Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby monitor recommendation

• 24-06-2020 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Moved our baby to his own room as he has outgrown the cosleeper therefore sourcing a baby monitor. Read some reviews online but finding a lot are contradictory, just wondering anyone has any recommendations of a practical and solid video baby monitor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

dublin2000 wrote: »
    Moved our baby to his own room as he has outgrown the cosleeper therefore sourcing a baby monitor. Read some reviews online but finding a lot are contradictory, just wondering anyone has any recommendations of a practical and solid video baby monitor.

I don't know if you've thought of an Echo/ Alexa. You can listen in on the room elsewhere with another echo and they do more than that obviously.. Play music.. Set timers and reminders.. We use ours a lot. If you want a screen there are loads of the usual Motorola ones but in my experience screen was pointless. They're either yelling or they're not! (we only went in if he was yelling!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

We got a nooie cam https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monitor-Wireless-Security-Tracking-Detection/dp/B07PK9J2L6

It’s a camera that you access via an app on your phone,tablet etc. It doesn’t come with a video monitor of its own. It’s been great and the app is well supported. We’ve used it on a 2nd generation iPad and a iPhone 4 So you don’t need new technology for it.

It’s also handy that we can login from anywhere on our personal devices to see the room and do a check that she’s ok.

Once you’re logged in on a device you can set it up that you can get sound and motion notifications even when you’re not using the app so you don’t have to be watching the monitor all the time. In fact monitor watching can be addictive. It’s a bit like a tv in a pub your eye will constantly be drawn to it. However it’s very handy if u hear a cry at night to be able to look at her and see if she’s settled back or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gem15

We've the BT video baby monitor 6000 and really like it. When our daughter was in the cot we had it positioned so it gave a close up & very clear visual. Now that she's in a bed she has a tendency to wander around the room before settling down & the camera has a function that allows you to change the angle the camera is facing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

We use ‘angel care’. It doesn’t have a camera but it has a motion sensor pad and the ability to talk back to your baby. I love it, I feel it gives me real piece of mind with the sensor. Personally I prefer not to use a camera monitor. I saw an awful segment on This Morning showing someone hacking into a child’s monitor and talking to her in her room. It made the hairs stand on the back of my neck. Apparently there are easy fixes to prevent this but it just put me right off them! Sorry if I put the frighteners on anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Former Dublin BlowIns

After much research and deliberation we went with tenboo. Very happy with purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

Thanks all for your kind replies! I was originally thinking of a WiFi monitor so I can log on when I’m in work but I also read about hackers so wasn’t too sure then. If it wasn’t that I would actually love to have one that both comes with a monitor and app!

Thanks all for your kind replies! I was originally thinking of a WiFi monitor so I can log on when I’m in work but I also read about hackers so wasn’t too sure then. If it wasn’t that I would actually love to have one that both comes with a monitor and app!

Sorry my internet acted up the post posted three times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

We went with this cheapy from Amazon, got it on Black Friday for about €50:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monitor-Detection-Two-way-Wireless-3-2inch-603/dp/B07NPJJMGT/ref=asc_df_B07NPJJMGT/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309961363640&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16059083242149966463&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-671101242653&th=1

Guts of 2 years on we can't complain. The handset battery isn't amazing (as noted in one review), but we find it's near enough a plug once a day anyway to get charged up fully. The "VOX" mode helps battery a lot. It only turns the screen on when there's noise where the camera is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement