Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Seems you are right there, was in Power City Tallaght- sold out, Tesco- sold out and DID- sold out nationwide.

Aside from Harvey Norman do any other retailers carry them, Woodies maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Aldi

What does that mean in practical terms, like if I have a stick and account can two others just download the Now TV app to their smart TV or firestick and watch it that way with it only counting as one device? Or do they need a physical now stick and then login with my account details?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Definitely not the right place to post this, but hopefully somebody can help me out ,i am trying to download the NOW TV app for a neighbour on their new Philips smart tv, doesn't look like the option to download is there , and from what i can establish online, Philips Smart tv is not compatible wit the now tv app for downloading, and they will need to get a firestick to have it on their smart TV ?

Thanks for any pointers or help, both me and the neighbour scratching our heads that this modern TV cant download the now tv app.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Firestick or a more cost effective option would be the NowTV Stick if you can get one, currently priced at €15 including 1 months Sports or €10 with 2 months Entertainment or Movies. Both these devices connect via the HDMI slots on the TV, just double check there are some free to connect to, amount varies from 2 to 4, Philips might have 3.

Firestick allows more options down the line for other TV Apps, depends really what they want it for, if only ever will be NowTV then the NowTV Stick will do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

I use phones to cast Now TV sometimes. If you dont actually open the channel on your phone it shouldnt register as one of the devices.

Steps:

1. Open Now TV App

2.Press the Cast button immediately before doing anything else - you will see a Splash screen appear on TV.

3.Select the channel you wish to watch (from phone app).

4.Channel appears on TV but not on phone.

If you swap 2 and 3 you will have 2 devices taken from your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭wassie

This is the right place ;) You are correct - Philips TV arent supported devices.

You neighbour will need a streaming device that is supported to watch Now.

As @Atlantic Dawn suggested, NowTV Stick - best budget option with least hassle.

But Firestick or GoogleTV other streaming device will give added functionality with other apps. I find it useful as you can run a VPN app that allows you to access Netflix catalogues of other countries. Its amazing what you can watch with this hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

I have a firestick and for the life of me I cannot get the NOW TV app loaded (it does not appear when I search for it as per previous post on this thread). Lucky for me I also have a PS4 attached that TV so can get it there, so perhaps a NOW TV stick may be a better option if you are happy with the other apps on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thank you all for the replies , I will pass on the news that the Philips tv doesn’t support the now tv app . I ain’t the smartest on technology so said I better double check ,in this day and age you would think it would be a simple download

Unfortunately the most of the major TV manufacturers use their own modified proprietry version of Android (AFAIK & I stand to be corrected) in order to run the TV. This results in each company having to develop & maintain the modified versions of the apps, so its probably comes down to resources (i.e. money).

It would be great if they all ran Android (like our phones), then we could just download the apps. But TVs are not computers but just devices so its technically more restrictive/challenging. It is a highly competative market also which encourages manufacturers to differentiate their products from their competitors.

• Advertisement

If you havent already seen it and are having issues getting NowTV on the Firestick see my post here.

Note 'NOW TV' has technically rebranded to just 'NOW'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

currys have them at the 10-15 prices too - edit instore and online

nice one ablelocks thanks a million, I can see the sports extra ones there

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Cheers Wassie. That worked great. Simple when you know how 🙂

M

Does anyone know when the Now tv sticks are returning to normal price?

My Sports offer is up in less than a month, tried cancelling was offered €23.40 a month for 3 months, normal price €39 a month.

The code NOWWBXNCJLWQ is still working for 3 months for €30, better value than the Stick for now.

Post edited by Atlantic Dawn on

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Is there anything to stop me buying a few now TV sticks with all the sports @ €15 each and switching stick each month?

Is a better way of doing it using codes and sharing a subscription with one or two others?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

The only thing stopping you is the (sports) sticks are sold out everywhere.

They are being discontinued, hence the low prices lately. So I doubt there will be more stock coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,084 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Did anyone else get that Sky Sport Mobile Membership?

Mine seems to have only one Sky Sports channel actually working, and also does not have any sound either. Unless there is a separate way to view those channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

It only has a certain few channels but definitely has sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Discontinued? New model coming?

I got a message on my Chromecast saying Now TV would no longer work on it from 5th of September aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I just sighed up to 3 months sports and only way I have to watch on TV( Philips) is to cast to it (built-in Chromecast).

Are they really removing this option?

Is there a way with Google TV?

Edit:- Just opened apps and steamed SW Vs SUN and no warnings on my side on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Chromecast not working will be a pita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Looking for an entertainment code if anyone has one.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

No new model coming, they are going to be digital/app only.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Butson

I see they are getting more proactive.

I was on an entertainment offer that ran out today. They emailed last night to say that they have applied the discount for another 6 months and there was nothing I needed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

They're removing Now TV through older versions of smart LG TVs (2014 and 2015 LG TVs), which is very annoying.

When casting through Chromecast, I get about a 10-20 second longer delay compared to the app on the TV.

Maybe that other app Miracast might work?

Out of interest when you Chromecast from a phone are you using 2x the data for using two devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

You do know the €15 Now TV Sticks have both Sports and Sports Extra included, So SKY Sports/BT/ESPN and Premier Sports are all included for €15/month, The sticks are stackable and I have a year's worth of them!

M

Balls, I didn't know that, I always thought the BT channels were seperate from it, great deal. Managed to get 2 this afternoon, will try to get another couple to see me out the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Advertisement