Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wfs forestry investment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ajtp

i am in the same situation and would like to join the group james0987 - have just joined as a result of searches to see if there were others with issues

I have registered my objection by email this morning

I have registered my objection by email this morning

Update - they have replied stating that you need to complete the H16 form to object, has anyone completed and sent that ??

Post edited by ajtp on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dazzler12345

I have registered an objection to the winding up of this company,

Craig Hands has form for this type of behaviour, He is a low life and would tell you anything to buy time,

Anyone got a further current address for him ? Oak Cottage looks the most likely but no one at home at time of visit ?

Can anyone give me what they believe to be a current address for Craig or that of Julie Hands or the daughter,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ruggles13

Hello I am new to this site has anyone had a PI look into WFS or Mr Hands and Caveys who seem to do work for him.

Then you could see if WFS is Real or Not

• Advertisement

Has WFs been put up for stike off in Ireland with the CRO ? As H16 only lasts for 90 days ? After request for strike off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 james0987

• Registered Users Posts: 3 User4

Hi James. Im not an employee of WFs but I have 3 policies with them one matured a year ago, got nothing except excuses. Another one is on going with 1,500 returns yearly, didnt get it and another big one to retire on due in 2023. So far no repayment at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sanjose1

I am in the same boat as many on here, WFS have repeatedly failed on their commitments to me. I would be happy to join in with any court action if someone wants to email me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RayBen5

Hi I also have 3 investments that i should be receiving a return from but I haven’t received a penny all I get is excuses

I think our best course of action is to contact Peter Boyle Solicitors in Dublin as he already has a high court case in the courts last week with WFS Forestry Ireland as he must have information we don`t also there seems to be two companies involved WFS Property Services(which was use to invest in WFS Forestry) and WFS Forestry Ireland, but only one is mentioned in the court case.

This may reduce the costs if we all pool our information.

I note from the article in the newspaper that the Council for the Department of Justice was in court on the 14th which I would think is un usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 james0987

Hi, yes that is correct. The legal action is going ahead, you can certainly reach out Peter. My understanding is that this investigation will be done on the company if the court approves it, so everything will be investigated. Mr Craig knows this and we are getting the same excuses from him, no one knows what he did of this bunch of money.

have we any hope of getting our money back from that company 😡😡😡

James0987 if plan A does not work in the high Court is there a plan B. ?

Anyone have any update on the court proceedings against hands and wfs was there an inspector appointed to the company.??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CiaranGuilfoyle

Hi my name is Ciaran Guilfoyle, I invested in this company and would like to talk to anybody else who has. I’ve gone to the Guards. I am speaking to a solicitor and taking other action. 

ID LIKE TO TALK TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Hi my name is Ciaran Guilfoyle, I invested in this company and would like to talk to anybody else who has. I’ve gone to the Guards. I am speaking to a solicitor and taking other action. 

ID LIKE TO TALK TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY!

All, I have sent a lot of you direct messages asking you contact me…. It would be great if you could all make contact so a proper plan can be laid out.

I’ll contact the Guards, Peter Boyle solicitors, I’ll be flying over to uk to make a report to uk police soon and also I have contact detail for The Irish Accountants that I believe we should all be contacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michael Lydon

We should contact Rte and other media outlets to ensure that others don’t lose their hard earned savings

• Advertisement

I see in newpaper (INDO) that WFS Ltd are up in court again for menton next wednesday.3

case is back in court 27th April, i contacted Peter Boyle solicitors but they are not taking any calls untill after the verdict on that day

Do you think we should attend court hearing on the 27th April in Dublin in mass to show that we are real people and Mr Hands cannot hide in the shadows anymore,this could push the case along quicker.

did anyone get any updates from the court this morning, i see it was planned for 10.30am

,this coming friday the Judge will lay down the date when full hearing will go ahead

Full hearing on WfS 6th May 2022 to see who is going to pay and if the court is going to install an accountant to look into the companies operations .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 passiveshopper

My tuppence worth advice is I would be seeking a winding up order from the High Court by petitioning the High Court with your collective liabilities of the company which are not being met. I would also be seeking a creditors meeting and the appointment of a liquidator. The sooner everything is frozen the better for the creditors and puts a stop to the fraud. The director or directors cannot seek a voluntary liquidation of the company in the present circumstances as too much moneys outstanding. A voluntary winding up is where the company can meet its liabilities. The party to seeking the winding up will be treated as a preferential creditor for their costs.  As for the policing of the Director of Corporate Enforcement in the past it was negligible and from my own experience where I experienced corporate fraud. I did not even get an ack of my complaint.

The Gardaí are usually involved when they are brought in by the liquidator. From my own experience I experienced a corrupt liquidator that was appointed by the company directors as they held they were the main creditors in lendings and foregoings that they did to their company. Invoking company law involves the High Court jurisdiction a very pricey way.

What I did successfully was sued the Directors in the civil court for fraud and breach of contract. I successfully had it followed up with the sheriff. This would allow you to go after the personal assets of the directors. The circuit court allows a max of €75,000 claim. I subpoenaed the very corrupt liquidator as a witness to get access to his very corruptly skewed “liquidators report” and needless to state he did not send the fraudulent activity of the entity to the Gardaí.

This case appears to be white collar crime at its best.

Anyone hear what happened in court yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 passiveshopper

If approved, it will be the first time an inspector has been appointed to a company on foot of an application from someone other than the Director of Corporate Enforcement.

The court heard the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement declined to investigate and referred complainants to gardaí. However, gardaí declined to investigate on the basis that the issues complained of were civil matters and outside their remit.

The application was adjourned to a date later this month when Mr Hands will have a further opportunity to address the court.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/other/fraud-fears-prompt-bid-to-have-inspector-appointed-to-christmas-tree-growing-business/ar-AAWZVp1?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=d5fe70e3ff47401297c19a2959ed759e

Advertisement