Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegetarian Sausages

• 09-05-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Which ones do you recommend and who stocks them? None in my local Aldi or Supervalu today. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Personal choice, Cauldron Cumberland Sausages. Linda McCartney ones are okay as well.
    Both were in our local Tesco (Letterkenny) today.

vegetarian sausages = indegestion so have your tablets at the ready.

I regularly eat the Denny ones (I eat meat and just seen the thread on the front page). I buy them over real sausages a lot of the time now, they’re really excellent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

CAuldron cumberland or the Denny Vegan ones, both fab.
    Texture on cauldron is good, and teh seaonsing on the denny is like a proper sausage.

(Verified meat eater w/ veggie OH)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Thanks guys. I tried the Denny ones this morning, better than I expected, will definitely eat them again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

And greenisle's vegan sausage rolls are pretty good too.

Tree wrote: »
    And greenisle's vegan sausage rolls are pretty good too.

Speaking of which, I made absolutely gorgeous sausage rolls (not vegan pastry) one day by mixing up the Denny ones with leeks and seasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Linda McCartney ones are my fave, got the Birds eye ones last time wouldn't recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Roald Dahl

The Denny Meat Free sausages are really good. They are the only ones I've come across that taste like 'sossies'. The only thing is that they don't plump up like real sausages when fried. In Northern Ireland they are sold under the Richmond brand. I've had both and to me they appear to be the same, both being Kerry brands.

Cauldron Cumberland sausages are very tasty too. Tesco also have or had Cumberland sausages and they were not half bad either.

Quorn have ready-to-eat cocktail sausages, which I love. I buy them two or three packets at a time and they always end up being demolished within a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Vegetarian choice sausages in some health food shops. They also do lincolnshire ones that are fairly good . I wouldn't give Denny my money

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, the quorn cocktail sausages. that said they changed the recipe recently to be more British chipolata style, the older version was more like an irish sausage.

Advertisement