Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ppr Dynasty Start-Up 2020

• 18-06-2020 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭

Hi, just opening this thread to gauge interest levels for a new dynasty start up. I propose something like a 12 team, some form of Ppr with a big roster, taxi slots, super flex and if we are feeling extra adventurous a Tight End premium league.
    For those that don't know : Super flex allows you to start two QB's and Tight End premium gives extra points per reception for Tight ends e.g. 2 pts per catch instead of one. It makes the notoriously frustrating TE position more appealing. This form of league is becoming increasingly popular and having done a redraft TE premium league last year, great fun.
    Once we fill 12 spots we can vote on the format, roster size, points scoring, draft time etc...
    I propose to run this on the Sleeper app which is highly customisable and user friendly and has great info on each player. Let me know what ye think...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hoki wrote: »
    Hi, just opening this thread to gauge interest levels for a new dynasty start up. I propose something like a 12 team, some form of Ppr with a big roster, taxi slots, super flex and if we are feeling extra adventurous a Tight End premium league.
    For those that don't know : Super flex allows you to start two QB's and Tight End premium gives extra points per reception for Tight ends e.g. 2 pts per catch instead of one. It makes the notoriously frustrating TE position more appealing. This form of league is becoming increasingly popular and having done a redraft TE premium league last year, great fun.
    Once we fill 12 spots we can vote on the format, roster size, points scoring, draft time etc...
    I propose to run this on the Sleeper app which is highly customisable and user friendly and has great info on each player. Let me know what ye think...

Is it a money league? Important to know if so and how much

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭DM_2092

I might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Is it a money league? Important to know if so and how much

If people want a money league, it can be a money league. Entry fee can be voted on, all depends on what people are comfortable forking out. The money aspect would hopefully ensure active players so I'm all for that tbh. Personally wouldn't fancy paying more than €20 a season though.....

If people want a money league, it can be a money league. Entry fee can be voted on, all depends on what people are comfortable forking out. The money aspect would hopefully ensure active players so I'm all for that tbh. Personally wouldn't fancy paying more than €20 a season though.....

It won’t work with a group of randomers unless it’s a money league, there’s no incentive to look past this season or stick with a bad roster,
    Always get the players to pay a year in advance, as in if the fee is 20 then you pay 40 in year 1 and 20 every other year,

I might be interested, in a few leagues on sleeper already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd be interested in this. Have only played the regular fantasy through NFL and Yahoo.

• Advertisement

20 seems a fair price to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Id be up for it if its a money league. Any chance of considering fleaflicker as the platform? Its a very good host site for dynasty.

Also, i should be able to get others if numbers are needed.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this. Have only played the regular fantasy through NFL and Yahoo.

Same here. But getting to grips with other apps shouldn't be too difficult.

Guffy wrote: »
    Id be up for it if its a money league. Any chance of considering fleaflicker as the platform? Its a very good host site for dynasty.

Also, i should be able to get others if numbers are needed.

I've recently transitioned all my leagues from Yahoo on to Sleeper so would prefer to use that. Will be playing the boards regular redraft league on the NFL app so would prefer not to be playing across 3 platforms...
    Will try and keep the league for boards members for now, if we are struggling for numbers closer to the time we can look outside to fill it.

I've recently transitioned all my leagues from Yahoo on to Sleeper so would prefer to use that. Will be playing the boards regular redraft league on the NFL app so would prefer not to be playing across 3 platforms...
    Will try and keep the league for boards members for now, if we are struggling for numbers closer to the time we can look outside to fill it.

Sound ya, im in anyways.

• Advertisement

You need to strike while the iron is hot for these things, a start up draft will take between 1 and 2 weeks and you need about of time pre season to sort your roster as well, I rarely post on boards anymore, is there anywhere we can drum up interest?

There’s a bit of housekeeping to settle as well as regards buy in/scoring etc,

You need to strike while the iron is hot for these things, a start up draft will take between 1 and 2 weeks and you need about of time pre season to sort your roster as well, I rarely post on boards anymore, is there anywhere we can drum up interest?

There’s a bit of housekeeping to settle as well as regards buy in/scoring etc,

We have 6 recruited in a week during the quiet off season. Will give it a bit more time here, I'm sure i can get others if needed but wanted to keep this for boards only. An 4/8 hour slow draft will be completed in under a week as long as people dont keep using the whole 4 or 8 hrs before picking. I was in a slow draft 2 weeks ago which we completed in about 4 days. Funds can be sorted using Teamstake. Scoring will be fairly standard except for the TE premium of prob 1.5 ppr as opposed to 1 ppr for WR/RB.

I've never heard of a 'slow draft' and the other Dynasty I'm in was conducted like a normal fantasy NFL draft, so in about 2 hours. I don't mind though.

DM_2092 wrote: »
    I've never heard of a 'slow draft' and the other Dynasty I'm in was conducted like a normal fantasy NFL draft, so in about 2 hours. I don't mind though.

You better be ready to settle in here so :pac:
    Can't believe a draft was conducted in 4 days, that's red hot pace, I'm in 3 dynasty leagues and each draft took close to two weeks, you'll do it quicker if we're all in the same time zone obviously.
    It'd be mad to do it in a few hours, you don't want to make mistakes or you won't last too long or else you'll regret it for years.

From my experience we us to give 12 hours for a pick, with a pause on the timer from midnight to 8am. Bear in mind its very rare that a pick would take more than a couple of hours to come in anyway, but every now and then, someone would be caught up in work or out with the family and just wouldn't see that they were up. Id send a polite reminder at 6 hour mark just to make sure they were aware they were up

From my experience we us to give 12 hours for a pick, with a pause on the timer from midnight to 8am. Bear in mind its very rare that a pick would take more than a couple of hours to come in anyway, but every now and then, someone would be caught up in work or out with the family and just wouldn't see that they were up. Id send a polite reminder at 6 hour mark just to make sure they were aware they were up

Most recent slow drafts I've done have been 8 hour clocks switched off from midnight to 8am. Get through about 3 rounds a day on a good day, day one tends to be the slowest day as a result of all the draft pick trades going on. The later rounds tend to fly by a bit quicker also ...

Most recent slow drafts I've done have been 8 hour clocks switched off from midnight to 8am. Get through about 3 rounds a day on a good day, day one tends to be the slowest day as a result of all the draft pick trades going on. The later rounds tend to fly by a bit quicker also ...

Ya 8 hours would be perfect imo, 4 days would still be optimistic depending on how many spots there are on the squad imo

Ya 8 hours would be perfect imo, 4 days would still be optimistic depending on how many spots there are on the squad imo

Normally the draft will be 30 rounds, you’d want to be prepared to be at it for 2 weeks but it could be much quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

I'd be interested too

Normally the draft will be 30 rounds, you’d want to be prepared to be at it for 2 weeks but it could be much quicker

12 team league with 1QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRT Flex, 1 WRTQ SuperFlex, 12 bench spots, 3 Taxi slots, 4 IR.
    No Kickers or d/st...

How does that sound? That would make the draft 22 rounds. We can increase the bench spots to maybe 14 but from being involved in a 22 round 12 team draft at present, its slim pickings at round 22....

• Advertisement

12 team league with 1QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRT Flex, 1 WRTQ SuperFlex, 12 bench spots, 3 Taxi slots, 4 IR.
    No Kickers or d/st...

How does that sound? That would make the draft 22 rounds. We can increase the bench spots to maybe 14 but from being involved in a 22 round 12 team draft at present, its slim pickings at round 22....

In my most recent draft you had Danny Amendola, Chris Thompson, Greg Olsen type going in round 22, all potential starters.
    It’s an interesting idea, I’d say the waivers would be very competitive anyway,

As commish you should just set the rules, voting and achieving consensus is a pain,

Fair enough, will go with the format above with 14 bench spots so 24 round draft. I'll set up the league today on Sleeper and send invites out via PM. Will fill the remaining spots soon one way or another and then look to get the draft going next week sometime,all going well!
    Mock drafts will be open once you join the league.

1. Hoki
    2. Swiper the Fox
    3. DM_2092
    4. Jofspring
    5. Guffy
    6. Hon the Dubs

Will there be a taxi squad and an IR spot also?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'll be honest lads I had to Google taxi spots and superflex but I'm game anyway.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'll be honest lads I had to Google taxi spots and superflex but I'm game anyway.

I've never played superflex or ppr never mind te premium so learning curve all round 😂

Will there be a taxi squad and an IR spot also?

Yea I've 3 Taxi slots in it at the moment, rookies only can be added to Taxi up until the last pre season game - can only stay on Taxi for 1 season. I think 4 IR spots will be needed. IR might be used a lot this year with Covid hence the 4 spots.

I've never played superflex or ppr never mind te premium so learning curve all round 😂

TE premium is set at 0.5pts so each reception for TE will generate 1.5 points as opposed to the 1 point for WRs and RBs. Make sure you use the mock drafts in the league when I've it set up, will give you a good idea of where players go with this format.

I think the invite has to be sent as a link hoki

I don’t see where the option is to enter the code

I think the invite has to be sent as a link hoki

I don’t see where the option is to enter the code

Worked for some of the others, you shouldn't have to enter any code. The link brings you direct ...

• Advertisement

Worked for some of the others, you shouldn't have to enter any code. The link brings you direct ...

Can you resend, it didn’t come as a link, I copied but didn’t find where to paste

Advertisement