Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cycling on paths and other cycling issues (updated title)

Options
1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm impressed even with 'magicbastard' as an autocortex, tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Well wifey rarely uses the LUAS, so it must have been cataclysmic bad timing she happened to be there that time? Middle of the day BTW. Maybe she imagined it or I'm lying again :-)
    TBH Andrew just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and this is so typical boards response.

It's not that it didn't happen to me. It's that it didn't get reported in the press, who would just love a story like this. Did she report it to anyone at the time or after?
    It's amazing how magicbastard's "people" are 75kg (80kg including bike in a recent post?) and a car is 1.5 tonnes, while Andy's "people" are 100kg, and his cars are 2.5 tonne, what was it, "death machines".

It's not really that amazing that people come in different shapes and sizes.

And no, it seems to be almost exclusively your good self that has been using the term 'death machines'.
    525237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Well wifey rarely uses the LUAS, so it must have been cataclysmic bad timing she happened to be there that time? Middle of the day BTW. Maybe she imagined it or I'm lying again :-)
    TBH Andrew just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and this is so typical boards response.

Dont worry its completely normal to see something happen once and assume its a constant occurrence

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Rightio, this thread is not being reopened.

The amount of reports I have got in relation to this thread in the last few days has been quite large and there are various amounts of things going on here which are simply not acceptable and a lot of the posting is off-topic as well.

There certainly has been a downward spiral in the quality of posting on this thread and other threads in the C+T forums over the past number of weeks and this has to stop immediately and without further delay.

Over the past number of months we have tried to avoid moderating discussion as much as previously, because we felt that is what the community wanted. However it appears that some posters here are now abusing this and are now pushing their luck and as such perhaps we need to review our recent approach.

Ultimately the ball is in your court. Raise your standard of posting, or we'll have a crackdown where the cards and bans will come out much quicker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement