Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

everlast75 wrote: »
    Can't see. Any chance of a screen grab?

It should come up after a few seconds. As Kepler said, it's difficult enough to read as it is, I'd say screenshot are going to be feck all use to you but here goes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭traco

Can't see. Any chance of a screen grab?

Here you go - not sure if it will be readable. I can try and post in a larger format but will probably mess up the page format here

51251028091_fe0275d472_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭rubick

What's this 'Premium Campsite' with it's 'Premium Parking' all about?
    First time camping has crossed the Abbeyleix Road?
    5 years until it's Wednesday opening, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Frankly, i may be more emotional than normal if this goes ahead.

This pandemic has me ****ed on a mental level and the idea of complaining about line ups, drinking warm flat cans and freezing my nuts of has me sounds like heaven.

this a million times

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yes!! Jerry fish moved away from all the thump thump tents !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yes!! Jerry fish moved away from all the thump thump tents !!

Yeah, that had been flagged. That'll be a fun area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Pink moon looks to have been extended. Fishtown might take some of the pressure of SD for the late night shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

If it goes ahead, it will be f.ucking baltic at night.

Finally find a good use for the dryrobe, big pockets for cans and all!
    (It's too big for the bike when I go swimming!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hi all, unfortunately due to work commitments while i knew there was an announcement i couldnt look at it. Shocked by it but the excitement is drowning out the shock. While i still harbour some doubts about it going ahead the fact they have announced dates offered refunds etc. And only a day after getting funding makes me think they have some indication that barring a resurge in cases, new variants or vaccine rollout issues it will be allowed to happen. If i can get a few days of live music in a field with beer i dont care about the weather or even potentially the line up (says that now before giving out in announcement day). Please let it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It's not like we don't have the clothing.

some of us no longer fit into our clothing and will need to go muumuu shopping homer style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 taramurf

Highly doubtful this is going to go ahead, but I’m still getting excited anyway. I managed to get a campervan today with the new dates and I’m wondering does anybody out there know what is the best way to pick up the campervan ticket that isn’t being used? Do they ever appear on viagogo? Or am I just being completely crazy and will end up having a very expensive campervan to get rid of?!! Celebrating a very big, old zero birthday so thinking I can justify it especially after missing last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭LowOdour

some of us no longer fit into our clothing and will need to go muumuu shopping homer style

True story brother!

But, no better time to start the new year's resolution to get fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Found out I'm on the site build for Wild Roots, so happy to be making it to that and this with the Picnic, hopefully God willing this will be 2 festivals for 2021, maybe ATN can pull into EP's old time slot with a smaller capacity and work, then that would be 3 festivals, a lively August and September. :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

taramurf wrote: »
    Highly doubtful this is going to go ahead, but I’m still getting excited anyway. I managed to get a campervan today with the new dates and I’m wondering does anybody out there know what is the best way to pick up the campervan ticket that isn’t being used? Do they ever appear on viagogo? Or am I just being completely crazy and will end up having a very expensive campervan to get rid of?!! Celebrating a very big, old zero birthday so thinking I can justify it especially after missing last year.

Toutless.ie or Done Deal would be your best bet there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Toutless.ie or Done Deal would be your best bet there.

They tend to call me out of the woodwork in the weeks just before on Toutless, as people fail to hire or get camper or caravans.

Found out I'm on the site build for Wild Roots, .

So Wild Roots still going ahead, didn't see any mention of grants and have tickets. Vantasival talking about event 10/11 Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭endainoz

Peterd66 wrote: »
    So Wild Roots still going ahead, didn't see any mention of grants and have tickets. Vantasival talking about event 10/11 Sept.

They got something in the way of grants alright, but have been pretty quiet on social media lately aside from the sponsored ads telling us they'll "see us in August". Hopefully we will...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Will dancing be allowed ? No social distancing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

In a year of unpredictabilities and variables there emerges at last a concrete certainty -

Boardsies will not be doing the t-shirt thing at the Salty Dog.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Will dancing be allowed ? No social distancing ?

And hugging? If this goes ahead I'll even bearhug David fcuking Guetta.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

LowOdour wrote: »
    True story brother!

But, no better time to start the new year's resolution to get fit!

The bike is being dropped in tomorrow for a full service, in dire need of it then I'll be back on that, the gym has re-opened but i'm staying away from it till i get jab #2 which should be the weekend after next or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Speaking of getting 'Match Fit'....

Just had Pizza and beer for dinner.

Might even sleep in the tent in the back garden tonight.

Snarky Snark Snark

beer for dinner.

Might even sleep in ... garden tonight.

that's more likely to happen if it was me

In a year of unpredictabilities and variables there emerges at last a concrete certainty -

Boardsies will not be doing the t-shirt thing at the Salty Dog.

Fcuk it, let’s brave the elements. Here’s my crumpled apparel for the 2021 Salty Dog catwalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Kepler21

My nephew managed to secure me a ticket for Pukkelpop today. a good day all round.
    Although the line-up hasn't been announced, so could be a lot of local Belgian bands I've never heard of. I'll be happy to be in a Belgian field listening to music.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Reded

And hugging? If this goes ahead I'll even bearhug David fcuking Guetta.

There will be hugging - 100%

Snarky Snark Snark

cAWOXNG.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

If Strangers With Guns aren't playing,I'm not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Folks I couldn’t care less it if it is lashing rain and freezing cold for it

As my old uncle often said No such thing as bad weather just bad preparation

In other words have appropriate clothing!!

Also am I right In saying there’s been plenty of days over the years at EP when the weather was bad but good fun was had .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

Is your uncle paraphrasing Billy Connolly, who said there is no bad weather, only wrong clothes.

Advertisement