Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motherland: Fort Salem (Hulu)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm really not sure what the Spree want to achieve now. Removing Alder shouldn't change anything since each country in the world seems to have witch soldiers and it would just weaken the US if they somewhere prevented witches in that country from joining the army. Also some of the US civilians/non-witches want the conscription to stop too so why would the Spree kill them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah at least with the Camarilla we know they want to kill all witches. The Spree , in season 1 were all about killing non witches. So far in season 2, the cell Scylla is part of is going after the Camarilla while the leader (the soldier Tally was having visions of) of the Spree just attacked Alder, which i'd say was more for revenge. it looks like separate cells in the Spree have their own goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Glad someone remembered.. it had kinda been nagging at me. I was full sure there was a reason it didn't shock me all that much.

For the Spree, their story and essentially the details of what sounds like some huge world war that's being glossed over makes it sound like it's a lot bigger than the show has let on so far.

There are hints though.. GNN being the news network caught my attention recently.. the G I'm assuming being Global and pointedly so.

2.7: This show goes some pretty dark places! Like damn..

Adil just out there breaking bones!

I really thought Abigail was gonna do something big like

a storm to pull down that camarilla base but no.

Then the Alder

and Nicte business.. that looks like it could end up pulling Alder out of the show.. hard to see the show doing that though when she's such a major character.

Finally..

Nooo, Raelles mother! That scene was really moving! I'm guessing Raelles gonna be really mad and out for revenge when she's all recovered.

• Advertisement

Raelles mother is played by probably the worse actress in the show- so I enjoyed that episode! The civilians treatment of the witches, basically their own army is a bit weird- disrespecting them publicly, slagging them off for being in-breds. I root for Scylla to be redeemed but I can't see it happening, she has done so many bad things- excited to see progress in her story.

Another impatient episodes with a lot of action. The Spree has been quite disappointing this season and having a twist within an episode that is revealed five minutes later in the same episode is just strange.

2.8: I really like that scene at the start

between Tally and Alder. That was really well done. Really tense!

The episode kinda just ticked along until that end

I was definitely not expecting the Tally/Nicte switch. All the same though.. Nicte seemed a bit underwhelming in her attack on Alder compared to the stuff she'd been doing all episode/ the stuff the Spree have been doing until now.

2.9: Real story/character development episode. Pieces all moving forward. I'm assuming

there's gonna be some big fights with the Camarilla coming up after this.. well on the basis that the plague doesn't wipe out the whole army here

Lyne Renée who plays Alder does a great job in this show! Her acting is really strong for the character!

Renewed for third and final season

• Advertisement

Sah-weet! Can just enjoy the season finale now whether it has a cliffhanger or not! 🙂

2.10: Wow! That was a jam packed season finale!

Real mix of reactions outta me there at the end from thinking a witch prison break is really cool.. to that **** prick killing his own daughter.. to a kind of relief at seeing some kind of regeneration of Alder.. not sure the show could feel as strong without Lyne Renée

Looking forward to season 3!

I'm glad they can wrap the show up next season but the writer has made some terrible missteps this and last season. Making the army co-operate with the spree who kill innocent civilians for one. Have the civilians treat their own army soldiers like dirt. Have one of the main romantic lead a serial killer who has killed children. Unwillingness to kill off any of the main characters.

So much potential in this show but I think the creator fudged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The final season starts on June 21st.

Ugh, I'm so far behind!

3.1: Well. Life in the army sure ain't gonna prepare you for life on the run!

I did like that ending! Good to see Lyne Renée still with the show. I wonder has she more/less/different powers now.

For Raelle, Tally and Abigail, I'm imagining they'll surely let loose in a fight what with all this on-the-run tension building up. Although.. Raelle and Scylla seem to be taking care of their own tension! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

worth watching ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

The ked

3.2: Oh! I definitely was getting .. Bravestarr? .. vibes there at the end. Cool addition.

Not sure what's going on with Raelle and the mycelium. I wonder if the poison is gonna be a corrupting influence.. then at the same time.. what about Alder from episode one.

Hmmmm... the Witchplague and Penelope coming back.. seemed a bit wierd. Not sure if it means they can actually get people back.. like maybe they've just been part-broken-down like a star trek transporter beam and just need to be reconstituted. Or.. it could just be another phase of the weapon. Isadora sure got her mad scientist face right on the money for this one! 😲😀

Probably depends on what you are into.

It's on season three now but the trailer for season one looks like it's still available here:

Motherland: Fort Salem Season 1 Trailer | Rotten Tomatoes TV

My first post has my first impressions:

While there's been some big events, I wouldn't say there's been any huge army-vs-army events.

• Advertisement

3.3: Hrmmmm things seem to be going downhill rapidly..

Alder shows up but dies again..

Everyone trapped..

President dead..

I'm guessing maybe the Marshalls might be a turn around to be on their side or something... or maybe Abigail and Adils combo power might be bigger than seen before.

3.4: A lot happened there. The show revisiting some dark and gory places.

With the president back and penelope maybe back.. I'm half guessing they'll both do a combo reappearance to get the vice president to step down.

Was hard to understand why the two army witches were fighting each other. I thought they might have been under a spell or some control but now I'm just guessing they were told both would die if they didn't fight.

Oh.. an Anacostias "finish her" move of tearing yer wans face off! 😲

3.5: Well. I'm guessing that's big part of the setup for the end of the season.

I think they've been saving a bit of budget so far by keeping to small locations for shooting the episodes.

If I was to guess, I'd be half thinking this Battalion/Bridgate/Division will be having a go at Fort Salem itself for the finale... kinda like how season 2 had a go at the fort.

Aside from that.. it feels like they are going to do something with Tally and her future sense. Maybe a key moment will come down to her overcoming some doubts and taking a key action.

It's looking pretty much that a civil war between Witches and non Witches is going to happen, especially going off the preview for the next episode. Regarding Tallys future sight, it showed that even though she prevented the initial premonition, the glass still broke. I think she will come to accept that she can't stop Raelle from dying .

I do find some of the writing all over the place this season though, like how can yer man keep on escaping from them

Also interesting tidbid, the reason Raelle has hardly been in this season is that the actress was in a car accident.

Ooooh jeez. Hope she recovers well. She's been such a strength to this show.

Agreed about yer man getting away. The first time .. maybe.. the second time .. ah here!

dammit... I watched 3.7 and then realised I forgot 3.6 so had to go back.. anyway..

3.6: This whole episode felt like a recharge episode again keeping the budget tight.

recharging with parents

3.7: This one I felt like maybe the budget is starting to flow again. Maybe the money has been saved for the last 3 episodes, 8,9 and 10.

I know Taylor Hickson was in that accident but one thing the effect on Raelles story has in my mind now Dragonball Z and how Goku in that show was off on a different path from the main group for a while. Maybe Super Raelle coming up! 😀

It has all the look of a war coming up but the witches don't want it so I'm guessing they'll avoid it. Some kind of big event return of Raelle and showing what the first song is all about is what I'm guessing for the finale.

It's kinda cool to have Aaron Douglas just popping into the show for a few episodes. He was the engineer Galen Tyrol in the 2004 Battlestar Gallactica Re-Imagining.

Looks like he's been keeping busy in a bunch of shows since then:

Forgot to mention that I spent some time looking at the map on the army board in 3.6.. The cession really cuts the land below Canada in two. Alot of merged lands making bigger states too! One big Dakota. Louisianna is huge. No Alabama.

I skip the credits so much! 😁

Not sure why I got pulled in so much with the map in the episode. I think it was the hugeness of some the states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Almost serves as a series finale...without the end

Advertisement