Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

29 and no friends.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

At 40, you qualify to go to an old man pub by yourself and go for a quiet pint.

Go same time each week and you have drinking buddies in no time I bet.

I've been doing that since I'm around 23 until I gave up recently at 39...
    Anyway drinking buddies are bad news for the most part, because they require you to drink often and an awful lot which just makes you depressed and less active anyway!

I'm in a similar boat OP, but I'm just trying to say yes to everything now, and just to try and be kinder and more compassionate to people in general. It's amazing the difference that makes. Try not to dwell on your circumstances and remember that everyone's life is a work in progress.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

Could I just ask posters when replying to people that you don't quote the entire post. Other posters using the touch site are finding it clogs up the threads for them.

Thanks so much

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

On my own wrote: »
    Op here.

Thanks for all the posts, I do appreciate them.

Why dont your siblings talk to you? When you say they were treated quite badly, was that treatment by you? Your relationships with your siblings could be an indication of why you find it so hard to connect with people in your personal life.
    Regarding cousins/sisters etc, Im not close to my cousins either, I wouldnt even text them happy birthday and not on purpose we're just not close. Tbh, I know very few people who have very close friendships with cousins or extended family. So yes some people do have this but some people dont and get by just fine. As for siblings, like yourself, allot of people dont have sisters or any siblings or close relationships with their siblings. It just sounds like youre comparing yourself to something that isnt always as straight forward as you make it out to be in your head, then your sort of blaming your situation on those things. Thats what it sounds like to me but im open to correction.

Advertisement