Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Six nations 2021

• 30-04-2020 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ stayback

So with this years 6 nations more or less over ( my opinion only can’t see it going ahead maybe in the November window but clubs will probably decide that). Does anyone think the 6 nations 2021 will go ahead. Gerry Thornley has an interesting idea of a home and away arrangement for 2021.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭ Dave_The_Sheep

Care to share this 'interesting home and away arrangement'?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ stayback

Care to share this 'interesting home and away arrangement'?

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/gerry-thornley-a-10-game-2021-six-nations-actually-makes-sense-1.4227978

Basically he is saying a 10 game six nations home and away games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭ bilston

stayback wrote: »
    So with this years 6 nations more or less over ( my opinion only can’t see it going ahead maybe in the November window but clubs will probably decide that). Does anyone think the 6 nations 2021 will go ahead. Gerry Thornley has an interesting idea of a home and away arrangement for 2021.

2021 6Ns can really only go ahead as normal if we have mass vaccinations or there are better treatments.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭ cson

It's too attritional for a 10 game series.

The RWC finalists play max 7 games for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭ thomond2006

10 games is way too many in one year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭ Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭ bilston

Burkie1203 wrote: »

I wonder if the lack of clarity about how next season and the future is going to look has played a role as well as the Pandemic?

As I said yesterday Rugby is being left behind at the moment, it's been forgotten about. Time for decisions to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 Former Former

bilston wrote: »
    I wonder if the lack of clarity about how next season and the future is going to look has played a role as well as the Pandemic?

Absolutely. CVC don't even know what they're buying at the moment, let alone what it's worth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Dravokivich

The Lions tour is still expected to go ahead next year also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭ awec

I would imagine the 6N will be absolutely desperate to hold a tournament in 2021, even if they have to go to extreme measures to get games played.

• Advertisement
Advertisement