sensible migration policies, I won’t be swayed by ppl screeching “Nazi” etc - my hunch is that this is a smear tactic from the mainstream parties terrified of having to actually work with independents and ppl holding them to account.

To be clear - having read the waffle and rubbish of some posters on this - I have NO intention of setting out my personal views on this thread - I will not be a punchbag for the usual suspects to insult, slag off, dismiss, denigrate, and basically kick around for your own entertainment.

I will instead carry on considering the options for both the locals and the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,431 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement

perfect example of the rubbish this thread is full of. Carry on!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You've been given reams of information explaining how the National Party is Fascist - That information has been provided to you over and over and over again. You just choose to ignore it. You also refuse to explain what these nebulous "Common sense policies" you keep referencing actually are.

You claim to be an "undecided voter" but thus far the only candidates you have floated as possibilities are all Far-right hate mongers or Rabid Conspiracy theorists.

So , it is not unreasonable to make the inference that whilst you may not have decided which Far-right hate monger or conspiracy theorist you are going to vote for , you are definitely going to vote for a Far-right hate monger or a conspiracy theorist.

So you really aren't that undecided now are you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Why are you insulting people's intelligence? Heck, why are you wasting your own time writing scutter like this. You've spent the whole thread shilling for human refuse. The centrist shtick has been done to death.

If you want to vote for the NP, go for it but nobody's buying this disillusioned left stuff you keep trotting out.

They did. You just did your pigeon chess shtick and we're back to square one once again.

The good news is that the scum you're shilling for are going nowhere. Irish people might like to flirt with chancers but immigration is simply one node in the web. People are also concerned about the HSE, education, infrastructure, minority rights, climate change and the economy. They know full well that voting for Litler or the guy who abuses dogs won't improve that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I’m definitely not voting for any of the failed mainstream parties - FF FG SF Lab Greens Soc Dems - none of them will address migration effectively.

I wouldn’t have much confidence in Aontu either.

So that leaves independents, and parties who are calling for more sensible migration policies.

The talk of “far right” in Irish politics is rubbish.

The vast, vast majority of ppl smeared with that tag, are concerned ordinary ppl who do not agree with the govt policy on migration.

Much easier to throw around “racist”, “far right”, “fascist” insults than deal substantively with the concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Well said. I don't know if you were listening to rte1 yesterday evening's Drivetime but anyone listening to the candidates being interviewed about one of the massive issues besides housing and health would of certainly heard how this government and representatives haven't a clue whatsoever on how to handle this issue. A total farce how this is being handled. One thing that I totally agreed with was a candidate of African decent blamed the Government’s mishandling for the rise in the far right opinions and the abuse some suffer. As to your punchbag comment I totally get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Shoog

The people you will vote for will have no control over immigration policy so your wasting your time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Still can't name a single policy.

Decades of centrist government by FF, FG, Labour and others have made Ireland a successful, liberal country. You want to burn the place to the ground because of your obsessive hatred of migrants.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Once more with feeling.

What are these "Common Sense Policies" that you keep referring to?

You mention them in virtually every post you make here , but despite endless requests you have yet to provide a single example of what they are?

Why won't you share them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,441 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Always worth posting about that ha.

Dwyer shown up for the blithering idiot he is.

"Have a civilized debate?"

(Responds in excellent Irish)

• " WeRe YoU sEnT by an NGo!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You're accusing others of waffle but were happy to spread a hoax. You've kept referring to an unknown national party local election candidate but have refused to even give us his name. And you seem to use the thread to dump the musings of any candidate you find on Twitter... 😂

Advertisement