Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rainbowtrout's Eurovision Song Contest

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's a mix of eurovision, eurovision-esque music and stuff which is completely different. It's very interesting so far.

We currently have 80 individual songs nominated, only one song has been nominated twice, and only one act has two songs nominated. 28 countries are currently represented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I sent in a bit of everything from europop to rock to dance to ballads and a few eccentric acts too, because they are usually my favorites at the real eurovision

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Submitted my 15 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Sawduck wrote: »
    I sent in a bit of everything from europop to rock to dance to ballads and a few eccentric acts too, because they are usually my favorites at the real eurovision

Hope there is plenty of cheese in there ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Seamai wrote: »
    Hope there is plenty of cheese in there ðŸ˜

Don't worry, I've got the cheese covered with my final two ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Seamai wrote: »
    Hope there is plenty of cheese in there

Aye, cheese in this contest will get bonus points from me, it's made for it.

Haven't said it already but great call rainbowtrout, love the concept and really looking forward to seeing the nominations :D

When does this close for nominations? I do want to enter some but haven't had a chance to really think about it yet. Also.. and I just know this has probably been answered already, probably in the op but I'll be lazy and ask while I'm here.. are you allowed to enter actual Eurovision songs?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

When does this close for nominations? I do want to enter some but haven't had a chance to really think about it yet. Also.. and I just know this has probably been answered already, probably in the op but I'll be lazy and ask while I'm here.. are you allowed to enter actual Eurovision songs?

I've entered at least two iirc. They can be actual Eurovision songs, they just don't *have* to be :)

Or at least that's my understanding

Necro wrote: »
    I've entered at least two iirc. They can be actual Eurovision songs, they just don't *have* to be :)

Or at least that's my understanding

Cool cool cool. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'll dust off my tux for when we go live :)

I was thinking about nominations for this, but I have some of the songs I may have submitted reserved for my upcoming Surlaw. :p So I may hold off on nominations but definitely look forward to voting.

I'll leave it open for another couple of days while Kolido is running the 90s competition.

It can be whatever you want, eurovision or other act, once you tell me what country they represent!

I was thinking about nominations for this, but I have some of the songs I may have submitted reserved for my upcoming Surlaw. :p So I may hold off on nominations but definitely look forward to voting.

Well if you want to throw a couple of songs in, doesn't have to be the full 15.

We currently have 108 songs representing 36 different countries. Only three songs have been nominated more than once. Two acts have each got two songs nominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Nice, 36 countries!!! Proper Eurovision levels!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

We currently have 108 songs representing 36 different countries. Only three songs have been nominated more than once. Two acts have each got two songs nominated.

That's pretty good. I would have expected a lot more overlaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I will get my entry in later today, have 12 ready, need to find another few. Hopefully Im not too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'll enter later too

Are Australia in this like the real one?

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'll enter later too

Are Australia in this like the real one?

No I'm not counting Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Is it ok to just submit 12?

Rothko wrote: »
    Is it ok to just submit 12?

Ya that's fine, any number up to 15

Tonight is the last night for nominations. Let's say 11pm. Tomorrow I would like to start the elimination rounds which will run over a few days.

Countries with one song automatically go through to the final.
    Countries with two songs will have a straight vote like the other tournaments on here. I won't be doing 'first to five' type vote. I'll leave it open all day so people have a chance to vote and whichever has the most votes at the end (I will put up a cut off time) goes through to the final.
    Countries with three or more songs I would like you to listen to them and give them a score out of ten and send them to me. I'll let this part run for a few days. Whichever song gets the highest score for each country goes through to the final.

So far:

Countries represented: 37

Number of individual songs: 147

Number of acts with two or more songs nominated: 9 acts ( 8 with two songs each, 1 with three songs)

Number of songs with two or more nominations: 6 songs ( one with 4 noms, 2 with 3 noms, 3 with 2 noms)

The country with most nominations (it's not Ireland) has 12 songs nominated.

Aaahhh I forgot all about this! I'm just gonna pm some top of my head noms now rainbow.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113816437#post113816437

Live thread is above. Will be kicking off the voting tomorrow.

Advertisement