Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tv repair

Options
  • 01-06-2020 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if this tv is repairable, picture has gone all glitchy, colours through screen etc, it's a sony kdl46d3500, have it about 9 years or so, only started acting up recently, rang a guy and he said it sounds like the screen and not worth fixing, just looking for 2nd opinions, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭buzzing147

buzzing147 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if this tv is repairable, picture has gone all glitchy, colours through screen etc, it's a sony kdl46d3500, have it about 9 years or so, only started acting up recently, rang a guy and he said it sounds like the screen and not worth fixing, just looking for 2nd opinions, cheers

That's the tv there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

If it is the screen definitely not worth Fixing.

massy086 wrote: »
    If it is the screen definitely not worth Fixing.

Yea trying send pic, not sure if it's screen or not, guy on phone just presumed maybe screen

Yea trying send pic, not sure if it's screen or not, guy on phone just presumed maybe screen

Pics don't seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Pics don't seem to work
    It could be a faulty inverter board probably best emailing the pics to a few repair shops and getting there options.or Google the model number and the problem see what it pulls up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

That's the backlight inverter, that's fixable in any TV repair shop. I've replaced one myself. Google the model number and you can order one on eBay. It's an easy one replace

That's the backlight inverter, that's fixable in any TV repair shop. I've replaced one myself. Google the model number and you can order one on eBay. It's an easy one replace

Cheers, hard to find anything for the tv, older tv, checked eBay etc, model no is kdl46d3500

Cheers, hard to find anything for the tv, older tv, checked eBay etc, model no is kdl46d3500

I think this is it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143159299501

Take the back off the TV and see does it have SSB400WA20S REV0.4 on the inverter. It may not look identical to this, sellers sometimes use generic images

I think this is it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143159299501

Take the back off the TV and see does it have SSB400WA20S REV0.4 on the inverter. It may not look identical to this, sellers sometimes use generic images

Cheers I'll look later, is it easy to install? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Judd looks like he gone for the "on an acid trip" background on a Zoom call.

• Advertisement

Cheers I'll look later, is it easy to install? Thanks

It's a piece of cake, slot out the old, slot in the new. You'll find videos on YouTube if you're unsure.

It's a piece of cake, slot out the old, slot in the new. You'll find videos on YouTube if you're unsure.

Cheers I ordered part good man hopefully will work now when install it next week ðŸ‘

Cheers I ordered part good man hopefully will work now when install it next week ðŸ‘

Hi didn't get to check the was out but just checked advert think might been wrong part cause it's 46d not 40d which was on advert:( model is kdl46d3500. The one I ordered is kdl40d3500

Hi didn't get to check the was out but just checked advert think might been wrong part cause it's 46d not 40d which was on advert:( model is kdl46d3500. The one I ordered is kdl40d3500

Is that not the size of the screen? Different size screens would share the same parts

Is that not the size of the screen? Different size screens would share the same parts

Yea, 46d, ah thats fine, thought might be different internal part if diff sized screen, cheersðŸ‘

Yea, 46d, ah thats fine, thought might be different internal part if diff sized screen, cheersðŸ‘

Hi just got part in post, which area is the inverter in, the 2 boards at side of the tv seem bigger than the board in post

Hi just got part in post, which area is the inverter in, the 2 boards at side of the tv seem bigger than the board in post

Seems to be a long board at each side of the tv, and the board in post is actually shorter than both these:(

I've no idea, every brand is different. Mine was an old Samsung was in the middle somewhere away from main boards. Do a search on YouTube

Seems to be a long board at each side of the tv, and the board in post is actually shorter than both these:(

• Advertisement

Wrong part

Wrong part

Shoot sorry, you'll have the part number now for a search. You should be able to return it

Shoot sorry, you'll have the part number now for a search. You should be able to return it

It's fine was cheap anyway, checked part num seems to be called master left invertor, there's also similar board on right side of tv also with components opposite way.

It's fine was cheap anyway, checked part num seems to be called master left invertor, there's also similar board on right side of tv also with components opposite way.

Wonder has the tv got 2 backlight invertor boards? Identical board on right side of tv, but components other way around

Wonder has the tv got 2 backlight invertor boards? Identical board on right side of tv, but components other way around

Wonder is that Toshiba 43 inch in lidl any good, only 260e, guy said best not to return part as expensive to post, so to the bin it goes! Can't find right past, seems to be 2 boards, a main invertor and a slave invertor, not sure which one, or both, are gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

This is exactly why people tell you it is not worth fixing. Look at all the time and effort you put into getting some obscure part and then you go to put it in and it doesn't fit. All that time wasted dicking around with it when you could be doing anything else.

When a tv breaks, unless it is under warranty, then it is into the WEEE bin and you get a replacement.
    Sure even when a tv breaks under warranty they usually just bin it and give you a replacement. It is cheaper to replace than pay someone the time to repair.

I'd advise you just to scrap it and get another TV. you'd get one on adverts for cheap.

And a word of warning - there is every possibility you'd get the right part, slot it into the TV and still find that it is not working properly. There could be litterally anything else wrong with it too. Then it is more time chasing the fault and dicking around.

Advertisement