Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Just entering hour 7 in front of spreadsheets! Not bad?? :pac::pac:

Anyone whose account on Strava is only visible to friends...we can't see you so won't be able to include your results tomorrow. Post times here if you can.

Strava limits how many runs can be seen in a club so we're having to go into lots of Strava accounts to find out if people ran the TT today. If you didn't could you let us know to save us the bother. Thanks to those who notified us of DNFs or DNSs.

Well you could let people just update the table? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Donation made. Wonderful cause!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

DNF here too, ran my fastest 400 and 1/2 mile and that was that, first time racing a mile and obvs have to pace myself better, cheers everyone, until the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Gonna have to take the DQ on this one.

Set this up on the watch as a workout as per the last Time Trial making the mistake of trying to measure splits after and 4x400 is not a mile!

Clocked 4.56 which would round up to 5 min mile so would have been in line with target. Take that in middle of a 70mpw in base training!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

KSU wrote: »
    Gonna have to take the DQ on this one.

Set this up on the watch as a workout as per the last Time Trial making the mistake of trying to measure splits after and 4x400 is not a mile!

Clocked 4.56 which would round up to 5 min mile so would have been in line with target. Take that in middle of a 70mpw in base training!

Jaypers - that's a real pity. Just underlines the unique pressures and challenges of the mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Murph_D wrote: »
    Well you could let people just update the table? :pac:

We could....but we won't :pac:

Ah no in fairness the ones we are missing either didn't do it or don't know we can't see their Strava because of their privacy settings.

So if jemsD, pansophelia, lulublue22, internet_user, sdevine89, ByrneDCMBrian, Kurt Godel or Snailsong could let us know if they did it by noon Sunday we will pop up the results after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

ooooh im private

eh garmin has 4.55, strava has moving time 4.57 cause it was dodgy manual stop , strava pace 4.55, mile split 4.55, 2nd best mile effort 4.54(huh)

So yeah take whatever you like, a good 5-7 seconds off what i wanted. Definitely trying this again soon...thanks organisers

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭yido1882

Ah no in fairness the ones we are missing either didn't do it or don't know we can't see their Strava because of their privacy settings.

So if jemsD, pansophelia, lulublue22, internet_user, sdevine89, DelDonut83, ByrneDCMBrian, Ivory Tower, Gucci, Duanington, Classic21, Kurt Godel or Snailsong could let us know if they did it by noon Sunday we will pop up the results after that.

DelDonut83 ran 06.50

Thanks again for organising lads

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Classic21

So if jemsD, pansophelia, lulublue22, internet_user, sdevine89, DelDonut83, ByrneDCMBrian, Ivory Tower, Gucci, Duanington, Classic21, Kurt Godel or Snailsong could let us know if they did it by noon Sunday we will pop up the results after that.

Sorry about that skyblue46, the TT is set to public so I don’t know why it can’t be viewed.

I run it yesterday morning, I never ran this short a distance before so it was something new. I finished in 5:39, four seconds above predicted time. A Pb but I lost a few seconds with traffic. With a little specific training I’m sure I can take a bit off this.

Thanks for organising
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

5.49 on the strava mile split for me, after a prediction of 5.30 that was based on nothing too scientific but still thought it was an achievable goal. However I knew Thurs / Fri that wasnt really a goer.
    I watched the last 2 Michael Jordan documentary episodes on Fri night and seen them lads were boozing and smoking between and before big games so I felt inspired to open that 3rd beer but leave the 4th one closed.

Last Saturday I got up at 6am, left house and was sitting in carpark outside a DIY shop at 645 waiting for it to open at 730.....forgetting that it opens at 8 on a Saturday. So with all this (and plenty of other incidents ) my wife already thinks I'm a bit crazy.
    This week I was up and out of the house again at 6.10 without anyone knowing what stupidity was this weeks driver

As for the mile itself, I started too fast, felt like my lungs were going to ignite after the first watch check at 0.32 miles. Dropped it down a notch to try and make sure I was gonna blow out, powered on as best I could til the next glance at 0.87. I tried to pick up the pace, felt like I did but in reality I was just going thru the motions.

Happy with the finishing time. Think I could improve it being a bit more clever with my pacing and probably if I was a bit more awake.....doubt that translates to 20seconds required for my prediction but it will be on that magical list with the sub 3 marathon, sub 18 5k etc

Thanks for organising it, very enjoyable to read the camaraderie on here, it's been a very enjoyable experience for me.

(Adjusting my strava settings now)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies lads, much appreciated. :)

After the latest updates and removal of a couple who didn't have Strava activity yesterday we're just left with Kurt Godel before we can finalise results. Noon is the cut off point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

After the latest updates and removal of a couple who didn't have Strava activity yesterday we're just left with JemsD, pansophelia, lulublue22, ByrneDCMBrian and Kurt Godel before we can finalise results. Noon is the cut off point :D

If it helps, ByrneDCMBrian did a 7:03, and I think JemsD was a DNS.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    If it helps, ByrneDCMBrian did a 7:03, and I think JemsD was a DNS.

Top man A, thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

So sorry due to a bit of teenage family drama did not get to start. Should have updated thread last night. apologies to skyblue and swashbuckler for delay.

lulublue

noon cut off dors that mean i can head out now ???

lulublue22 wrote: »
    So sorry due to a bit of teenage family drama did not get to start. Should have updated thread last night. apologies to skyblue and swashbuckler for delay.

lulublue

noon cut off dors that mean i can head out now ???

:pac::pac: No!! That's when we end the window of opportunity for anyone who ran yesterday to indicate the fact...

Go out and do a nice easy run in the sun :)

If you want to run a mile just run it....

:pac::pac: No!! That's when we end the window of opportunity for anyone who ran yesterday to indicate the fact...

Go out and do a nice easy run in the sun :)

god damn it - was just heading out the door when I checked the phone. At least it means the dog will be happy - shes copped I was trying to sneak out without her ðŸ˜

Seriously just go and run the mile if you want to! Does your name not being on a results list make any difference, its an imaginary race not a real one

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭pansophelia

So if jemsD, pansophelia, lulublue22, internet_user, sdevine89, ByrneDCMBrian, Kurt Godel or Snailsong could let us know if they did it by noon Sunday we will pop up the results after that.

Sorry! Thought my privacy settings were open - trying to figure them out in Strava now. Maybe I should keep them private tho as didn't quite go as planned.
    I'd tried out the route the evening before - our local Parkrun park. Surprisingly nervous at the beginning - just didn't want to start. Decided not to check the watch at all, which for once I managed, but really felt like I was going as quickly as I possibly could. Gasping for breath in the last stretch - trying to breath away from any walkers I was passing. Collapsed in a heap at the end - 8.22 - way outside my prediction which tbf was more than a bit optimistic. Did 7.50 in a 5k at the end of December though so thought it might be doable.

I've recently started heart rate training meaning most of my runs are really really slow, but have tried a couple of speed sessions. 4x600m on Tuesday didn't go well so should have known. Strangely though my top heart rate for the run was 163 - regularly hit high 180s in Parkrun when I'm not even killing myself, and usually struggle to keep it down.
    Anyway, going to try again in about a month and see where I am then. Thanks to the organisers for great motivation over the past few weeks. Some unbelievable times on here - fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

After the latest updates and removal of a couple who didn't have Strava activity yesterday we're just left with Kurt Godel before we can finalise results. Noon is the cut off point :D

I only see a swim on his profile for yesterday

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Cheers for that! I'll close it off now and then set about turning all this spreadsheet data into a boards table! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Cheers for that! I'll close it off now and then set about turning all this spreadsheet data into a boards table! :o

Some effort, you will have earned your cold ones this weekend!

Haha..only way to do it was drink on the job. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Shambles more like, two of them working on it and still no results!! And don’t buy the whole trying to be fair to everyone story........

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

OOnegative wrote: »
    Shambles more like, two of them working on it and still no results!! And don’t buy the whole trying to be fair to everyone story........

no medal, no tshirt, no cake, results taking ages.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Maybe he swam a mile (with a smile).

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Seriously just go and run the mile if you want to! Does your name not being on a results list make any difference, its an imaginary race not a real one

I know tone can be difficult to judge on the internet but my post was tongue in cheek. In the greater scheme of things it makes no difference whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

Apologies skyblue I was travelling and forget this was on... well done to all!
    Pherekydes wrote: »
    Maybe he swam a mile (with a smile).

As it happens I did just that in magical Kerry waters!:D

lulublue22 wrote: »
    I know tone can be difficult to judge on the internet but my post was tongue in cheek. In the greater scheme of things it makes no difference whatsoever.

oops :o

just run the damn mile

So eh, what distance is next....

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    oops :o

just run the damn mile

So eh, what distance is next....

Mile ran with dog no less :P came in slightly under target too :D Good day all round :D

Advertisement