Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worth Anything or just sentimental reasons

• 24-05-2020 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

Wife was left a qty of old jewelry by her aunt, among the bits is this old working watch, I suppose the question we both want answering is, what might it be worth?

Web Search doesn't seem to come up with much about manufacturer, so what info would anyone have that might help decide to refurb it or put it away in the bottom draw?
    DSCF0087.jpg
    DSCF0088.jpg
    DSCF0086.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fairly generic Swiss(I think) ladies watch which could be from anywhere from the 1920's to 50's. Golf filled(plated). Ladies watches aren't worth much in general compared to mens, unless from a "big name" and even then they're worth less than the men's versions. Sentimental value I'm afraid.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Yeah, sentimental value only.
    But if you got that piece cleaned up properly it would look great and give it a lease of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Yeah, sentimental value only.
    But if you got that piece cleaned up properly it would look great and give it a lease of life.

Who would anyone recommend for general cleaning up of watches, found 2 more ladies watches one working one none working, nothing to distinguish them except for age

Advertisement