Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miele fridge not cooling

Options
  • 28-05-2020 2:13pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Have a Miele fridge here that's stopped cooling stuff. It's about 10 years old now I'd say. Just a fridge, no ice box. It's been fine until recently. However, even with the temperature at 2C stuff doesn't feel chilled. A block of butter feels solid enough, but other items like a bottle of tonic water, cheese, etc, are not cool. It's a spare fridge out in the shed for extra stuff. I wonder if the warm weather might be affecting it, but it's been in the shed for years. There's very little in at the moment. At one point recently it was up at 9C, then down to 4C. 2C is now fairly standard.

Miele are quoting €130 to have someone come and look at it. I'm gonna look on Youtube for suggestions, but don't have taking it apart myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Being a Miele with no ice box it is more than likely a frost free unit. Start by unplugging the unit and leave the door open for up to 24 hours or so, it may be clogged up with ice that is preventing circulation of cold air, if this doesn't cure it any number of things may be wrong, give an update later

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Well, some luck, briefly. Turned the dial to 5 and the items were cool again. However, that hasn't lasted. Turned it 7 and it sort of worked, but they're not as cool as I'd like.

I'll keep an eye and try your suggestion.

Advertisement